Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Batley Bulldogs v Dewsbury Rams - discuss the match here

55 posts in this topic

BiLL

a aweful lot of batleys ''local supporters for the future''

have no interest in rugby league & never will have

just because you from the M62 corridor does not automaticly make you a rugby league fan

they are more intersted in cricket,cornershops,curry houses,laundery money & dealing

drugs to the trailer trash local thugs.

where on earth your going suddenly wake up the local asian community to the pleasures

of rugby league,the sport we grew up with.

listen does this mean owt to ya my friend

platting fog..try it

the local folk of batley have when intergrating with western culture

and strangley enough...they couldnt platt it either ;)

...But lets just hope those that are interested don't read your ridiculous statement and think all fans of rugby league are bigoted, racist individuals who have been failed by the education system and society.

Well why dont you come educate me to your standards at the next home game.

society failed me hahaha

it failed us all

dont forget next home game south stand halfway up on the halfway line.

dont forget im thick...so talk really slow wont you.

;)

COOLIE,

You and others like to have a dig about the ethnic population around Mount Pleasant in particular,and Batley in general.

I haven't lived in Batley for nearly 30 years but I remember while working in Dewsbury in the seventies that our coloured bretheren were doing a pretty good job of taking over Savile Town.

People in glass houses etc.

Wow, Asian people live in Batley and Dewsbury. Is this news to anyone? Or just vaguely racist pointless posts? Thought this topic was about rugby?

Does anyone actually have any opinion on the game today!

A bonus point has to be a plus for us.

Very happy with a point,finally seeing the team been competitive against the top five teams is all i ask for,looking forward to next Sunday already.

Yes a good bonus point and if we can get a win next week against Barrow, it will give us a bit of breathing space.

Competitive! You scored from an interception and a the refs generousity and you thought you were competitive :lol:

If the crook in the middle had not disallowed the five or six batley tries it would have been a thrashing which is why only 20 rams fans turned up!

I thought that both teams were poor but the least poor one won.

I was surprised to get a BP but also quite pleased with that outcome.

The weather was pleasant and the pitch looked lovely. I had a nice tea when I got home.

I thought that both teams were poor but the least poor one won.

I was surprised to get a BP but also quite pleased with that outcome.

The weather was pleasant and the pitch looked lovely. I had a nice tea when I got home.

+1 (apart from I wasn't pleased you got a BP!)

Competitive! You scored from an interception and a the refs generousity and you thought you were competitive :lol:

If the crook in the middle had not disallowed the five or six batley tries it would have been a thrashing which is why only 20 rams fans turned up!

If only that 1 batley fan with a chip on his shoulder and a ###### in his mouth hadnt turned up it would have been a pleasent day

.....................oh wait....PM turned up :download:

More than happy with a BP

and would have taken it before the kick off

heard it wasnt a classic...more a hobnob.

TBH, some Rams fans were jumping up and down like they'd just won the Championship when Schofield intercepted Rowe's very sloppy pass. Shows how far you've fallen I guess when your fans celebrate a loss so heartily.

TBH, some Rams fans were jumping up and down like they'd just won the Championship when Schofield intercepted Rowe's very sloppy pass. Shows how far you've fallen I guess when your fans celebrate a loss so heartily.

To be fair I think most of us expected less than that, hence our celebrations. As you say in your earlier post you weren't happy conceding the bonus point and this suggests you really shouldn't be conceding this to a team outside the top 5? Swings and roundabouts? We played better than I expected and think the dogs actually came down a bit to play poor, otherwise you would have made sure we were no where near the BP, missing the chance to take it from us at the death when we gave you the ball back on our line.

Very pleased we got an unexpected bonus point. I was most surprised at half time that we were only 6-0 down, given the amount of possession Batley had enjoyed. In fact It was only very poor tackling which allowed Johnson to score; when will the Dewsbury players learn to grab an opponents legs? Mind you a prop forward attempting to tackle a wingman should have brought him down, but we prefer to dance with our opponents!

Their tries in the second half were from horrifically bad positional play with nobody out wide; fair play to Batley for spotting this. I was pleased with Schofield's performance; he has waited a long time for his chance and read the interception well for his score. I thought Goulding should have been a little further out with his conversation attempt to reduce the angle, so was not surprised when he didn't convert.

We're allowed to celebrate tries, especially ones that secure us valuable league points!

