Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Keighley Match

219 posts in this topic

Don,t think i would take in what TOWN FAN10 as to say, I just have a feeling it should be JAM FAN10??

i'm with you on that one abu.

why are all the players having a bet?

eh????

why are all the players having a bet?

Oh look, the Parton idiot is back with yet another username.

Oh look, the Parton idiot is back with yet another username.

reported and removed.

Don,t think i would take in what TOWN FAN10 as to say, I just have a feeling it should be JAM FAN10??

Abu,

Look at his previous posts, he definitely is JAM FAN10!!! Not very often we agree but we do on this one lol

just because adam isnt playing dosent mean we wont have any dr. if mcgraff is available hes the one who i would suspect the coaches would select out the 2 as he had a fair bit more impact. so if weve lost coward,hulme,mossop and lawton out of the side from sunday and kayle, morris and cotter are in then i dont see where we can possibly make the numbers up, if jp is available and playing surely he'll go to centre with connor and morris as a 2nd row replacement.

In one of Lawton's tweets to keiran he said that he didn't think anyone was coming up to Workington!!!!    I can't help thinking that we seem to be heading to another end of season with a lack of players situation or playing players that are not 100% fit to make up numbers.    

Interesting aside about Magraff Leuluai on the Widnes site today.

"Widnes forward Macgraff Leuluai has revealed he will seek to represent Samoa at Rugby League World Cup 2013, despite coming from a family which includes two former Kiwi internationals."

I would respectfully suggest, to ensure that selection, he needs to have as much game time as possible.......hint.....hint!

Latest N & S story confirms Connor & Morris are back for the Thursday night match and that Phillips is targeting the Leigh match. No other information regarding the squad formation for Keighley. Also a nice article about Adam Walne promoting the benefits of being at Town.

so that would make my suspected side

carter

miller

connor

patrick

calders

callum

lupton

dowes

matty

shacks

stack

walne

olstrum

subs

cotter

forber

thacks

morris.

Think we need a back up hooker on the bench hookers can't do 80 minutes even lads as super fit as Callum and Matty think that's cost us a few games this season

I thought it was said earlier on this thread that Patrick wasn't fit?

Think you can also count John Patrick out.

Correct Keith. However, if any other injured player was now available, I am sure the N & S article would have mentioned it. Thus, with no-one else available, and no mention of any loaned player coming into the squad, the only answer to the seventeenth man question, is that Patrick must now be available. Or is this another comeback time for Gus!

As expected, Keighley have almost made a signing in time for him to play tomorrow.

"The Cougars are pleased to announce that we expect to complete the signing of strike centre Elliott Cosgrove from Dewsbury Rams tonight in time for our game against Workington tomorrow. Elliott featured for the Cougars earlier in the season whilst on loan from Dewsbury Rams and contributed to our 4 game winning streak."

If Danny Craven is now in the team, the formation possibilities look very interesting. Although, still leaves us light in the Forward department.

In one of Lawton's tweets to keiran he said that he didn't think anyone was coming up to Workington!!!!    I can't help thinking that we seem to be heading to another end of season with a lack of players situation or playing players that are not 100% fit to make up numbers.    

We are playing away so I wonder if he meant no one was travelling up to travel back to Keighley? Doesnt mean we wont have anyone playing for us.

Possible formation?

1 Brett Carter

2 Elliot Miller

24 Kayle Connor

Danny Craven

5 Mark Calderwood

13 Peter Lupton

21 Callum Phillips

8 Ewan Dowes

9 Graeme Mattinson

17 Marc Shackley

22 Jordan Walne

12 Jarrad Stack

16 Karl Olstrum

10 Jamie Thackray

19 James Robinson

4 Andy Morris

7 Carl Forber

Possible formation?

1 Brett Carter

2 Elliot Miller

24 Kayle Connor

Danny Craven

5 Mark Calderwood

13 Peter Lupton

21 Callum Phillips

8 Ewan Dowes

9 Graeme Mattinson

17 Marc Shackley

22 Jordan Walne

12 Jarrad Stack

16 Karl Olstrum

10 Jamie Thackray

19 James Robinson

4 Andy Morris

7 Carl Forber

Craven's a half back so I'd expect either Morris or Patrick (if fit) play centre with Craven playing 7 and Callum on the bench to spell Matty off at hooker. 

Craven confirmed he is travelling to Keighley on his own to play for Town. He is 21 and a product of the Widnes Academy. He is an able kicker.

Craven's a half back so I'd expect either Morris or Patrick (if fit) play centre with Craven playing 7 and Callum on the bench to spell Matty off at hooker. 

Makes sense your formation although he is more of a stand off than a scrum half. A bit dangerous changing the half back partnership yet again though.

I think Calderwood becomes a member of the exclusive 300 appearances club when he turns out for Town tomorrow. Many congratulations!

With MATTY and CALLUM been our most creative players i would like to see both on that pitch together as mutch as possible,

if morris plays centre it will probably mean we have callum,thacks,cotter and olstrum on the bench. presuming they start with craven and forber with lupton at loose. the bench looks extremely small and the like of shacks and thacks will probably have to do long spells. its baffled me why weve gone for a half back instead of a forward, and im assuming craven has never trained with the lads?

It will be interesting to see what type of team Keighley put out against us, they have quite a number of options. Obviously Elliot Cosgrove will be in the team, he was on loan to Keighley earlier in the season and really impressed the fans. Young Ben Stead made a super debut for the first team against Leigh despite the defeat but perhaps he needs to miss this match after only four days rest. The fans also rate two other newcomers, Joe Parkinson and James Haley. Whatever the formation, this match is extremely important for both teams and I am sure will be great television entertainment ( if not necessarily for the fans of both sides) for the neutral viewers.

Overall, I hope it is yet another great advert for the Championship League, but my main wish is simply another win for Town.

if morris plays centre it will probably mean we have callum,thacks,cotter and olstrum on the bench. presuming they start with craven and forber with lupton at loose. the bench looks extremely small and the like of shacks and thacks will probably have to do long spells. its baffled me why weve gone for a half back instead of a forward, and im assuming craven has never trained with the lads?

Just a point of clarify - Adam Lawton was initially made available by Widnes for Thursdays match at Keighley and was all set to be included in the Town squad.

However, Widnes then called him back late yesterday, in to their squad due to their own injuries.....

Danny Craven is included in Thursdays squad.

Thanks for the clarification Casablanca, everything now makes more sense. Without the option of having Coward, Mossop and Lawton in the team, we still have a squad that under the excellent guidance of our coaches will ensure a win against Keighley tomorrow night. Good skill to the Town!

My team CARTER MILLER CONNER MORRIS CALDERWOOD LUPTON PHILLIPS DOWES MATTY SHACKLEY STACK WALNE OLSTRUM CRAVEN ROBINSON THACKARY seem to be stuck for one more HELP.