Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shun

Remaining fixtures

27 posts in this topic

These are the remaining games 

Sheffield, Home               L

Dewsbury, Away              BP

Featherstone, Home        L

York City, Away                BP

Leigh, Home                    BP

Hunslet, Home                 W

Doncaster, Away             BP

Halifax, Home                   L

Batley, Away                    L

Workington, Home           W

Swinton, Away                 W

Keighley, Home                W

that is how i see the rest of the seasons results 16 points, will that be enough to stay up? Hope so.

That adds up to 13 points. Not sure if it will be enough.

13? really........

im lost now. This is off wikipedia

• Win – Three points
  • Draw – Two points
  • Loss by 12 points or fewer – One point

If this is the case surely thats 16 points

same here i thought it was 2 for  a win for some reason? hahaha u are right livo 16 points

NCL head was on.

It's 16 points. I think we need what you said except a win against either York, Dewsbury, Doncaster or Leigh. 18 points = 33 points overall.

Whitehaven had 18 points after 13 games (half way point) and they were seventh. 18 points from 12 games should see us stay up I reckon.

Achieving that though is a completely different story.

to get those points in the list we will have to vastly improve on the last few performances IMHO

Left is what we should get! Right is what we will probably get

Sheffield, Home W L

Dewsbury, Away BP BP

Featherstone, Home BP L

York City, Away W W

Leigh, Home BP L

Hunslet, Home W BP/W

Doncaster, Away W BP

Halifax, Home BP L

Batley, Away L L

Workington, Home W BP

Swinton, Away W W

Keighley, Home W W

Left is what we should get! Right is what we will probably get

Sheffield, Home W L

Dewsbury, Away BP BP

Featherstone, Home BP L

York City, Away W W

Leigh, Home BP L

Hunslet, Home W BP/W

Doncaster, Away W BP

Halifax, Home BP L

Batley, Away L L

Workington, Home W BP

Swinton, Away W W

Keighley, Home W W

Ooh How rude... "Should get" a win away at swinton & York ? "Probably get" win away at swinton & York ? On what basis is that...from what I can see you have yet to win away. How assuming, it could even be classified as arrogance. Feel free to keep on underestimating teams at your peril.

Would be much simpler to assume you can win your home games and get BPs away to the bottom 9 and BPs at home to the top 5. That will also get you your cherished 18 points. Will it be enough.... Time will tell.

Ooh How rude... "Should get" a win away at swinton & York ? "Probably get" win away at swinton & York ? On what basis is that...from what I can see you have yet to win away. How assuming, it could even be classified as arrogance. Feel free to keep on underestimating teams at your peril.

Would be much simpler to assume you can win your home games and get BPs away to the bottom 9 and BPs at home to the top 5. That will also get you your cherished 18 points. Will it be enough.... Time will tell.

I'm guessing your a York or Swinton fan!

I'm guessing your a York or Swinton fan!

clue is in the name Raiders96

Littlelionman has got a point, we cant say how well we will do against swinton, who knows how many Warrington 1st teamers they will throw in their team that week. Ah well, at least their playing at their own ground.......

Littlelionman has got a point, we cant say how well we will do against swinton, who knows how many Warrington 1st teamers they will throw in their team that week. Ah well, at least their playing at their own ground.......

=)

i think DR will get used more as the season goes on as dropping out of this league is unthinkable looking at some of the teams competing in C1 who you would be up against and clubs will do what is required to ensure they stay up. again i'll say i can't understand why the raiders never went DR just to help establish you in this league

But has it not been said that in 2015 everything will change again and CH1 and bottom half of CH will be in the same league anyway. If this is so after next season it doesn't really matter. RFL say it hasn't been decided yet but I reckon it's a 'fait accompli'

i think DR will get used more as the season goes on as dropping out of this league is unthinkable looking at some of the teams competing in C1 who you would be up against and clubs will do what is required to ensure they stay up. again i'll say i can't understand why the raiders never went DR just to help establish you in this league

To be fair the argument about DR will go on for as long as it is around, i agree with DR, the way it was described when it was first brought in, to help the young future super league players get competitive game time, not for players like lee briers and adrian morley when their a bit unfit. If it wasnt for dual reg i doubt barrow would have ever signed Brad Brennan who i think has been one of our better players since signing him. 

I also heard that we had spoken to Wigan about a possible link-up, and we were told that they would send us 3 players every week, to play, then the following week go back and train with wigan, that doesnt help anybody in the long run. i'd rather see the same team every week, okay were struggling now, but look at the likes of featherstone, shefiield, batley. Teams take time to build!

Back on topic, i think we will just about do enough to stay up this year, the home games will be the difference, we need to make Craven Park the fortress it was a couple of years ago!

