Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDuke

Myton v Skirlaugh

28 posts in this topic

Tuesday at 6.45 pm Myton take on Skirlaugh at Marist Sports Club

Any thoughts or predictions?

I do hear Myton are bringing Mark Spence into the side, it should be a good local derby game

Why did his dad give him his dummy he spat out not my words but his team mates but think it will be a close game but my money is on myton by 6

Mark is a top drawer player though and would walk into most conference sides

We just have to make sure we play like we did against dockers

Im not saying he is not i think he is a great player but he stormed out of a training session cos his old man had a go at him and they have bin struggling and he has not bin playing for them when they need him and dont nobody say he has done his hamstring

Agree mark is a class player but throwing his toys out his pram when the going gets tough is a big no no in rugby league. Looking forward to the game I got a few pals in skirlaugh side. Myton by 12.

Me and shadow may give this one a look tomorrow night. Staying on the east coast. Only been to one hull derby before many years ago. This may be to close to call, but I will go for the home side by 6pts.

I hear 3rd man in Jordan precious is playing as well as the cat man!!! 2 good players to have back.

A hard fought game between both sides, Skirlaugh tonight just had the edge and came away with 14 points

Best of Luck both sides for the rest of the year,

Myton will beat Ince on Saturday easily after watching both teams in the last week

Both teams will be lucky to stay up west hull will give them a good hiding Saturday very scrappy skirlaugh

Very poor game to watch, surprised at the selection of a few myton players in there positions, precious not a centre and number 4 should be in the pack, Mark spence needs to be playing

As a fan of rugby league i thought i knew the game but dont reckon i do not any more why did myton play the dunham brothers for the full 80 when one looked like he got a injury but stayed on and played lee fewless for the 80 aswell but interchanged his wingers and centres im confused.com i thought skirlaugh played ok thought johno played well but thought skirlaugh got away with murder in and around the ruck #poorref as for mark spence dont stand there talking start walking and yeah wests will beat skirlaugh sat cos west is best

It was an OK game, what is to be expected for a mid week game considering most of the lads will have come straight from work. I fully expected Myton to take the spoils with their big physical pack however I thought Myton stood up very well down the middle and were outstanding in their defense, to nill a side like Myton is a great achievement. Skirlaugh have won 2 derbies on the bounce however I doubt they will get the spoils on Saturday as the recovery period is too small but if Skirlaugh carry on like they are I think they will avoid the relegation battle. Not sure what is going on at Myton but they need to sort it out pretty quickly!!

It wasn't the best game but can tell both are down there skirlaugh definatly deserved it and havent seen many nills this year so that will be a massive positive for them, myton look in trouble seem to have lost all confidence from last year it was allways gonna be harder 2nd year

Yes I agree Myton do look to be in Trouble. Losing 8 From 10 is not good but I do think they have enough quality in there squad but maybe it isn't getting used in the right way as someone else also said several players out of position and key players not getting stints when needed. Long long way to go and things can change so quickly lets  hope that is the case and get all Hull clubs out of the relagation places.

Has lee fewlass left Gateshead already o is he allowed to play for both amateur and pro? Best myton team all season yesterday and still got nilled their really are in trouble, only missing booth welham and spence from last years team, although they are 3 top draw players IMO. They bench is very very poor, but so is the 2nd team and that's the players occupying The bench, heard spence say last night "I ain't putting him on" when asked if a sub was getting a go obviously no trust in the SQUAD players, marks hamstring looked fine aswell running up and down.

If Myton are gonna turn it around it has to start now I wouldn't write Dockers or east hull of to be down there wiv Their inconsistent form either some derby games to come too in next few weeks so the pressure could soon switch

I still think it is early days,some teams will adapt to the firmer grounds & some will not. From what I saw last night Skirlaugh have a mobile pack & some speed on the edges so they may be able to get a few results. Dockers looked very poor last week against Skirlaugh so I would not rule them out of being near the wrong end of the table. East Hull will do well if they can keep their players fit I actually think they may actually make the 6. Myton have more skill than all of the Hull teams but I think they are in trouble, and I agree with another poster they have no back up players, I have watched their A team a few times, pretty poor so even if they avoid the drop it may only be a matter of time, cos since Spence has chucked the Great Britain gig he can no longer tempt players with promises of glory.

Was at the Derby last night both teams gave it there all, but one thing that I did notice was the lack of idea in attack from both sides. Skirlaugh did deserve there win just. Young No13 from Skirlaugh played well and no 11 for Myton looked good.

Hull reporter you talk about you can see other hull teams being " Down there " have you looked at the table and how many wins Dockers and East Hull Have. Dockers 2 and Easts hull 3 points off the top. West Hull are starting to pick up points but are inconsistent at home at the minute no mention of them from you.