Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

Town V Leigh predictions.

128 posts in this topic

I'll have some of that stuff you're on fester added to my prescription !!!! Remember when we absolutely stuffed Leigh in our glory days ?

Deano had a field day I reckon that day .

98-4 if I remember right and the second time in his town career he hit 42 points in a game from 4 tries and 13 goals, might be wrong on the second point but he first did it against highfield.

Does forber not also share that record from an 80 point win over Blackpool?

94-4 ... And from memory I'm pretty sure Ian Lucas was coach and he was so disgusted he took the club blazers off them !

yeah forber equalled the record. cant believe we let leigh score in that game lol

I could be wrong on this, but who was the only player who didn't score that day?

3,436 !!! And some of them names ... Oh for the day !

3,436 !!! And some of them names ... Oh for the day !

vinny fawcett, what a player he was.

Beast of a centre . Watching the old DVDs you're reminded of how top notch Tony Kay was to . The bloke was awesome the way he got outside his man and hit that long stride . Two greats for us there .

94-4 ... And from memory I'm pretty sure Ian Lucas was coach and he was so disgusted he took the club blazers off them !

There was alot of issues at Leigh after the game there then captain Mark Meadows was alleged to have made gestures to there fans after the game as there team got a bit if stick leaving the field Etc

There was alot of issues at Leigh after the game there then captain Mark Meadows was alleged to have made gestures to there fans after the game as there team got a bit if stick leaving the field Etc

I think it was the club Chairman who wouldn't let the players wear their club blazers after that match, not the coach.

I think it was the club Chairman who wouldn't let the players wear their club blazers after that match, not the coach.

Would I be right in thinking we haven't beaten them since Keith?

Last 2 Meetings

1st April 2013: Leigh Centurions win 42-22 at Leigh Sports Village

27th February 2011: Leigh Centurions win 42-12 at Derwent Park

Lets hope we get the 42 points this time, optimistic as always.

I`ll be very surprised if we concede 42 pts on sunday.

so will I ! heart says 18 -16 head says 14-32 unless we improve our defence, intensity and kicking. we are capable of giving leigh a game but it will be tough.

so will I ! heart says 18 -16 head says 14-32 unless we improve our defence, intensity and kicking. we are capable of giving leigh a game but it will be tough.

With the exception of the 2nd half blip v Fev, our defence as been fantastic over the last few weeks.

With the exception of the 2nd half blip v Fev, our defence as been fantastic over the last few weeks.

only seen you on tv against the whitehaven jameaters and i thought you were solid. you like to slow the opp down and play quickly in attack. i take heart from barrows performance at yours and think if we play as we can at home we can push you all the way but its tough game for us.

Would I be right in thinking we haven't beaten them since Keith?

I haven't checked but as we have been in different leagues to Leigh for some years that is probably correct.    I know a few years after we beat them by that score they beat us 70 - 0 at Leigh in a mid-week game!!!

According to Rl fans Brown,Joseph and Phelps injured.If this is true I feel Craven and Lawton recalled.

According to Rl fans Brown,Joseph and Phelps injured.If this is true I feel Craven and Lawton recalled.

lawton is definately playing for widnes as he said on twitter. not sure about craven though

lawton is definately playing for widnes as he said on twitter. not sure about craven though

Joseph must be injured and I don't want to see ISA playing centre.If Brown injured I hope Craven in over White.

I haven't checked but as we have been in different leagues to Leigh for some years that is probably correct.    I know a few years after we beat them by that score they beat us 70 - 0 at Leigh in a mid-week game!!!

Was that the NRC semi-final when the RFL made us go to Leigh on the Wednesday night and then London Skolars in the league on the Friday/Saturday ? Was during the Stokes era about 2006 ish ?

Was that the NRC semi-final when the RFL made us go to Leigh on the Wednesday night and then London Skolars in the league on the Friday/Saturday ? Was during the Stokes era about 2006 ish ?

They did us for 70 in a midweek game when murdock was in charge, but I can remember the NRC game you mention also.

Craven is starting for Widnes and Lawton on the bench.Brown,phelps,and Joseph pulled out of initial squad.