Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Rams turnstile?

87 posts in this topic

Desperate times calls for desperate measures

crowds falling

too much winning and bonus payments

KN with nowt else left to sell

id call that desperate ;)

It would be intresting to see the "OFFICIAL FIGURE"  using ths turnstile.

Are Dewsbury planning to do something when we play them next?

Yes we are planning to give you two or three of our players at the end of the season like we do every year,what more do you want? :tongue:

I understand what you are saying but the fact remains Dewsbury fans will be paying less to our club. I do not agree with it and i feel it is more likely to make our supporters angry that we are in a way bribing away support to come to support their own team just a couple miles from sham stadia. One other point is who can say that all fans passing through the designated turnstile will be Dewsbury supporters. As i have said maybe i am being cynical and i do support initiatives to increase the gates but home supporters paying more than away fans" NO" :angry: . Dewsbury fans have been staying away from the mount for whatever reasons in the last few years why reward them for doing so ??.  

Just to make a point, I'm one of the few Dewsbury fans who come up to the mount (of the very few that come up to the mount) and actually spends money in the ground, when Dewsbury aren't playing (I follow the lads home and away, so say you go further than us in the CC or NRC and draw a team at home) I'm there watching you lot 9 times out of 10, and again I spend money in the ground. I totally understand where you're coming from and I don't think you're being cynical because you're correct in a way. Just to make a point I think it isn't a reduced rate, just £1/£2 of the gate money for when us Dewsbury lot pay it goes back to our club.

Tight wads

Youve had the last 2 derby games at ours for free

Not me Coolie i paid in full. ;)

Tight wads

Tight wads

You do spout some nonsense on here Coolie, though I would fight for your right to do so, I disagree with what you say.

1st, read the posts, then stop tarring us all with the same brush.

Some of us are fully in support of this initiative.

2nd, I have never got into your ground for free, and never intend to. Don't label all of us as tight wads!!!

3. You are the tight wad here after stating you do not want to contribute anything to our club. The lower league clubs would be in a state if we all thought like that!!! I would have thought that your supporters would be more aware as any supporters after your financial problems with sponsers this season!

All we can do is try it. If it works and attracts more supporters then great. If not we learn from the experience.

I understand what you are saying but the fact remains Dewsbury fans will be paying less to our club. I do not agree with it and i feel it is more likely to make our supporters angry that we are in a way bribing away support to come to support their own team just a couple miles from sham stadia. One other point is who can say that all fans passing through the designated turnstile will be Dewsbury supporters. As i have said maybe i am being cynical and i do support initiatives to increase the gates but home supporters paying more than away fans" NO" :angry: . Dewsbury fans have been staying away from the mount for whatever reasons in the last few years why reward them for doing so ??.  

I think you're misunderstanding the offer Greavesey. The fans going through the designated turnstile will be paying the same as they will at any other turnstile - it's just that an amount of their entry fee will be diverted to the Dewsbury club. Home fans and away fans will be paying exactly the same.

I don't know why Rams fans don't like going to the Mount as you claim but possibly there are other reasons besides their animosity or indifference as you claim but, as I say, i don't know.

I shall be there, as usual.

I think you're misunderstanding the offer Greavesey. The fans going through the designated turnstile will be paying the same as they will at any other turnstile - it's just that an amount of their entry fee will be diverted to the Dewsbury club. Home fans and away fans will be paying exactly the same.

I don't know why Rams fans don't like going to the Mount as you claim but possibly there are other reasons besides their animosity or indifference as you claim but, as I say, i don't know.

I shall be there, as usual.

Parking could be one of the reasons - not the best of experiences up at the kennel. Be getting a joe baxi myself, but not everybody can afford it these days.

I've never had any trouble getting a parking spot?

Me either

just pull up in my van

with "coolies famous pork pies & scratchings"

and i can park where i like around the streets

of mount pleasant.

;)

I've never had any trouble getting a parking spot?

I didn't have trouble parking.There were issues with my car - it could have happened on any street in any town - they were nothing to do with rugby or the club.

But just to be safe I'll be going by taxi. 

I didn't have trouble parking.There were issues with my car - it could have happened on any street in any town - they were nothing to do with rugby or the club.

But just to be safe I'll be going by taxi. 

Parking a Bentley around Mount Pleasant was always asking for trouble GOR - you should have asked your chauffeur to call back later.

:beach:

Just an suggestion y not do a joint lottery scheme surley its a win win share the costs and share the profit . Bigger prizes more intrest less costs helps both clubs in these hard times it as to be common sence to give it a go . Also bissa and amber ribbon to try and do a joint venture which would create intrest rather than pairing up with a super league club who only cares whats best for them . To me its nothing to lose but everything to gain .

toffee as much as people will rubbish your idea

i think you have a good point

surely capturing all the heavey wollen area and having one lottery for both teams would be a better idea than us been with halifax & before that bradford.

im sure amber ribbon & bissa have co-op stuff worked out for the future events wise,but this idea deserves a chance to breathe.

well like it or not

it will all be together one day...so ya better start getting used to the idea. ;)

The lottery link up with Huddersfield didnt work, and there were a lot more members.

