Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidM

Big body blow for us

88 posts in this topic

Points differece currently in our favour but we have all the top teams away apart from leigh. can't see anything but a dog fight until end of season.

Some haven fans where cheering when the final score come through i tried to educate them that was the worst result for us !!!!

Can't blame them really . Dogfight is the right word . Frightening fixtures ahead so you gotta o the biz in these games . Can we pull it back Thursday ? Lupton 6 , Olstrum 13 axis back for a start .

Can't see us doing much at Keighley on Thursday especially as I think we have a few players unavailable for various reasons.

Lawtons a beast id snap yer hand off for him

hes the size of a beast, he certainly dosent play like one. no aggression and dosent make many yards.hope bretts back soon

Very harsh

just my opinion, for the size of him he should be steam rolling defenses but once he hits the tackle he very rarely drives through like the likes of olstrum and stack do.

hes the size of a beast, he certainly dosent play like one. no aggression and dosent make many yards.hope bretts back soon

We got outmuscled up the middle couldn't handle Waller or Castle probably the sort of game that we needed acton and Brett especially as Lupton was in the pack but didn't play like a forward so we were light up front to single Lawton out is unfair

We got outmuscled up the middle couldn't handle Waller or Castle probably the sort of game that we needed acton and Brett especially as Lupton was in the pack but didn't play like a forward so we were light up front to single Lawton out is unfair

i didnt single him out, i just replied that in my opinion he isnt a beast. being big dosent make you a beast on the rugby field.

i didnt single him out, i just replied that in my opinion he isnt a beast. being big dosent make you a beast on the rugby field.

True! lack of aggressions a problem we have as a team it gave them the impetus to win today

I have to say you are right Wonky on todays showing give me James Robinson any time,as i have said before when we get these DR lads they lack game time

town are at their best when they stick to the basics. complete, good kick chase then tackle hard. didn't happen today. stick to basics fellas

That's right wonky toughness comes in all shapes n sizes out there . I was talking physically . He's just young and in my opinion there's plenty of raw material to work with there . If it's done here ill be happy , he'll develop well and will have plenty of good games ahead . I certainly wouldn't say he's soft by any means . Not many shone today so lets not jump on the kids back , bad day at the office all round and we need to bounce back Thursday to right this wrong

looks like were going to be down to bare numbers again on thursday, im pretty sure coward and mossop are in ibiza so they wont be playing, hulmes not going to be an option so i hope widnes have one or two spare this week.

Charlo was saying that some players were not available this Thursday due to previous appointments!!!    The fixture was in the list from the start of the season, is that not a previous appointment?

The last thing we need after today is another "no show" on television.

We do tend to suffer from televisionitis !!! Please give us something to watch this time and not a no show again where we're never in it !!

Get well soon Jamie Acton please.

looks like were going to be down to bare numbers again on thursday, im pretty sure coward and mossop are in ibiza so they wont be playing, hulmes not going to be an option so i hope widnes have one or two spare this week.

ibiza in the middle of the season? a very important season??????????

So that's potentially 4 centres down . Shaun Briscoe must be a no brainer now . Great for the club to have him seen in a town shirt on TV.

I have to say you are right Wonky on todays showing give me James Robinson any time,as i have said before when we get these DR lads they lack game time

Lawtons played the last several games for Widnes he isnt lacking game time!!

Adam Lawson as been on the bench five times for Widnes, in fact SHAUN BRISCOE as started more games,Just makes you wonder what it is that Betts wont pick him????

Adam Lawson as been on the bench five times for Widnes, in fact SHAUN BRISCOE as started more games,Just makes you wonder what it is that Betts wont pick him????

Lawton has played more games than Briscoe starting games is irrelevant the lads had two injury ravaged years and is young id imagine his superleague appearances are a bonus to him this season considering he was originally ear marked to come as a season long loan the fact he also has a new Widnes contract would indicate Betts rates the lad highly

To be quite honest I am glad to get the services of some of these Widnes lads.    If we don't get some this week we could be struggling to be putting a team out with injuries and players going on holiday, etc.   I'm not saying they shouldn't go on holiday if they choose but they can't really have any grumbles if we play Widnes players in their places either.

To be quite honest I am glad to get the services of some of these Widnes lads. If we don't get some this week we could be struggling to be putting a team out with injuries and players going on holiday, etc. I'm not saying they shouldn't go on holiday if they choose but they can't really have any grumbles if we play Widnes players in their places either.

sorry keith i have to disagree on the holiday thing.

Can't expect to walk back in if someone performs