To be fair the argument about DR will go on for as long as it is around, i agree with DR, the way it was described when it was first brought in, to help the young future super league players get competitive game time, not for players like lee briers and adrian morley when their a bit unfit. If it wasnt for dual reg i doubt barrow would have ever signed Brad Brennan who i think has been one of our better players since signing him.

I also heard that we had spoken to Wigan about a possible link-up, and we were told that they would send us 3 players every week, to play, then the following week go back and train with wigan, that doesnt help anybody in the long run. i'd rather see the same team every week, okay were struggling now, but look at the likes of featherstone, shefiield, batley. Teams take time to build!

Back on topic, i think we will just about do enough to stay up this year, the home games will be the difference, we need to make Craven Park the fortress it was a couple of years ago!

fair point. i hope you stay up

i think most town fans want you to stay up, and us beating swinton and keighley at home will holefully help you guys out. the problem with barrow and probably swinton is they go so long between wins, town had a run of 6 unbeaten (some were cup games) but putting a little run like that together just eases fears a little. hopefully holty can turn it around but your away form seriosly has to improve.

But has it not been said that in 2015 everything will change again and CH1 and bottom half of CH will be in the same league anyway. If this is so after next season it doesn't really matter. RFL say it hasn't been decided yet but I reckon it's a 'fait accompli'

From what I hear Michael it is a "fait accompli" that we will be going to a system of 12 team SL1 and 12 team Championship (SL2) plus Championship 1, from the start of the 2015 season.

Halfway through the 2015 season, ie: after 11 games in each of the top two leagues, the top 8 in SL1 will carry on and play each other home and away for the SL Champions.    The bottom 4 SL1 teams after 11 games will join with the top 4 Championship (SL2) clubs to form another 8 team league and they will play each other home and away.     At the end of these matches the top 4 clubs will join the 8 SL1 teams to form the following seasons 12 team SL1.

In order to get to this system 2 teams will have to be "relegated" from the SL in to the Championship (SL2) or it could even be 3 teams "relegated" IF the RFL take Toulouse in to SL1.      This will have the knock-on effect of either 4 or 5 teams being "relegated" from the Championship (SL2) in to Championship 1 at the end of the 2014 season.

The unfairness of the system will show when the SL teams that are relegated have a large parachute payment and therefore start on a better financial footing than the current Championship teams.   Then at the halfway stage the four SL1 teams at the bottom of their league will join forces with the top 4 of our league but with a large difference in both funding and salary cap.    The 4 SL teams will have squads of players up to a salary cap of £1.6 million. whereas the 4 Championship clubs will be working on a salary cap of around £300k- £400k.   The SL clubs will have received £1.2 million from Sky money whilst the Championship clubs will have received £180k from central funding.

It will be very difficult for any Championship team to get in to the top 4 of their 8 team league as they will in effect be competing with 6 SL clubs, ie: the 2 (or maybe 3) that are relegated with several hundred thousands parachute payment plus the bottom 4 in SL1.

once again the RFL looking after the chosen few Keith :rtfm:

once again the RFL looking after the chosen few Keith :rtfm:

Yes, but the problem is that they just have to wave a few more quid in front of the Championship teams and they all vote for it.   Sad really.

Yes, but the problem is that they just have to wave a few more quid in front of the Championship teams and they all vote for it.   Sad really.

We all ask the rfl to consult on these issues but when it comes to decision making then it has to be them alone that make the decision. They should be the only interested party without any bias.

I read today that Leigh chairman Freer is saying that divisions of 8 would be "a recipe for disaster" and that he suggests 2 super leagues of 10 and a championship below. He suggests £520k each for the league 2 clubs (ie Leigh) and £1.35m to be shared by18 to 20 championship clubs....cheers mate.

Really! And could this just be that Leigh are presently 17th in the present league structure and would still be out of superleague?

We may not like the answer but surely only the rfl can decide.

We all ask the rfl to consult on these issues but when it comes to decision making then it has to be them alone that make the decision. They should be the only interested party without any bias.

I read today that Leigh chairman Freer is saying that divisions of 8 would be "a recipe for disaster" and that he suggests 2 super leagues of 10 and a championship below. He suggests £520k each for the league 2 clubs (ie Leigh) and £1.35m to be shared by18 to 20 championship clubs....cheers mate.

Really! And could this just be that Leigh are presently 17th in the present league structure and would still be out of superleague?

We may not like the answer but surely only the rfl can decide.

The problem is that the RFL are the club Chairmen of both SL and Championship clubs.    SL clubs want this new system and all they need to do is offer the Championship clubs another £50k or so and it will sail through.