Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldham13

RFL Salaries

38 posts in this topic

Nigel Woods,(RFL Chief Executive) His salary is reportedly £204,000 per annum

How can the RFL justify that salary.

I don't have a problem with that, I don't expect him to be earning minimum wage.

Wasn't he the guy who tempted Dr Koukash into the game? Worth every penny. :yahoo:

I would expect that he is at the bottom end if you compared him to other governing bodies in the UK. He has a job on his hands so worth the salary IMHO

I would expect that he is at the bottom end if you compared him to other governing bodies in the UK. He has a job on his hands so worth the salary IMHO

Do you mean the position is worth that salary or Woods is?

I agree the position is worth that salary. Not sure Woods should be in that position tho.

Nigel Woods,(RFL Chief Executive) His salary is reportedly £204,000 per annum

How can the RFL justify that salary.

By comparing it to the Chief Executive's salary in other sports governing bodies perhaps?

It's not a question of the salary amount, it's a question of whether the man being paid it gives value for money. Two very different issues really.

have to agree with most posts ........RL as a NATIONAL sport is not even in the same league as Tennis never mind Football and Rah Rah ..... u get wot u pay for

What is the prime minister on dont think its that much and he's in charge of the country, makes you wonder how some salaries are so large

What is the prime minister on dont think its that much and he's in charge of the country

Just to be clear, the Prime Minister's salary is £198,661. This includes the salary for being an MP but does not include expenses or other benefits like not having to pay rent or bills to live in Downing Street and Chequers. Being Prime Minister also leads to many opportunities to earn very large salaries after leaving office.

What is the prime minister on dont think its that much and he's in charge of the country, makes you wonder how some salaries are so large

the prime minister earns less than many senior figures in industry, business and indeed sport: that isn't the point.

Gizza job ... go on, gizza job ... go on I could do that ... go on and I'll do it for two grand a week, go on!

the prime minister earns less than many senior figures in industry, business and indeed sport: that isn't the point.

The Prime Minister has announced that he will be taking a salary of £142,500.

The point about these salaries is that why on earth would you change things if you are in power? Its crazy that the game is stagnating and the suits earn far far more money than the actual stars of the game.

It suits the suits to just keep plodding on , spouting the odd press release here and there whilst picking up huge pay rises while the salary cap remains at 1.8 m , we have no major sponsor and stars drift away from the game.

There have been positives but could there have been more?

The point about these salaries is that why on earth would you change things if you are in power? Its crazy that the game is stagnating and the suits earn far far more money than the actual stars of the game.

It suits the suits to just keep plodding on , spouting the odd press release here and there whilst picking up huge pay rises while the salary cap remains at 1.8 m , we have no major sponsor and stars drift away from the game.

There have been positives but could there have been more?

I'm sure if the RL Board weren't happy they could vote no confidence and he could be relinquished.

It's a hard job with next to no gratification from anyone.

Broadly equivalent to the salary a Tesco regional manager takes home.

Broadly equivalent to the salary a Tesco regional manager takes home.

ah well, every little helps

Just to be clear, that is only how much David Cameron personally is claiming, not the Prime Minister's salary. But it is easy to turn down part of you pay cheque when you are already a millionaire.

Just to be clear, that is only how much David Cameron personally is claiming, not the Prime Minister's salary. But it is easy to turn down part of you pay cheque when you are already a millionaire.

For clarity; multi-millionaire, with a multi-millionairess wife.

Do the RFL also pay bonuses?

I reckon Steve Ganson deserves one.