Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

Town V Leigh predictions.

128 posts in this topic

Don't worry about repeating because you're spot on . The players need it repeating to them to!!!

widnes did it to us and it was so effective. they even kicked on 4th tackle gave good chase and we had to play into a strong defence from our own line. yes we are no widnes but the tactic is very effective lets give it a go.

Don't you think it's a bit naff pinching another Haven fans name to post on here?    

Sorry keith i am THE spacecake from the haven forum dont kbow where ya getting ye info from 

Sorry keith i am THE spacecake from the haven forum dont kbow where ya getting ye info from

Donald a haven poster on here says your not.

Do you expect owt else after last 2 performances

oh dear its moderator time

I hope the Leigh team are thinking as disrespectfully as some of their fans about the game.    They don't need a halfback from Wigan as it's only Worky they are playing, etc, etc. 

We need to get this game built up locally as they are talking of bringing upwards of 200 fans with them.    They think they have an easy fixture so let's send them home with a flea in their ears!!!!

Where are these posts from disrespectful Leigh fans?

Where are these posts from disrespectful Leigh fans?

RLFans.com, where someone posted that you did not need DR's this week or someone from Wigan to play at half-back for the match at Worky!!!

oh dear its moderator time

Why?? Everything written in those last 2 posts makes sense. Those comments could quite easily be those of a Town fan.

yeah we cant really complain about any fans being confident of beating us, weve been poor in our last 2 outings. and a team pushing for the top who recently hammered the 2 teams that have just beaten us should be confident of a win and we would be in there scenario. lets just hope we can perform at 100% and cause an upset.

RLFans.com, where someone posted that you did not need DR's this week or someone from Wigan to play at half-back for the match at Worky!!!

No worries, can`t seem to find the thread, not that I don`t believe you.

Regards the DR we`ve not had a half-back from the Pies to my recollection. Since Ridyard and Brierley have been out injured, we`ve used McNally,Beswick and Nicholson in the halves.

we simply have to refuse to play the game in our own half by stepping our kicking game up and pinning them back. town are best when they stick to the basics as in complete sets, good kick chase and defend well the rest will fall in place.

...... and don't force it early on as we tend to do. We weren't a million miles off any of the top teams that have played us here but we'll need to upset the odds I guess.

Yeah Town fan also a realist,didnt York put 50 past us

No!!!

It all comes down to playing smarter than we have done , then you give yourself a chance .

I hope the Leigh team are thinking as disrespectfully as some of their fans about the game.    They don't need a halfback from Wigan as it's only Worky they are playing, etc, etc. 

We need to get this game built up locally as they are talking of bringing upwards of 200 fans with them.    They think they have an easy fixture so let's send them home with a flea in their ears!!!!

We didn't need a half back from Wigan and it was only Featherstone. :tongue:

...... and don't force it early on as we tend to do. We weren't a million miles off any of the top teams that have played us here but we'll need to upset the odds I guess.

yeah and show a bit of composure when in good field position we can't score off every play. hate sounding negative but its just frustrating as we are far better than the last two results suggest.

Not negative mate , just realistic . The frustration comes from knowing there's more there , in brain and action , than we see . And seeing the good intense patches only makes it more frustrating !!

Not negative mate , just realistic . The frustration comes from knowing there's more there , in brain and action , than we see . And seeing the good intense patches only makes it more frustrating !!

yeah Dave i think that's the problem its patchy . when it clicks and we put an 80 minute show in some team will be on the wrong end of a thumping. 23rd June would do fine.

yeah Dave i think that's the problem its patchy . when it clicks and we put an 80 minute show in some team will be on the wrong end of a thumping. 23rd June would do fine.

problem is the 23rd of june could come on the back of 4 defeats if we dont win on sunday because we wont beat batley away next week. the last thing you want going into a derby is a run of defeats to put even more pressure on the lads.

I'll have some of that stuff you're on fester added to my prescription !!!! Remember when we absolutely stuffed Leigh in our glory days ?

Deano had a field day I reckon that day .