Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donny donny

New England Shirt

300 posts in this topic

get your crayons out quick then 

My attempts.. and the colourways i think would work best. With a few variations on colour for the collar. Think i prefer the first. Add white shorts with a bit of a colour pop and some detailing, and red/blue socks.. job done.

And yes my job is so dull i've spent the last hour or so doing this..

englandrlshirt20131.jpg englandrlshirt20132.jpg englandrlshirt20133.jpg

Probably number 3. Throw some piping on the sleeve seam from the neck to the underarm and I'd buy it.

... maybe outline the chevrons with red or blue stitching too.

Think number 3 looks a bit football like to me. Prefer number 1 myself.

I think if they added red piping, it would take away from the plain simple design that's trying to be achieved. I'd go as far as saying change the red on the sleeves to the grey colour.

My attempts.. and the colourways i think would work best. With a few variations on colour for the collar. Think i prefer the first. Add white shorts with a bit of a colour pop and some detailing, and red/blue socks.. job done.

And yes my job is so dull i've spent the last hour or so doing this..

englandrlshirt20131.jpg englandrlshirt20132.jpg englandrlshirt20133.jpg

Make these in cotton with a proper colour and I would buy all three right now!

Hang fire - which sport uses the Tudor rose?

English National symbols: Lions - taken, Tudor rose - taken, Fish & Chips - ?

:D

You need some colour on a shirt, it just needs to be subtle, bearing in mind you'll get colour also on the shorts (again, subtle), and full on colour on the socks. You don't want lots of colours on an England shirt. Its white with pops of colour/detailing.

No-one afaik. Rah rahs use a red rose for some reason. I wouldn't object to using a tudor rose, as long as it was clearly and noticeably different to the inferior codes design.

No-one afaik. Rah rahs use a red rose for some reason. I wouldn't object to using a tudor rose, as long as it was clearly and noticeably different to the inferior codes design.

Maybe a teeny bit smaller, eh?

My bad. I meant the RU rose.

A rose by another other name would still smell like union sh*t.

I quite like it actually but, yes, the danger is that we look like we're copying union.

The NZRL used to have a crest, not the kiwi one, it was more formal. Like a coat of arms. I can't find an example of it anywhere but it looked good, very official looking, and I always thought we should design something similar.

You need some colour on a shirt, it just needs to be subtle, bearing in mind you'll get colour also on the shorts (again, subtle), and full on colour on the socks. You don't want lots of colours on an England shirt. Its white with pops of colour/detailing.

Do you? I don't think you need colour.

The last England football shirt was just white shirt and shorts with a badge on it wasn't it? It looked brilliant, but we won't get away with no sponsors and a collar though!

The last England (umbro) kit had dark red shorts i think.. though i think they did have an all white kit for one season.. on that kit the colour came from the badge and the manufacturer logo.. so extremely subtle.

I quite like it actually but, yes, the danger is that we look like we're copying union.

The NZRL used to have a crest, not the kiwi one, it was more formal. Like a coat of arms. I can't find an example of it anywhere but it looked good, very official looking, and I always thought we should design something similar.

This one?

NEW_ZEALAND.jpg

EastLondonMike, on 29 May 2013 - 15:49, said:

The last England (umbro) kit had dark red shorts i think.. though i think they did have an all white kit for one season.. on that kit the colour came from the badge and the manufacturer logo.. so extremely subtle.

They wore red shorts in one game due to a (perceived) colour clash in a game with Italy. Before the new kit, two of the last three had been all white, with the one used at the 2010 World Cup being, in my opinion, the pick of the crop.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/England+v+Belarus+FIFA2010+World+Cup+Qualifier+O4hK1pAI8zbl.jpg

Back to RL, I like the idea of a dark blue chevron on white for an England kit. Not really been a fan of any of the England RL kits.

This one?

NEW_ZEALAND.jpg

A pedant writes

That is not a crest.

It is a coat of arms

A pedant writes

That is not a crest.

It is a coat of arms

Mr Nads did infer this though...

Mr Nads did infer this though...

Aye so he did

Mumbles apologies and backs out of room

Aye so he did

Mumbles apologies and backs out of room

Nah it's alright, we all get one wrong every now and again! Do you fancy a gig as a video ref?

This one?

NEW_ZEALAND.jpg

That's the one, good man!

I think it looks very good, and IIRC the various district RLs in New Zealand have their own versions too. Something along those lines for England would be good. You could maybe have elements to represent the three historic northern RL counties alongside something representing the expansion into the rest of the country.

That's the nz coat of arms, it's on the right side of the kiwis shirt