Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donny donny

New England Shirt

300 posts in this topic

agree, the probiz in just white would have been a nice touch. The Welsh seem to be sticking with the irregular chevron, looks like a winner!

Though whisper it quietly, i prefer the cotton flag jersey, best of them all ;)

Teaser of the new England shirt (to be launched on October 1st)

Eng-Shirt-Large.jpg

The full kit will be launched on October 1st when England Coach Steve McNamara will also unveil his 24 man squad for the World Cup.

Grey? No thanks, far too bland and very uninspiring.

England's historic and traditional colours are red and white so why change a nation's sporting identity?

White jersey with a big red V may be like St Helens but why not try Saints' old jersey - all white with a broad red band (-)? Trouble nowadays the powers-that-be simply allow designers total freedom to muck around as they see fit AND with we end up with a rubbish design like the current one.

:tease:    :yahoo:    :sungum:

Teaser of the new England shirt (to be launched on October 1st)

Eng-Shirt-Large.jpg

The full kit will be launched on October 1st when England Coach Steve McNamara will also unveil his 24 man squad for the World Cup.

Doesn't look like it will have a chevron, which is a shame. I really hope it's bold design and fashionable but this teaser doesn't fill me with much hope.

That's a smart looking shirt.

Smart? You've got to be joking surely. Jersey designs nowadays are totally rubbish when compared how they used to look, yes, in the 'good old days' before designers began mucking around. Anyone who thinks that modern jerseys look 'cool' and better than maybe 40-50 years ago is either fibbing, too young to remember or more likely, completely off his/her trolley – FACT.

I challenge anyone, look at pictures of GB teams from maybe the '60s and compare their jerseys with current ones. And then admit it, there simply is NO comparison at all - is there?

Smart? You've got to be joking surely. Jersey designs nowadays are totally rubbish when compared how they used to look, yes, in the 'good old days' before designers began mucking around. Anyone who thinks that modern jerseys look 'cool' and better than maybe 40-50 years ago is either fibbing, too young to remember or more likely, completely off his/her trolley – FACT.

I challenge anyone, look at pictures of GB teams from maybe the '60s and compare their jerseys with current ones. And then admit it, there simply is NO comparison at all - is there?

I can't tell if you're being tongue in cheek or serious?

Give it a chance.. i think it looks like it could well be a nice jersey.. Few subtle pops of colour in certain places and it will be a winner. Judging by that image the hoops/stripes don't carry on above the badge.. kind of reminds me of the Saracens union away jersey from last season, which was a nice jersey, though the England image looks much more subtle.

I wouldnt be oppose to a white jersey with thin SILVER (not grey) hoops.. if done nicely it could look real nice.. The England union jersey is IMO a very good example of a simple design done well, as is the England football jersey. If this is in a similar vein i'll be happy, and cant wait to see the jersey in full.

I can't tell if you're being tongue in cheek or serious?

Tongue in cheek? Never, I don't joke about something like this, I'm deadly serious, of that you can be sure.

:crazypilot:     :sungum:      :nono:

I wouldnt be oppose to a white jersey with thin SILVER (not grey) hoops.. if done nicely it could look real nice.. The England union jersey is IMO a very good example of a simple design done well, as is the England football jersey. If this is in a similar vein i'll be happy, and cant wait to see the jersey in full.

The only issue I'd have with a simple design would be how much attention it would bring to the naff badge!

Yes I am too young to remember.

Plus I don't stare out the rain sodden windows pining for yesteryear. Boo hoo, fings were better when I woz a lad.

Nor do I drink Sunny D before bedtime.

From that sneak peek in my mind's eye I imagine it to be a those thin hoops in bands about 3 inches wide, on/off down the shirt;

Something like... IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Give it a chance.. i think it looks like it could well be a nice jersey.. Few subtle pops of colour in certain places and it will be a winner. Judging by that image the hoops/stripes don't carry on above the badge.. kind of reminds me of the Saracens union away jersey from last season, which was a nice jersey, though the England image looks much more subtle.

I think I see a hint of red in the bottom right corner

I think I see a hint of red in the bottom right corner

Was just about to say that. Looks like it's diagonal to me. Maybe a Chevron below the chest?

could be.. theres a bit of a pink hue to the jersey, so reckon it might just be a reflection of something red.. though could be a chevron.

I've been thinking, if we don't like it, could we design our own shirt (obviously without the official England RL badge, which is naff anyway) and wear it with pride? Is that even legal?

I've been thinking, if we don't like it, could we design our own shirt (obviously without the official England RL badge, which is naff anyway) and wear it with pride? Is that even legal?

All seems a bit ott.

Yes I am too young to remember.

Plus I don't stare out the rain sodden windows pining for yesteryear. Boo hoo, fings were better when I woz a lad.

Nor do I drink Sunny D before bedtime.

That means therefore - you're just plain ignorant to what the sport was like in its 'golden era' and you're frightened of a bit of rain and a chilly wind. Quite honestly, you simply don't know what you're missing ('too young to remember').

:onthequiet:

Love your Brian Bevan postage stamp icon. I am pleased to say that I'm old enough to have seen the great man himself play towards the end of his career, late '50s/early'60s but not a Wire fan though (Swinton).

:sungum:

The World Cup logo will ruin any design. Needs less colour.

In your user name is it wind as in breeze or wind as in crank.