If BISSA began joint fundraising with a Dewsbury equivalent, my contribution would stop. Similarly if Batley and Dewsbury begin a series of shared activities, I may also question my attendance as id be unsure who my money was going to.

Im a Batley fan through and through and have been for the last 25 years and want my money to go to my club at home games, and controversial as it sounds to the Batley fans on here who sit on the fence when it comes to the rivalry between the 2 clubs, I couldnt give a flying feck about Dewsbury.

Its dog eat dog in the world at the minute, and with customers and money at a premium anyway, giving away money to a competitor is crackers.

The lottery link up with Huddersfield didnt work, and there were a lot more members.

If BISSA began joint fundraising with a Dewsbury equivalent, my contribution would stop. Similarly if Batley and Dewsbury begin a series of shared activities, I may also question my attendance as id be unsure who my money was going to.

Im a Batley fan through and through and have been for the last 25 years and want my money to go to my club at home games, and controversial as it sounds to the Batley fans on here who sit on the fence when it comes to the rivalry between the 2 clubs, I couldnt give a flying feck about Dewsbury.

Its dog eat dog in the world at the minute, and with customers and money at a premium anyway, giving away money to a competitor is crackers.

Do you give a FF for anyone else in the league BTJ or is it just the Rams?

Does he have to?

I dont think people realise how much work goes into running a lottery.  Batley join in with Huddersfield as they have full time staff and can administer it.  As organised, hardworking BISSA, its a group of volunteers who predominantly have full time jobs etc.  BISSA are there to raise funds for players through their own means of fundraising, not taking on full time roles. 

As far as I can see the club has quite a lot of things going through the various facets such as the Golf day on Monday,  BISSA Dinner 7th June 2013, the Supporters Club evening at Batley Nash at the end of June , I know the club have a dinner with Ian Millward coming up soon (dont know date sorry) and then a further one with Steve MacNamara in September, there is also the Supporters Club Wembley trip for the Challenge Cup in August and the trip to the World Cup Semi-Final Double header in November.  There will also be the Player of the year awards to fit in and hopefull a Northern Rail winners celebration at some point.

On a weekly basis there is the supporters club shop, the supporters bus to away games, Bissa have their stall for DVD's etc, Spread & Save, Spend & Raise etc added to that the recently finished Derby draw.

So with limited full time staff at the club and a hardy band of volunteers there is plenty going on to occupy everyone and support of these events is vital to ensure there is enough in the coffers to maintain a decent team on the field with a bit of luck will have some success this year.

I love rugby league and the games as a whole.

As for giving an FF about other clubs? No i dont. I follow Batley home and away, i contribute to other clubs by way of gate money and bar money as most fans do, but have no interest in and couldnt care less about what else they do. Im a Batley fan and i care about Batley first and foremost.

This is not to be confused with liking other clubs, as Doc M points out, our group of fans have met some great people and had some great times at clubs up and down the land over the years.

Apart from at Dewsbury.

Its never nice at Dewsbury.

As i said

self self self

they wont be happy until their in a league

all of their own..

next weekends fixtures are as follows

super league

leeds vs wigan

warrington vs saints

championship

batley vs featherstone

week afters fixtures

super league

leeds vs wigan

saints vs warrington

championship

featherstone vs batley

that should cover whole of rugby league for the selfish egomaniacs.

i keep forgetting batleys 1000 plus followers.

Why is it no one can see the bigger picture both team are never going into superleague its same every season struggle to keep our best players. And at the same time try to survive with dwindling crowds. Time to try and help each other in these diffacult times before we end up with one or both of us out like batafax with the buckets . Why cant we help each other and prosper togeather maybe try put academy team togeather or arrange a mini tournament in the off season to attract intrest and income we both could do with a third or maybe a fourth team with a knockout format during jan when nobody else in playing anyone else ave any better ways of generating income .

As i said

self self self

they wont be happy until their in a league

all of their own..

next weekends fixtures are as follows

super league

leeds vs wigan

warrington vs saints

championship

batley vs featherstone

week afters fixtures

super league

leeds vs wigan

saints vs warrington

championship

featherstone vs batley

that should cover whole of rugby league for the selfish egomaniacs.

i keep forgetting batleys 1000 plus followers.

I don't agree with him Coolie but find all this ironic coming from someone who will not be going to tomorrows match as you do not want to contribute anything to Batley's coffers!!!!

To be totally honest

i cant afford it

theres 6 of us

2 adults 4 kids

£40 plus food & drink

for a couple of hours

i buy a season ticket that enables me to

guarantee that i can have my rugby all season

without having to miss a home game cos ive no brass.

if i have some spare ill visit an away ground.

a lot of championship rugby fans are more and more struggling to cope with the increases.

bottom line is tomorrows non attendence is more cost rather than supporting local rugby.

i helped out 4 batley fans with free tickets for our home fixture with promise they would sort us out with free tickets for tomorrow.

rule one in life

dont promise what your a#se cant deliver.

it was 4 batley fans who couldnt afford to go to the game so im not alone with cost.