Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
audois

Toulouse Olympique Update

2 posts in this topic

Le-Preacutesident-MALVY-entoureacute-de-

The two strongmen of French rugby league meet in Toulouse last week.Left Bernard Guasch President of Catalan Dragons and right the French Federation President & former President of Toulouse Carlos Zalduendo; betweem them the President of the Midi Pyrenees Conseil Regional. The occasion was the monthly Table Ovalie still chaired by Zaldunendo which assembles up to 200 sponsors & partners including a representative of the Airbus Corporation.If anyone can deliver the clubs Super League hopes for 2015 it will I think be these people.

Guasch was there to lend his support to their candidature & at the same time promote the forthcoming Super League clash with Hull KR next month at the Stade Ernest Wallon.Still nothing concrete from Bein Sport the cashed up Qatari funded television channel & their hoped involvement. One thing is that they already have produced the best ever coverage for the game with its extensive SL & NRL content. We also have a weekly magazine slot each Thursday evening. All the Magic games have been shown live taking the Sky feed but Bein still had their own crew in Manchester doing pitch side interviews with the Catalan coaches and players.

Toulouse have regrouped well after their aborted Championship experience & have had a decent year in Elite 1 just missing out on two Finals. Their U21s finished runners up on their league ladder & they provided five players for the French team who played England Academy this past weekend. They've just signed up Aaron Wood one of the best overseas players in the local comp from Avignon for next season too. They're on the move I reckon.

Edited by audois

I seriously suggests he takes those balloons down:) If i was a major potential sponsor running a large corporation and had to sit down at a table dressed up like one for a 4 year olds birthday i would cringe.

CM

Humbug.

Having said that if that is your only criticism then that's not bad is it?