Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyram

Stadium developments

298 posts in this topic

Does that mean all the Dewsbury fans will have to have inside toilets installed in their rundown hovels??

Sounds like you speak from experience piggy. Personally I have indoor toilets  both in my town and my country houses, and also in my Monaco flat. :blum:

At one time Post Office Road did have crush barriers. I am guessing they were removed due to health and safety because I do know the capacity was greatly reduced. So when you visit in a few weeks time you will have to sit in 1 of the 2 relatively modern stands or stand on the ancient terracing (the new stand is progressing but quite a bit to do yet). I wonder if all clubs within Wakefield MDC can say the same?

Sorry have to inform you but it will not look as if any further progress has been made since the last Home Game.

We are having severe problems with Barrier Fixing technology, the design of the handrails for the walkway at the rear

and the side rail load bearing capacity to stop people from walking from the Terrace on to the Grass Banking. In addition,

we have having a problem with the specification and soucing for the pitch side fencing - again to do with the pressure

loading ratings. I think we may have a solution to the major items (to be confirmed at a site meeting this week)and we will

hopefully order the materials after this.

The good news is that the new turnstile doors on the North Stand Side Block should all be finished this week - bet no-one has

even noticed the new South Stand Ones!

If I had more hair left, I would be tearing it out! I never realised at the start of the project that it would be like studying

for a Construction Engineering Degree when approaching retirement age!

What are the chances of the terracing been ready for the remaining fixtures this season ? Or would it be more realistic to maybe plan for the big opening on Boxing Day against the bulldogs ,weather permitting of course.Also looking ahead even more,how long in the future would work start on the Western terrace,would it be ready for 2015?

What are the chances of the terracing been ready for the remaining fixtures this season ? Or would it be more realistic to maybe plan for the big opening on Boxing Day against the bulldogs ,weather permitting of course.Also looking ahead even more,how long in the future would work start on the Western terrace,would it be ready for 2015?

Do you think this is maybe WR's "Field of Dreams"?

:smoke:

If you build it,they will come,unless we end up in championship one!!

Seeing as none of you lot could be arsed to post any photos

terrace3.jpg

terrace2.jpg

terrace1.jpg

We intend to post photographs when it is finished and officially opened.

We intend to post photographs when it is finished and officially opened.

Which translates to "couldn't be arsed"

think roger t ram posted some photos on one of his sites after last home game ?

Not sure that there was anyone asking for pictures of the unfinished terrace. I will be getting a live update at Sunday's game.

But terrace is looking very good.

Not sure that there was anyone asking for pictures of the unfinished terrace.

I was

Its about time you lot ended your love affair with rickety wooden fences, spoils the whole picture.

Best looking set of steps ive seen this week!

Yep I have been posting frequent pictures of the projects entire progress on my Facebook page and my main online gallery after each home match. Several have also been in the newspapers.

Its about time you lot ended your love affair with rickety wooden fences, spoils the whole picture.

You're right.

Get rid of the fence and it could be Mount Pleasant............................................on a match day.

You're right.

Get rid of the fence and it could be Mount Pleasant............................................on a match day.

:P

You're right.

Oh my aching sides...

You're right.

Lol..........Dewsbury are MASSIVE......

In comparative terms i think so lol

Anyway, back to the subject, it looks good, when will it be completed, are there any plans to stick a roof on at any time.

Sorry have to inform you but it will not look as if any further progress has been made since the last Home Game.

We are having severe problems with Barrier Fixing technology, the design of the handrails for the walkway at the rear

and the side rail load bearing capacity to stop people from walking from the Terrace on to the Grass Banking. In addition,

we have having a problem with the specification and soucing for the pitch side fencing - again to do with the pressure

loading ratings. I think we may have a solution to the major items (to be confirmed at a site meeting this week)and we will

hopefully order the materials after this.

The good news is that the new turnstile doors on the North Stand Side Block should all be finished this week - bet no-one has

even noticed the new South Stand Ones!

If I had more hair left, I would be tearing it out! I never realised at the start of the project that it would be like studying

for a Construction Engineering Degree when approaching retirement age!

Any news from the meetings about sorting out the problems with fitting the crush barriers,are we any nearer to getting it completed ?

Does that mean all the Dewsbury fans will have to have inside toilets installed in their rundown hovels??

you wont be saying that when your begging to ground share.

There weren't any crush barriers at Crown Flatt!

And we had to close the Sugar Lane end if you remember.