Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazmeister

Whitehaven v Hunslet post match

62 posts in this topic

The thing is James with a team like this , we should'nt be relying on Grimmer and Hood all the time........

with a team like this do you mean whitehaven?

Think it was a high bomb into the corner. Maples caught it then subsequently dropped it as he saw Parker running at him.

That was a bit earlier, Pryce put the ball down for the try that took them in front on 76 mins

I think he means our team, particularly one including Moore & Achurch

Sorry , yes Hunslet

thought you lot where gonna win when you run in 3 tries in 5 mins in the 1st half missed the second un was at the bar in fact i think you got 3 tries in your first 3 attacks 

Reading Eatons comments, the guy is deluded. Apparently we have played 4 games in 2 weeks. Is this a made up excuse or have I somehow missed a Hunslet game?

We never get told the "coach of the week" either, and I see we've missed out on Josie Morino (something like that ) again.

Reading Eatons comments, the guy is deluded. Apparently we have played 4 games in 2 weeks. Is this a made up excuse or have I somehow missed a Hunslet game?

Workington A - 19th May

Batley H - 23rd May

Sheffield H - 29th May

Whitehaven A - 2nd June

4 games, 2 weeks

Workington A - 19th May

Batley H - 23rd May

Sheffield H - 29th May

Whitehaven A - 2nd June

4 games, 2 weeks

That's not 2 weeks that's 3 weeks. It's like saying Whitehaven played 2 games in one week because they played last Sunday and this Sunday.

That's not 2 weeks that's 3 weeks. It's like saying Whitehaven played 2 games in one week because they played last Sunday and this Sunday.

Well put it this way, it's 4 games in 14 days

Yes. 4 games in 2 weeks it is then

Brickwood showed up well? Did you fall asleep and forget the game?

Come to think of it, I might well have done ... did he do something outstandingly stupid whilst I was having 40 winks ??

Regarding the try that put Whitehaven ahead, it was a kick to opposite side to Mapals, someone dropped it (Welham?), Pryce grabbed for it and missed and knocked it into the path of the centre McAvoy who picked it up and ran the angle into the corner.

15 to be precise. It's a first merging 3 weekends into 2 weeks.

It was only the Whitehaven game that the team have been at a disadvantage. The other games we have either had the same days rest, for Batley game. Then we had a extra day than sheffield for that game with almost a full weeks rest, then Whitehaven have a had the advantage with only a 4 day turnaround for hunslet. But by Eatons logic we both have played 2 games in a week

His defensive positioning was all over the place and when he did get near Jessie Joe he insisted on going up top and losing the contact every time.

Saying that had Hood not gone off or that shocking forward pass call on Moore not been given then doubt he would have had to tackle Parker again in the Match.

15 to be precise. It's a first merging 3 weekends into 2 weeks.

It was only the Whitehaven game that the team have been at a disadvantage. The other games we have either had the same days rest, for Batley game. Then we had a extra day than sheffield for that game with almost a full weeks rest, then Whitehaven have a had the advantage with only a 4 day turnaround for hunslet. But by Eatons logic we both have played 2 games in a week

I think his point is that it's more than usual, and it's taken it's toll on the players, regardless of what the other sides have done, 4 games in 15 days is tough on the players, particularly those having played in each of them

how many tries have come from kicks against us this season mainly  from our wingers/centres droping the ball, i,ll bet 50%

Either way of looking at it, we have lost all our games while Sheffield have played the same amount and won all theirs.

Sheffield will also spend 2 or 3 times what we do on the salary cap. davey, henderson, brambani and walker probably cost nearly as much as our whole cap, that's before even thinking about QLT & misi.

Sheffield will also spend 2 or 3 times what we do on the salary cap. davey, henderson, brambani and walker probably cost nearly as much as our whole cap, that's before even thinking about QLT & misi.

Don't forget we have got full time pro's in Moore, Achurch & Keinhurst playing.

how many tries have come from kicks against us this season mainly  from our wingers/centres droping the ball, i,ll bet 50%

...contrasted with how many tries we score from our own kicks ... maybe 10% ??

To be pedantically accurate it's been four games in 14 days and around 95 minutes.

However, the next three games are a fortnight apart (or three games in 28 days and 95 minutes). Wonder what the excuse will be then??

Yes. 4 games in 2 weeks it is then

What if its a Leap year and where playing in the same moth :drag:

Don't forget we have got full time pro's in Moore, Achurch & Keinhurst playing.

none of whom are play makers. it was no coincidence that are attack when down hill when hood went off.

What if its a Leap year and where playing in the same moth :drag:

That bloody moth has come back again

how many dual reg did hunslet have out a lot of there team had numbers in the 20s and 30s we had the 1 this week jordan hand we played pretty poor this week and won

how many dual reg did hunslet have out a lot of there team had numbers in the 20s and 30s we had the 1 this week jordan hand we played pretty poor this week and won

We had 4, Watson, Hood, Achurch & Moore

Some Haven fan on the way out was kicking & screaming blue murder because we had 6 dual reg in, not sure how they worked that one out!