Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Batley Bulldogs v Dewsbury Rams - discuss the match here

55 posts in this topic

Think this one will be a game too far for us,the top five are in a different league in our league.Best we can hope for would be a bonus point,but can't see us getting one.I will go for Batley 30 - Rams 12,att 1405.

going off the posts we will be without Wright and possibly Brown, we are going to struggle, we need a strong defence and 80 minutes effort from ALL

Oops sorry I thought the title said discus Dewsbury's defeat here......... be back on Sunday teatime to let the majority of Rams fans who won't leave town what a good game they missed ;)

Oops sorry I thought the title said discus Dewsbury's defeat here......... be back on Sunday teatime to let the majority of Rams fans who won't leave town what a good game they missed ;)

I don't share your optimism piggy - it will be a ###### game, they always are. Hopefully I will be there (hangover allowing) and I will be using a Batley turnstile for two reasons. a) I hate the thought of Buford losing two quid to the Rams and B) It'll be less congested. Dogs to win at a canter as I can't see us reproducing the fax form twice in a season. I'll make sure you know about it if I'm wrong though. ;)

No, wait till you are sober before posting PM, then we will struggle a little less to understand your slather.

:hunter:

Think it depends on which Rams team turns up, the side that bet Fax will be a big challenge, the other Rams side will struggle.

going off the posts we will be without Wright and possibly Brown, we are going to struggle, we need a strong defence and 80 minutes effort from ALL

We hadnt a prayer anyway, but if Brown and Wright are missing i suggest we might be better off watching TV come Sunday afternoon.

Weve had years of practice

Start of each season our balloons are pumped full of hot air...for the said balloons to pop in their usual fashion...same s% ,different season.

its no surprise folk are disillusioned with it all.

;)

just heard Wright could be out for 12 months, Brown still carrying knee injury but may be on the bench, hope he isn't and gets some rest need him fit.

Whats happening with Jy-mel is he injured or fell out with someone.

Can anybody let me know how the injured players are doing and when they are expected back.

Sorry to loose Elliot he was playing well and getting settled, anybody else leaving the club?

We should all make the effort to get to this famouse old rugby ground.It may only be a matter of time before their up at ours,full time.

Loss of Wright is a major blow, like Cosgrove added a lot of energy and enthusiasm and his return coincided with a pickup on the teams fortunes. A massive loss.

That's really bad luck for Wright if he is truly out for so long - what is the problem?

That's really bad luck for Wright if he is truly out for so long - what is the problem?

Says in the paper Wright has torn a bicep completely of the bone,hope he comes back ok after that,Pryce still has a back problem,might be out on Sunday,but Craven could be back in.Austin and Spicer still out long term.

Says in the paper Wright has torn a bicep completely of the bone,hope he comes back ok after that,Pryce still has a back problem,might be out on Sunday,but Craven could be back in.Austin and Spicer still out long term.

Josh Tonks aswell

Both O'brien and Platt back in the Bulls sqard on Sunday,i did notice that Matt Diskin wasn't in the sqard too,surely he won't be playing somewhere closer to home in a big derby game?

Loss of Wright is a major blow, like Cosgrove added a lot of energy and enthusiasm and his return coincided with a pickup on the teams fortunes. A massive loss.

Massive blow. Not sure who will do his tackling....

Hope Pryce plays!!

Nice to know weve got such an optimistic set of supportes.

Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism Equaliser, just realism. We haven't the team (or enough players of a certain quality) good enough to compete with the top five. Therefore I cannot see a victory for us in this fixture and I will go for:

Batley 36 - 12 Dewsbury

Att: 1124

I know it's often seen to be a dark and gloomy town, Batley,but why does the club with that name persist with the 2 o'clock kick off, when we have the long daylight hours and even Barrow have reverted to starting at the normal three p.m.?

Batley is a bright and vibrant lil place and its people like to be up and about their business so 2pm suits us very well. I appreciate most people in Dewsbury dont get out of bed till 4pm but really CF make an effort. Just pretend its Giro day ;)

What will it be today for us rams fans,a day of gardening or give some money to the doggies.... :sclerosis:

God knows what batley will do once they get into super league.

when it comes to friday night games

sky offical "batley your playing leeds rhinos at home friday"

batley offical "sorry we cant?"

sky offical "why not are your floodlights c.rap and your too tight to put 50p in the meter?"

batley offical "no...all our fans will be at prayers " ;)

That wouldn't be a bad thing Coolie.  One of the great things about Rugby League is that it was a none racist sport.  It attracted Welshmen who could not get into first class RU in Wales because of their colour, and some became heroes within the communitiy.  It was the first major sport to have a black captain.  Clive Sullivan even had a road named after him.  In the Heavy Woolen District it helped to unite the indigenous population with the Irish immigrants and other migrant workers from the Midlands and Wales.  At the moment we have very few local Muslim fans; but wouldn't it be great to see more of them at the Mount or Owl Lane?  That's if narrow minded bigots didn't frighten them away, of course.

God knows what batley will do once they get into super league.

when it comes to friday night games

sky offical "batley your playing leeds rhinos at home friday"
batley offical "sorry we cant?"
sky offical "why not are your floodlights c.rap and your too tight to put 50p in the meter?"

batley offical "no...all our fans will be at prayers " ;)

Like to see us win but no idea which team will turn up. I'll go for a 2 point win, but I would settle for a BP. Kick off to be delayed due to queues at Rams turnstile. :)

BiLL

a aweful lot of batleys ''local supporters for the future''

have no interest in rugby league & never will have

just because you from the M62 corridor does not automaticly make you a rugby league fan

they are more intersted in cricket,cornershops,curry houses,laundery money & dealing

drugs to the trailer trash local thugs.

where on earth your going suddenly wake up the local asian community to the pleasures

of rugby league,the sport we grew up with.

listen does this mean owt to ya my friend

platting fog..try it

the local folk of batley have when intergrating with western culture

and strangley enough...they couldnt platt it either ;)