Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidM

Big body blow for us

88 posts in this topic

I just wish we had someone like cooke in our team,he hardly got his shirt dirty but did the job has required.Thanks wonky,that was the bloke i could not bring to mind and am sure he would be delighted to give them a hand has i personally think martin and charlo have done what they can for the team, and we have to think with a clear head and not be trying to give everyone a game just out of who he is,we need the best side on the field in every game and at the moment i think we are going to struggle until we get our best side on the field but, has i have said in my previous post we need to reinforce with DR players from widnes,but that is only my opinion for what it is worth.....

Well I think we are doing alright, if we stay up our coaches can build the squad up and keep moving in the right direction. I don't agree with the way the team is set up or plays sometimes but I'm just a fan and what do I know. Considering many of our players haven't played in this league before its only natural that there are ups and downs as they learn that all mistakes are usually punished.

I've heard a few stories from players on decisions that have been made by the coaches that seem bizarre, but you only get one side of the story so it's hard to judge. I think some people should be careful what they wish for as it wasn't that long ago we had the likes of Rotherham at the helm!!

i'm happy with the coaches we just need a kicking coach.

One of the big talking points are the amount of ground we make kicking from hand compared to the other teams,we just seem to be happy its in touch, i know it is vital you find touch but it seems we take 3 tackles to reach where we should be starting our first one.

One of the big talking points are the amount of ground we make kicking from hand compared to the other teams,we just seem to be happy its in touch, i know it is vital you find touch but it seems we take 3 tackles to reach where we should be starting our first one.

totally agree mate, or we just dont bother kicking at all. cooke was kicking 30-40 meters everytime. even with the wind i would be shocked if we even made 20. surely when connors fit he should get that job, his drop out clear half way everytime so im sure his kicking for touch is better than the likes of forber.

One thing Australian halves are raised to do is kick a ball , it's a central feature of the game down there with such good defences . When you have that turbo boot you got to use it . It would be a crying shame if we only seen it in a defensive capacity taking drop outs ! He should be taking touch kicks , 40/20s , bombs and all our long in play kicking . People tell us he can be a demon goal kicker to so will we see that ? Even he plays centre he can be positioned on last play . With Luptons short finesse kicks and Connors muscle kicks its a decent mix if you utilise it . You can control a game , have more attacking threat and make things a hell of a lot easier alround with a good boot .

It wasn't only the kicking distance that we queried on Sunday it was when to actually kick.    In the first half with a strong wind behind us we never once tried for a 40/20 and there were many times when both their wingers were up in the line and the full-back in the centre of the field.   Instead we continued to batter our way out of our own 40 and then kicking from the halfway line.    All the forward battering must catch up with some lads by the end and things like this is where we need to be a bit smarter.

And again we didn't go for goal right in front ... Add the first missed conversion which should have been a gimme and its small margins isn't it ? A quality kicker / goal kicker who pings them from everywhere in a tight league is gold.

Forber usually does kick his goals

both him and brett are very good kickers.

Hi all,

Please do not respond to such obvious trolls, it makes deleting all their posts a more time consuming process rather than the "delete everything" option I just hit for the troll.  Please use the report button instead.

I never understand why people bother with that as they simply have wasted all of that time and effort just to see it deleted by one click of a moderator's control panel.

Thanks,

CKN

TRL Admin

Thank heavens....we just couldn't compete with his cutting wit and repoirtee, the Oscar Wilde of Parton !!!

It wasn't only the kicking distance that we queried on Sunday it was when to actually kick.    In the first half with a strong wind behind us we never once tried for a 40/20 and there were many times when both their wingers were up in the line and the full-back in the centre of the field.   Instead we continued to batter our way out of our own 40 and then kicking from the halfway line.    All the forward battering must catch up with some lads by the end and things like this is where we need to be a bit smarter.

Totally agree, when you've got the pace of Miller and Calderwood seems such an obvious tactic to employ? To us anyhow.