Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bearman

Crossfields have reneged on today's fixture

57 posts in this topic

I'm writing from Crosfields ARLFC, we've declined to comment so far until we heard the outcome of the NCL Managment's team, that has now been delivered as as widely expected we have been fined £500 with a 2 point deduction.  This will also require us to seek re-election for the 2014 season

We presented our case to the management team, we caught a cold that particular weekend.  During the week leading up to the game there were no signs that players would not be available, the 17 were chosen on the Thursday night, but quite a number dropped out for varying reasons on the day in question which left us short of a team. Due to it being Magic Weekend our A team did not have a scheduled fixtures, so none were available at such short notice.  It was very disappointing that we could not field a team form our 1st team squad

We've worked hard internally to address these issues and are looking to the future, to that end we had 6 of our under 18s and 2 of our under 16s make their open age debut last week for our A team to get them exposed to the Open Age set up, and give us the depth in squad needed for the rest of the season and beyond

I have liaised with Coventry to offer our apologies as they were ultimately the victim for this, its not something that should happen in the NCL.  I completely understand their frustration and anger with our club and recognise its up to us to repair that relationship. With Coventry,looking to join the professional ranks next season we know we need to do this quickly.  I'll re-assure everybody that nobody more than the committee at Crosfields felt as bad about this situation

We have accepted the NCL's ruling and will not appeal the decision as feel it is correct, fair and consistent with other judgement and would expect the same ruling to happen to anybody else in this circumstance.  We will be seeking re-election at the end of the season.

Very pleased you're still with us! Good luck for the rest of the season.

I'm writing from Crosfields ARLFC, we've declined to comment so far until we heard the outcome of the NCL Managment's team, that has now been delivered as as widely expected we have been fined £500 with a 2 point deduction.  This will also require us to seek re-election for the 2014 season

We presented our case to the management team, we caught a cold that particular weekend.  During the week leading up to the game there were no signs that players would not be available, the 17 were chosen on the Thursday night, but quite a number dropped out for varying reasons on the day in question which left us short of a team. Due to it being Magic Weekend our A team did not have a scheduled fixtures, so none were available at such short notice.  It was very disappointing that we could not field a team form our 1st team squad

We've worked hard internally to address these issues and are looking to the future, to that end we had 6 of our under 18s and 2 of our under 16s make their open age debut last week for our A team to get them exposed to the Open Age set up, and give us the depth in squad needed for the rest of the season and beyond

I have liaised with Coventry to offer our apologies as they were ultimately the victim for this, its not something that should happen in the NCL.  I completely understand their frustration and anger with our club and recognise its up to us to repair that relationship. With Coventry,looking to join the professional ranks next season we know we need to do this quickly.  I'll re-assure everybody that nobody more than the committee at Crosfields felt as bad about this situation

We have accepted the NCL's ruling and will not appeal the decision as feel it is correct, fair and consistent with other judgement and would expect the same ruling to happen to anybody else in this circumstance.  We will be seeking re-election at the end of the season.

Time to draw a line under this whole business now and get on with what will hopefully be the remainder of an enjoyable season for you. I feel sure Crosfields will have no problems with re-election. Good luck to you all.

On behalf of Coventry I can confirm that Crosfields have been extremely helpful in seeking to find a solution.

The game has now been rescheduled for Sunday the 11th of August 2.30 at the Butts Park Arena.

We look forwards to hosting them and certainly wish them well in their re-election to the NCL.

We will be supporting their application.

On behalf of Coventry I can confirm that Crosfields have been extremely helpful in seeking to find a solution.

The game has now been rescheduled for Sunday the 11th of August 2.30 at the Butts Park Arena.

We look forwards to hosting them and certainly wish them well in their re-election to the NCL.

We will be supporting their application.

Well done bearman. How did you get on today against pilks?.

Well done bearman. How did you get on today against pilks?.

Lost 22-26.best team won but we gave them a fright!

Lost 22-26.best team won but we gave them a fright!

Good stuff I watch the game at pilks a few weeks ago and thought you grew into the game as it went on. Looks like you've kept it going.

Good to see both clubs communicating and putting this episode behind them. Best of luck to both clubs for the rest of the season .