Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donny donny

New England Shirt

300 posts in this topic

All of these sports have used red in their kits too over the years.

I've never understood the obsession of the RFL in trying to design playing kit out of a national flag, nor in using the colours of the England flag. Look at the traditional playing kit of the other major England teams:-

162432477_2905176.jpg

White and navy!

Rugby league should follow suit, come up with a design based on those colours and stick to it.

The navy part of the union shirt is just the sponsor colour. The other parts are red.

The navy part of the union shirt is just the sponsor colour. The other parts are red.

I was talking about the socks!

I was talking about the socks!

Ah, didn't notice them!

All looks a bit Scottish to me. Wouldn't wanna be mixed in with that skirt wearing lot...

All of these sports have used red in their kits too over the years.

Yeah, but they never look as good!

White shirt with navy chevron(s), white or navy shorts, navy socks.

Red and white away kit - sorted!

Ah, didn't notice them!

All looks a bit Scottish to me. Wouldn't wanna be mixed in with that skirt wearing lot...

It's been England's kit for as long as I can remember (and Scotifying the England kit isn't my agenda, honest).  ;)

Leave the England kit as it is. Why constantly change things? We've had a kit like that since the England RL brand was re-launched. Stick with it. It's very eye catching and clearly not a soccer or union kit.

Leave the England kit as it is. Why constantly change things? We've had a kit like that since the England RL brand was re-launched. Stick with it. It's very eye catching and clearly not a soccer or union kit.

No, neither of those sports would use a kit that looks like a generic Sports Direct 'England' shirt. And that goes double for the badge. 

Nothing wrong with changing the shirt every couple of years, but it needs to retain a large element of consistency with previous versions. I still don't think England have found they're 'Look' yet.

For me it should be either a plain white jersey and shorts with red detailing and red socks.

And i think the badge is pretty good. Modern and fresh.

As ever the problem is a strong differentiation with other sports. When got right shirts can be iconic. I miss the gb one!

Is there going to be a new one coming out in time for the World Cup?

If there is I hope they move away from the crappy St George's flag designs. I'd like something simplistic like the current England football shirt but with a grey chevron, or a stitched on white one if the shirt is made from cotton.

I've done a mock up;

engshirt.jpg

I've a feeling you might not be a million miles away considering the white and grey training gear that came out a few weeks back!

Here's my go at modifying the current badge into something that doesn't look like it's a cheap England soccer SportDirect.com rip off and sticks to the St George theme:

HorseCoatofArms_zpsffb32830.png

Here's my go at modifying the current badge into something that doesn't look like it's a cheap England soccer SportDirect.com rip off and sticks to the St George theme:

Too much.  Too much.

That's awful, or to put it another way, that'd be a popular tattoo design that most of the squad would get inked.

English National symbols: Lions - taken, Tudor rose - taken, Fish & Chips - ?

:D

English National symbols: Lions - taken, Tudor rose - taken, Fish & Chips - ?

:D

A mosque making a nice cup of tea ...

A mosque making a nice cup of tea ...

Poignant.

People will still moan if the tea doesn't look to have been sugared, or if it has.

Please, don't go into Graphic Design as a job, you'll give us a bad name ;-)

Someone just said to me that's what it feels like when they're "on".

:fie:  :bad:

That's awful, or to put it another way, that'd be a popular tattoo design that most of the squad would get inked.

Haha, does look like a tattoo!

Could be good on those "casual" tshirts like.

What about this dude?!

:paladin:

Point I'm trying to make (although not very well apparently!)

Someone just said to me that's what it feels like when they're "on".

:fie:  :bad:

Leave.

Now.

(And don't come back for 7 days when you will be considered clean again.)