Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donny donny

New England Shirt

300 posts in this topic

Is there going to be a new one coming out in time for the World Cup?

If there is I hope they move away from the crappy St George's flag designs. I'd like something simplistic like the current England football shirt but with a grey chevron, or a stitched on white one if the shirt is made from cotton.

I've done a mock up;

engshirt.jpg

I'd buy that. Saints is a red chevron, grey is unique as far as I know, saints don't own the chevron

I have to say, I'm a big fan of the st George's cross jerseys. Yeah it's a bit in your face, but it's ours. People recognise it as an England rugby league shirt, we've had versions of it for almost 20 years now.

Putting a chevron in a white shirt is just trying to imply a history that isn't there, no offense intended to the designer above by the way

I have to say, I'm a big fan of the st George's cross jerseys. Yeah it's a bit in your face, but it's ours. People recognise it as an England rugby league shirt, we've had versions of it for almost 20 years now.

Putting a chevron in a white shirt is just trying to imply a history that isn't there, no offense intended to the designer above by the way

I agree, I loved the recent England jerseys, thought they looked good and showed our flag off. The aussies and kiwis play in chevrons, we need to be different!

I like the St George's Cross on the shirts. I still don't like it on the badge though. Hornetto "designed" one about 3 years ago along the lines of England's Hockey badge that I thought was great. I would put a pic on here but I can't work out how to do it so here's a link to Google Images - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=england+hockey+badge&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ga-hUdi8EKmW0QW4roDwDw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=585#imgrc=_

It's the 5th one! ;-)

All white, red trim, flag on the badge.

I've no idea how we've managed to make every England shirt ever look quite so bad,

All white, red trim, flag on the badge.

I've no idea how we've managed to make every England shirt ever look quite so bad,

we have pretty much had that design before

If there is I hope they move away from the crappy St George's flag designs. I'd like something simplistic like the current England football shirt but with a grey chevron, or a stitched on white one if the shirt is made from cotton.

I've done a mock up;

engshirt.jpg

thats really nice

we have pretty much had that design before

That is true, I didn't mind that one so much. From memory a bit too much trim & also really cheap-looking replicas.

That is true, I didn't mind that one so much. From memory a bit too much trim & also really cheap-looking replicas.

the last world cup one was incredibly cheap. i tried one on and opted for a couple of the t-shirts instead. I think the one we are talking about was a quality shirt - the quality was a massive step up. I have the current red one and tge quality of that is excellent too.

I'd prefer a red one with white on it

I prefer the double hoop from the commonwealth games athletics (118 118).

I think England RU have worn a similar top for the sevens

I prefer the double hoop from the commonwealth games athletics (118 118).

That wouldn't be bad at all.

I've done a mock up;

engshirt.jpg

I've suggested (and mocked up) something very similar in the past. I think out national shirt needs to have a rugby league feel about it, and the chevron gives that.

Red and white is a bit Saints (and other various designs are a bit Wigan, Leigh, Rovers-esque). I think a light grey is subtle and goes with the St George theme (knights wear grey armour).

Still despite the Sports Direct style logo though. Truly awful.

I've suggested (and mocked up) something very similar in the past. I think out national shirt needs to have a rugby league feel about it, and the chevron gives that.

Red and white is a bit Saints (and other various designs are a bit Wigan, Leigh, Rovers-esque). I think a light grey is subtle and goes with the St George theme (knights wear grey armour).

Still despite the Sports Direct style logo though. Truly awful.

The Black Knight didn't wear grey armour. I'd just like them to design a shirt and stick with the basic design ad infinitude not about with it every eighteen months.

The Black Knight didn't wear grey armour. I'd just like them to design a shirt and stick with the basic design ad infinitude not ###### about with it every eighteen months.

(Other than specifically coloured knights then!)

The Black Knight didn't wear grey armour. I'd just like them to design a shirt and stick with the basic design ad infinitum not ###### about with it every eighteen months.

That wouldn't be bad at all.

Thanks Jon

Just a simple white shirt with two hoops - aligns with other sports in athletics.

I'd also have a simple flat 2d rose on the heart side (the same rose design in the 1950s GB top which is distinct to RUs)

Thanks Jon

Just a simple white shirt with two hoops - aligns with other sports in athletics.

I'd also have a simple flat 2d rose on the heart side (the same rose design in the 1950s GB top which is distinct to RUs)

No thanks. You Lancashire folk can keep your red rose!

I'd like St George on the badge. Makes us distinct from the 3 lions of football/cricket and the red rose of rugby union, but still very very English.

Something like:

st_george.jpg

st-george-flag.jpg

st.georges-hospital-medical-school-logo-

Another problem with the current logo is you can't subtly change the colours on it to fit in with certain colour ranges. It HAS to have red and white on it because if the flag.

Nice colours on the original mock-up. I've always thought the England shirt should have a chevron, and to placate the people who insist anything with a red vee is a st.helen's shirt i'd always thought a subtle silver/off-white chevron would look real nice, with pops of red on the collar and maybe sleeves.

I've never understood the obsession of the RFL in trying to design playing kit out of a national flag, nor in using the colours of the England flag. Look at the traditional playing kit of the other major England teams:-

Nike-announce-first-England-football-kit

162432477_2905176.jpg

is-england-cricket-captain-andrew-straus

White and navy!

Rugby league should follow suit, come up with a design based on those colours and stick to it.