Perhaps it's more a reflection of how far Batley have come that visiting sides are pleased to come away with a bonus point?

We have a young, inexperienced team and were missing five players who'd normally be automatic picks in our 17, so to come away with something was an unexpected bonus. Though I do think on balance we deserved it.

Thought Morton was excellent apart from his error in the second half, but he wasn't alone in making individual mistakes.

Decision making poor at times. Trying to kick for touch from a tap 20 in the first half was an unnecessary risk after we'd just defended back to back sets.

Watkinson's ill-fated flirtation with the touchline from the second half kick-off set us back, as did his high tackle immediately after Batley had gone 10-6 up. Silly errors in judgement, but they are young players and the composure will hopefully come.

Thought we were unlucky to have a try chalked off as there didn't appear to be a shove.

Goalline defence very good. Moved up quickly but as a line and forced them to resort to solo efforts for the most part.

Few shouts from the terraces that there was too much one up rugby from us, but I felt it was working and we were winning the forward battle.

Batley made too many yards from broken play. Greg Johnson looks an excellent player and with Potts and Campbell, they probably have one of - if not the - best back threes in the league.

They're also great at getting 'a roll on' from dummy half, and perhaps we could have been more wise to this after they did it to us last time.

Tebb and Schofield did very well when they came on. Good to know that we have those options with Wright out of action and question marks over O'Brien's availability.

Barrow next week is a big game! Up the Rams!

Tom

How dare you present a well balanced and even handed view of the game on this forum.

What Next?   PM acknowledging that the Rams deserved the BP...............................i dont think so :shout:

Tom

How dare you present a well balanced and even handed view of the game on this forum.

What Next? PM acknowledging that the Rams deserved the BP...............................i dont think so :shout:

BANG ON BIG BOY!

We're allowed to celebrate tries, especially ones that secure us valuable league points!

Perhaps it's more a reflection of how far Batley have come that visiting sides are pleased to come away with a bonus point?

We have a young, inexperienced team and were missing five players who'd normally be automatic picks in our 17, so to come away with something was an unexpected bonus. Though I do think on balance we deserved it.

Thought Morton was excellent apart from his error in the second half, but he wasn't alone in making individual mistakes.

Decision making poor at times. Trying to kick for touch from a tap 20 in the first half was an unnecessary risk after we'd just defended back to back sets.

Watkinson's ill-fated flirtation with the touchline from the second half kick-off set us back, as did his high tackle immediately after Batley had gone 10-6 up. Silly errors in judgement, but they are young players and the composure will hopefully come.

Thought we were unlucky to have a try chalked off as there didn't appear to be a shove.

Goalline defence very good. Moved up quickly but as a line and forced them to resort to solo efforts for the most part.

Few shouts from the terraces that there was too much one up rugby from us, but I felt it was working and we were winning the forward battle.

Batley made too many yards from broken play. Greg Johnson looks an excellent player and with Potts and Campbell, they probably have one of - if not the - best back threes in the league.

They're also great at getting 'a roll on' from dummy half, and perhaps we could have been more wise to this after they did it to us last time.

Tebb and Schofield did very well when they came on. Good to know that we have those options with Wright out of action and question marks over O'Brien's availability.

Barrow next week is a big game! Up the Rams!

Tom I had a clear view of it and Johnny Campbell was clearly pushed from behind and impeded.

Tom I had a clear view of it and Johnny Campbell was clearly pushed from behind and impeded.

Yes he was. Fair decision.

BANG ON BIG BOY!

Not so big anymore lol

What a ****.  If you were fighting for your place in the Champioship you would have been celebrating.  If you care to look the bottom of the table is tighter than BSJs wallet and a bonus point was pretty good news for us.  If it was worth you posting I reckon it must have grated a bit too, so I feel even better....

Got to agree with Nick D in principal.

With the amount of ball and territory we had, in the main thanks to the numerous Rams handling areas (the majority taking place in their own 30), we should have scored lots more points.

We lacked the invention to do it though sadly, bar the 5 minute spell where we scored 2 very decent tries.

As a result I can see why the Rams would be pleased with a BP. Long term, them being behind us at the moment in terms of on the field success probably does irk the fans and club alike, but you've got to look at in terms of the short term parameters. I think we would have been exactly the same pre 2010 when we struggled for a good 4-5 seasons, with the main objective being to stay in the division.