Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robin  Evans

rovers turn a profit!

15 posts in this topic

BOOM SHANKA!!!.

Some good numbers from the agm last night by all accounts! !! :happy:

BOOM SHANKA!!!.

Yep, things looked good, really positive AGM, a variety of questions asked and answered.

Even my suggestion on the Facebook page about incorporating a time capsule into the new stand is going to be done :-))))

BOOM SHANKA!!!.

At last !! :good:

So fax, sheff and now us turning a profit.

How many sl are currently showing a profit?

Richie, you're anally retentive above this stuff...

Any clues?

Any clues?

And Batley have over the last couple of seasons too. I believe Workington announced a profit very recently, but not sure how recently this was.

Any clues?

Can't get everyone's accounts, Robin. It'd cost a fortune. But you missed out Leigh there.

And Batley have over the last couple of seasons too. I believe Workington announced a profit very recently, but not sure how recently this was.

Workington have posted a small profit in 5 of the last 6 years, a great achievement at the level we've been at. The only year we didn't make a profit was the unexpected cost of an ex coach taking us to an employment tribunal. We don't make a fortune but we don't lose one either !

Can't get everyone's accounts, Robin. It'd cost a fortune. But you missed out Leigh there.

Don't think we will see a profit for a few years yet. Very supprised at Sheffield with the crowds that they get and the team they have on the field. Well donr Fev club keep the flag flying for the Championship..

We will show a profit due to the investment being cash TV Boy

"Investment" is not "profit", craiq.

If I start a new company with £1m, I haven't made £1m profit. I just have a company worth £1m instead of £1m in my bank account.

"Investment" is not "profit", craiq.

If I start a new company with £1m, I haven't made £1m profit. I just have a company worth £1m instead of £1m in my bank account.

And remember profit is not cash. If a debtor fails to pay (just one instance where things can go wrong) then your profit can disappear largely), I mill in cash is CASH. But always keep in mind what the guy wants for his investment.

Widnes made a massive "profit" when they applied for SL. You really have to see the accounts to truly see the situation. Not criticising anyone, but until you see how the profit was made it is really hard to make any judgement. It is sustainable profit which counts.

BOOM SHANKA!!!.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha *sharp intake of breath* ha ha ha ha ha ha

Widnes made a massive "profit" when they applied for SL. You really have to see the accounts to truly see the situation. Not criticising anyone, but until you see how the profit was made it is really hard to make any judgement. It is sustainable profit which counts.

Aye - a profit cooked is a company f.....

We have been down this road before. It is good to see a business making a profit but that profit is subject to analysis. It is historic and circumstances can change since they were compiled.  Is it a trading profit? Have the debtors paid up? Are any of the creditors putting on pressure? In a non sporting capacity is the stock saleable. Lots and lots of questions could be asked. For instance what does the balance sheet show. In the meantime let's be pleased it is not a loss.