Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidM

Big body blow for us

88 posts in this topic

sorry keith i have to disagree on the holiday thing.

What do you disagree with?       These lads are part-time professionals who go to work and there are some jobs where they are on shift rotas and can only take holidays at certain times.    At the end of the day the choice is theirs and I wouldn't argue with that but if we get someone else to play and they do well then there can be no grumbles.

What do you disagree with?

semi pros who get paid going on holiday mid season in such an important season.

semi pros who get paid going on holiday mid season in such an important season.

I was editing my post at the time you were replying town4me so my thoughts are in the post above.

I was editing my post at the time you were replying town4me so my thoughts are in the post above.

as i say i disagree with it

yeah they work but they also sign semi pro RL deals to and get pay on top. i ,as a fan, booked my holidays around the season. wonder if Gus risman booked holidays mid season.

It's an individual choice.    Some can't take them other than in school holidays for instance.    There has got to be some leeway but if they make the choice to go on holiday during the season then they can't expect to just walk back in to the team when they come back if someone else has been performing well in their place.

I think a few of the lads are going on a stag do for one of their mates which has been arranged for quite a long time, I don't think it's a case of just deciding to have a holiday mid-season.

I think a few of the lads are going on a stag do for one of their mates which has been arranged for quite a long time, I don't think it's a case of just deciding to have a holiday mid-season.

fair point but if we go down by the odd point we can an all enjoy their holiday snaps as compensation

PRIOR ENGAGEMENT - An engagement that was arranged prior to anything else . . Simples! Moving on.

PRIOR ENGAGEMENT - An engagement that was arranged prior to anything else . . Simples! Moving on.

yeah but it goes against giving priority to locals over DR.

i actually think its something that kris and mossop have had planned for a good while and its a wedding that there at. the lads are part time and deserve a break just like we all do in our jobs. if we havent got players to cover then that isnt there problem in my opinion. and there 2 players who no one can ever question that they do everything for town.

i actually think its something that kris and mossop have had planned for a good while and its a wedding that there at. the lads are part time and deserve a break just like we all do in our jobs. if we havent got players to cover then that isnt there problem in my opinion. and there 2 players who no one can ever question that they do everything for town.

Both lads have been brilliant servants of the club and give there all every game got the club

Can't be helped like you say Wonky sometimes things take priority over rugby we just need to get on with it, it just means a chance for others in the squad to shine

One thing that I found strange was the decision to bring both stack and Matty off with five mins left and the game still in the balance and Olstrum on the bench?????

... and didn't the last try go right through where Stack would have been ?

Even match throughout, poor refereeing performance for both sides, I did feel a bit cheated when they scored off the last play, especially as it looked like their winger knocked on before the scrum, but they got the ball back. Maybe a bit too much confidence going into this match?

It was Dowes that raced out of the line and missed the tackle on Cooke. There props were much better than ours and that's where the game was won and lost today

Town fan 10 on what basis should we not bother with Lawton again?

One thing that I found strange was the decision to bring both stack and Matty off with five mins left and the game still in the balance and Olstrum on the bench??????

I thought he did more wrong than he did right, like passing to nobody and rushing out of the defensive line. Yeah he's got good go-forward but the jury's out for me.

These lads on duel reg are coming from a full time environment and showing nothing- they should surely add something to the team - I'm not just singling out Lawton I'm talking about everyone we've had - gore / Davies / they've done nothing - yes use them when we're low on numbers - but not when we have alternatives - maybe briscoe will show something if we ever get to see him - tho we got to see how poor widnes were first hand just the other week - and that was their first team !!!

i think mcgraff out of them all has the potential to make a big impact for town if we can get him for a run of games and when hock returns maybe he will be more available.briscoe is a seasoned and experienced player who will do well if we ever get him up here

Even match throughout, poor refereeing performance for both sides, I did feel a bit cheated when they scored off the last play, especially as it looked like their winger knocked on before the scrum, but they got the ball back. Maybe a bit too much confidence going into this match?

And the little boy running the line was only a yard away from the whole incident and still got it wrong!!!!    Mossop facing his own line dropped the ball backwards, their winger tried to pick it up and knocked on and knocked the ball in to touch off his own leg.   How the TJ gave them the scrum feed was unbelievable.

And we couldn't defend our line is the be all and end all ... Again . To many soft tries are being leaked .

And the little boy running the line was only a yard away from the whole incident and still got it wrong!!!! Mossop facing his own line dropped the ball backwards, their winger tried to pick it up and knocked on and knocked the ball in to touch off his own leg. How the TJ gave them the scrum feed was unbelievable.

yeah how young did the officials look yesterday or am i just getting older

They didn't exactly inspire confidence did they ? The rucks were just painful to watch which killed the game of any speed , which we wanted ,offsides were ignored , and there was nearly a punch up as Cobb just didn't seem in control of things . Stacky was getting well fed up and decided to have a full on debate with him during the game !!!

i think mcgraff out of them all has the potential to make a big impact for town if we can get him for a run of games and when hock returns maybe he will be more available.briscoe is a seasoned and experienced player who will do well if we ever get him up here

Agree with wonky on macagraff, and briscoe has been around long enough to do us a job.Now the sore point with me was taking off walne from the game,you should never take off your best tacklers like walne is,he patroled the touch line 3 times before charlton finally got the message and in his first tackle back he flattened that big tub of lard,now thats what we want to see and then he go's and takes stacky off with 7 minutes to go and when he go's off we lost the game.I have been reading some of the posts from fellow townies about bringing in another coach with a bit more knowledge in the championship and i absolutely agree,also there are a few lads in the team who honestly should not be playing at this moment,if widnes offer us 5 players i think we should put them in at keithley has we are now down to the bones for players with a few lads missing due to a stag party?McCormack or the coach from barrow,sorry i have forgotten his name but is a popular choice from some of our townies.

Paul Crarey is the fella your thinking of trouty.    This is something I hear more and more that we are stale and that the coach has taken us as far as he can.    On the face of it we have some experienced and several talented players who we should be seeing performing better than we have been doing.  The big question is, is that down to poor coaching or the players not sticking with game plans or putting it all together.     We at times seem to lack someone on the field with the nous to change things around and we stick to the same old way of playing but try and force passes, etc.    We still have several games that we should be capable of winning to keep us in this league, so let's just see how it pans out for the rest of the season.

We are all remembering that we have just come off a winning run in a higher league than we have been for years aren't we??

Great point Keith . Rarely do we see us perform to the sum of our parts for anything other than patches . These teams we watch aren't world beaters but they just find a consistent level of performance off a solid base and minimise their errors and lapses .That gets you a long way in this league . Yes we were on a winning run but that emphasises the point ironically , they were won with good patches . That tells us how much more is there in the side doesn't it ?

We are all remembering that we have just come off a winning run in a higher league than we have been for years aren't we??

we havent exactly been playing great in those victories though.