Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGD

STATE OF ORIGIN I - NSW vs QLD - Wed 5 Jun

Who will win State of Origin I ?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win State of Origin I ?

• New South Wales
    • Queensland

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

168 posts in this topic

Excellent first half by NSW, their young players look very hungry for this which is great to see.

Hard to argue against that being a red but they do tend to be more lenient in Origin games so I'm not surprised that he's stayed on.

Im glad he stayed on, for me its what makes Orgin so great. Its just set up the second half nicely :)

It may get a bit punchy in the second half, i expect Hodges to be looking for the square up on Gallen.
Gallen is undoubtedly a good player, the fact he is a thug detracts from his game.

Qld need to score first too make this a good game.
Plenty of doubts about the lead up to Haynes try, the Qld player did not appear to touch the ball in the air contest.

I haven't seen a play the ball yet where the markers are square and that is with two referees as well.   Do the Aussies play under different rules?

It may get a bit punchy in the second half, i expect Hodges to be looking for the square up on Gallen.

Gallen is undoubtedly a good player, the fact he is a thug detracts from his game.

Qld need to score first too make this a good game.

Plenty of doubts about the lead up to Haynes try, the Qld player did not appear to touch the ball in the air contest.

I don't think Tate did touch it to be honest and felt like it was a harsh call, but after the ridiculous decision to award the Inglis (no)try last year I have very little sympathy.

Lol at SL fans talking about red cards. It's Origin you gooses. Never, ever a red. A 50/50 sin bin.

English fans really need to stop thinking SL over-reactive red carding everybody is how league should be reffed everywhere. It always lets us down in internationals when all you see is England fans crying all game that marginal tackles aren't the red cards they are in SL.

SL is soft compard to the NRL, and especially soft compared to Origin.

Deal with it.

If they started red carding such weak effort Origin wouldn't be the massive spectacle it is. Despite the PC mummy propaganda in the UK, fighting draws crowds. That's fact. Origin is built on it, no?

Come on Queensland. If you win enough, maybe they'll retire the concept and bring in proper internationals!

You really do talk some nonsense.

It's either against the rules, or it isn't.

The fact that this is one of the much over-hyped SOO games shouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

To be honest, I lost interest in this steroid induced thugathon years ago.

No where in the rule book does it say that fighting must be a sin bin or a red card. That's a SL delusion.

And nobody cares what you lost interest in, it's the biggest rugby league event in the world and will continue to be so, because of the biff and the aggro.

Go watch touch if you don't like it.

No where in the rule book does it say that fighting must be a sin bin or a red card. That's a SL delusion.

No but saying naughty words to a ref is a straight red.

Argh, I was hoping they'd be nilled.  Credit where it's due though, that was beautiful movement down field.

can't see QLD scoring here.......

14-6

And nobody cares what you lost interest in, it's the biggest rugby league event in the world and will continue to be so, because of the biff and the aggro.

Go watch touch if you don't like it.

Are you an Australian? you sound like one.

If its only a success because of the biff and aggro I'd say all the guff about it being the best RL in the world is just that, guff. 

Listening to 2GB Radio as well as watching the game on Premier Sports, radio about the same as TV commentary

Well done NSW.

Qld did not turn up in the first Half.

This has happened before - NSW need to be able to back up this performance or it's the same old story.