Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyram

Stadium developments

308 posts in this topic

The updated situation is as follows.

We now have an agreement on all aspects of the Barrier Requirements.

We have purchased all the Plates, Bolts and Consumables required for the project.

We have placed an order for the Steel for the Barriers and Supports.

Subject to material delivery promises being met, we hope to construct a short section

of the main Barriers by the end of next week for testing purposes and continue to work

on the non-critical Walkway Barriers whilst we await the results of the testing and approval

of the main Barriers.

The journey continues.

We have purchased all the Plates, Bolts and Consumables required for the project.

Subject to material delivery promises being met, we hope to construct a short section

of the main Barriers by the end of next week for testing purposes and continue to work

on the non-critical Walkway Barriers whilst we await the results of the testing and approval

of the main Barriers.

The journey continues.

I thought we were just waiting for the contractors to finish their last job.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/cFb0nLCKypg?rel=0>

of the main Barriers.

The journey continues.

Thanks for keeping us all updated.

of the main Barriers.

The journey continues.

So next season then WR?

It's a good job you were already going grey and wrinkled!

:fie:

Was good to see a short section of the crush barrier was in place this evening,hope the testing of it was positive and we can finally see it completedin time for the Boxing Day game against the doggies .

Has the crush barriers finally been completed on the terracing and the everything is ok to be ready for the Boxing Day game?

Edited by andyram

Thought it was Batley's turn to host this year?

Chairman LMAO .....don't forget......they brought the magnificent 7 last year ......thru the DEWSBURY turnstile.....

Chairman LMAO .....don't forget......they brought the magnificent 7 last year ......thru the DEWSBURY turnstile.....

You are a credit to your club RPH, erudite and intellectual as always.

You are a credit to your club RPH, erudite and intellectual as always.

well thank you BSJ........x

Edited by RPH

I thought erudite was a type of Super Glue?

I thought erudite was a type of Super Glue?

It is John I think BSJ is implying RPH is tacky ;)

With the new stand now nearing completion, hopefully it will be open for the Boxing Day clash with Batley.

Transfers between the two terraces will be allowed.

rams_stand_2.jpgrams_stand_3.jpg

The club is also in the process of putting up the black railings you can see in the images, around the remainder of the ground.

Exciting and positive times for the club I am sure you will agree!

Looks really good and very well done to Dewsbury but are you not putting a roof over it?

Oooh, metal railing around the pitch!

It reminds me of Crown Flatt - happy days. (Mind you, there doesn't seem to be a big enough gap to push a visiting player's head under - H&S gone mad!!)

Looks good, well done. Just goes to show that clubs do not have to be reliant upon Councils etc. to have a decent stadium if the fans are prepared to back the persons running the clubs.

What has it done in terms of increased capacity?

As I understand it this is unchanged because Kirklees reason that in the case of rain/snow etc those spectators on the open terrace would move into the covered accommodation, so the latter still determines the capacity.

I suppose when we start to fill the ground completely is the time to worry about that, however.

With the new stand now nearing completion, hopefully it will be open for the Boxing Day clash with Batley.

Transfers between the two terraces will be allowed.

rams_stand_2.jpgrams_stand_3.jpg

The club is also in the process of putting up the black railings you can see in the images, around the remainder of the ground.

Exciting and positive times for the club I am sure you will agree!

Will we be sending for the twenty stone Widnes pie abetic to come and make sure it's completely tw @ proof.?

Looks fantastic,well done to everyone who put the time and trouble to finally get it completed.I normally have a season ticket in the North Stand,will we be able to pop round to the new terrace during the game if we want to?

Look great well done dewsbury looking forward to seeing it when the rovers are in town. Would love that at post office road end.

Well done Dewsbury looks well and will improve your ground If you can get the other side done in a few years time your ground will be very tidy and look well. All people involved should be proud of their achievements just think what some of the championship clubs could of done with the sky money our clubs have had