Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donny donny

New England Shirt

300 posts in this topic

I agree with the posters above we should stick with a similar design to previously as we need to stamp our own mark on the shirt and ensure we have something which is known as England RL.

The current jersey is pretty good IMO, but I've always liked the red version better, as the predominant problem with white shirts is they always look bland!!

That set me thinking, what if the shirt was modified slightly in line with the away shirt?  The current England shirt with red sleeves and red shorts would look excellent IMO.  This is the look we should be looking at for me!

post-37887-0-57389800-1377436675_thumb.png

That looks like a playing shirt, especially with the grips on the front. It's not too bad actually. I wonder if the new shirt has been leaked!!

thats defo a playing shirt imo...

i like it..

ive asked the seller for details

I've asked the RFL! Lets compare notes later! Haha!

the guy selling it says it's 2 years old,was a gift but never wore it.....

that was'nt the england jersey 2 years ago though lol

Its probably just a sample thats made its way out of ISC at some point. When designing jerseys plenty of samples would have been made. Its not a playing jersey i.e. never been worn for an official match, as it would have had the match details embroidered onto the jersey.

My initial thougt was that its a jersey worn by a students or U20's team or something.. but again, lack of match details on the jersey suggests it isn't.

My attempts.. and the colourways i think would work best. With a few variations on colour for the collar. Think i prefer the first. Add white shorts with a bit of a colour pop and some detailing, and red/blue socks.. job done. And yes my job is so dull i've spent the last hour or so doing this.. englandrlshirt20131.jpg englandrlshirt20132.jpg englandrlshirt20133.jpg

Think your more or less spot on with this design I would buy any one of the three.

The jersey for sale is I believe from the academy or student side, can't remember which, but I think they ate supplied by ISC from top to bottom

If not the above I'd also like to see something like this....think it retains the flag while still looking good and not being overbearing and dominated by the St George

post-37887-0-56552600-1379193659_thumb.png

If not the above I'd also like to see something like this....think it retains the flag while still looking good and not being overbearing and dominated by the St George

I like that design.

Think your more or less spot on with this design I would buy any one of the three.

I would buy any of those too.

Even I would buy that.

For me, it LOOKS like a RUGBY LEAGUE shirt. It looks like an INTERNATIONAL RL shirt. And it looks ENGLISH.

THAT is the brand awareness we need. Within the sporting world, within the RL world and within this country.

And it must be true because I've used capitals for effect. FACT!

For me, it LOOKS like a RUGBY LEAGUE shirt. It looks like an INTERNATIONAL RL shirt. And it looks ENGLISH.

THAT is the brand awareness we need. Within the sporting world, within the RL world and within this country.

I'd tinker with it slightly and have an irregular double chevron. Basically the Kiwis shirt (as was) but in white and red.

Why are the RFL/ISC leaving it so damn late to release the new shirt?

Quite.

A soft launch of the new kit should have been done for the Exiles fixtures this summer, build some momentum going into the tournament. I know there are the playoffs to get through but I really hope and pray the RFL aren't waiting until after the Grand Final to launch it.

What Wellsy said and I'd be agreeing with him even if he hadn't used CAPITALS!