Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Rams turnstile?

87 posts in this topic

I have to disagree. Featherstone a few years ago had similar attendances to us but now with how they are marketing themselves they comfortably get over 2000.

In our area we have a ###### poor attitude and no wonder fans don't turn up. If the days of us getting over 2000 at our games is long gone (which as feathestone have proved is not the case) then we should be happy with th 1k+ attendance and not try to do anything more about it.

In my opinion if we marketed our club better we should aim to get over 1000 season tickets. I am not saying it would be easy but it is possible. A start would be having an easier way of buying tickets online. Advertise on Facebook and even in schools. I have said it before but a write up in the Batley news is not enough to attract support.

I have to disagree. Featherstone a few years ago had similar attendances to us but now with how they are marketing themselves they comfortably get over 2000.

In our area we have a ###### poor attitude and no wonder fans don't turn up. If the days of us getting over 2000 at our games is long gone (which as feathestone have proved is not the case) then we should be happy with th 1k+ attendance and not try to do anything more about it.

In my opinion if we marketed our club better we should aim to get over 1000 season tickets. I am not saying it would be easy but it is possible. A start would be having an easier way of buying tickets online. Advertise on Facebook and even in schools. I have said it before but a write up in the Batley news is not enough to attract support.

Henry Ford said:

"If you always do what you've always done, you will get what you've always got."

Innovation is required rather than knee-jerks. Much of this needs to come from the RFL admittedly, but clubs also need to help themselves. naturally, this doesn't simply apply to Batley but all other KPC clubs, including my own.

I think those days are long gone. Hopefully any changes in structure might revitalise the opportunities for clubs like Batley and Dewsbury.

2000+ at xmas 1000+ in summer

2000+ at xmas 1000+ in summer

Your point being?

The sport is now summer rugby. Tell me the last time Batley got 2000 at home for a league/cup game in the summer era?

Your point being?

The sport is now summer rugby. Tell me the last time Batley got 2000 at home for a league/cup game in the summer era?

I think the point he was making is that crowds have diminished owing to summer rugby. Whereas 2000 would attend in winter 1000 of those don't bother in the summer.

It definitely needs a major get together of all the Championship clubs to come up with a concerted effort to attract (and retain) spectators across the board. It is no good each club going at it piecemeal with "off the cuff" ideas thought out a few days before they take place. It needs some long term vision.

I must admit the idea of all clubs allowing a season ticket holder from another club in for £5 has some merit. As Coolie says if they won't come in for a fiver they certainly won't for fifteen quid. The downside presumably would be that clubs would say when Fev or Fax (for example) visit and bring 800 fans, we lose £8000 by letting them in for a fiver.

BSJ, at your home game against Swinton, did you see or receive a flyer advertising the ''turnstile offer''?. Batley produced 500 x A5 flyers advertising the Derby game , gave them to the Dews BOD to be handed out , for the people, as you say, who don't go on the forum.I am interested to know if ANYONE received one??.

BSJ, at your home game against Swinton, did you see or receive a flyer advertising the ''turnstile offer''?. Batley produced 500 x A5 flyers advertising the Derby game , gave them to the Dews BOD to be handed out , for the people, as you say, who don't go on the forum.I am interested to know if ANYONE received one??.

They were certainly all over the royal suite. Problem is that it was a poor crowd and I'm not sure how many would have attended the bar post match.

Another thought colin - should the offer be repeated, it might be an idea to drop them off in the turnstiles.

The flyers were also included in the Swinton programme.

Another thought colin - should the offer be repeated, it might be an idea to drop them off in the turnstiles.

They were given to your BOD so would have thought the turnstiles would have been covered. As I mentioned there were 500 so plenty to go around.

Whatever our thoughts on the Dewsbury support, the main point here is about our home support. It's not good enough to sustain the current level of success, which is unbelievable when you think of the state the team was in less than five years ago. We now have an expectation(and by we I include me) that we will finish comfortably in the top f and hammer teams below us in the league.

The point about the Boxing Day derby gate is that it is an occasion, after a break and has a real festive atmosphere about it. We need to try and create this atmosphere (not especially festive, but unique) at every game. I am not sure what the answer is, but I do know for sure that it is to do more, and not less.

I think a return of 40% on any marketing initiative is a great success.