Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob8

Denmark Rugby League (Merged threads)

138 posts in this topic

Copenhagen RLFC will be hosting an event tomorrow at The Black Swan beer bar in Copenhagen.  It is expected that there will be a significant announcement, which will be on top of:

- Sale of a Bradford Bulls top signed by the squad and kindly donated by Jarrod Sammut.

- A numbers of other lots

Sorry, the first East vs West fixture in Denmark.  A Danish State of Origin, announced shortly after the Australian version was broadcast live to a busy bar midday on Wednesday.

Copenhagen will play Jutland on the 22nd June.  This will be the first game ever played in Jutland, but they will have a strong team, having had a number of regular training sessions and even provided star players for the national team. 

This fixture occurs ahead of the Nordic Cup, so will be a key trial for selection.

That there was a bar showing SoO at lunch time on a Wednesday and a large audience for it is progress in itself .  A tourist just arrived from Breton asked if Rugby Treize was the main sport in Denmark.  Just where he was stood it was.

A tourist just arrived from Breton asked if Rugby Treize was the main sport in Denmark.  Just where he was stood it was.

Love it!

The first game for Jutland yesterday in what will be the annual Danish State of Origin, which gave a useful trial ahead of the Nordic Cup internationals.

This was the first fixture for Jutland and the first rugby league game held in Jutland (the peninsula that forms the largest part of Denmark).

With far more experience, Copenhagen were expected to win, what is significant is what a tough game Jutland were already able to give them.

The next fixtures are the Nordic Cup games,

The plan in Denmark is for a very different approach to game day.

Copenhagen will also be hosting Cambridge Old Boys in September.

Do you have any balls left? I gave mine away!

finally I get a weekend free and it looks like the season is over (from the websites anyway)

Sigh... hopefully I should be out here again for the odd week

finally I get a weekend free and it looks like the season is over (from the websites anyway)

Sigh... hopefully I should be out here again for the odd week

The season is not over yet. There's still the Nordic Cup.

Norway v Sweden on July 20

Sweden v Denmark on August 3

Denmark v Norway on August 17

Not 100% sure on the dates or venues. Bob8 surely has all the information.

Sadly I'm heading back to the UK at the end of next week though I'll probably be out here for a week every 2 months, so I'll have to keep an eye on things.

I had a big success getting the English Pub on Vesterbro to show the Wigan Warrington game last week. :) the barmen definitely enjoyed it.

Sadly I'm heading back to the UK at the end of next week though I'll probably be out here for a week every 2 months, so I'll have to keep an eye on things.

I had a big success getting the English Pub on Vesterbro to show the Wigan Warrington game last week. :) the barmen definitely enjoyed it.

Next time, let us know when you are around.  I will see if a few lads from the Copenhagen club are watching the game.

Is there anywhere good to watch the Sky matches either this weekend or Monday? I'm around all weekend and :( I'm on my own!

Within 24 hours, they gained over 100 likes and a school teacher asked if they would introduce the sport into his school.  After years of futile banging, the door increasingly opens!

Sorry, to be a tease, but I will have to leave it there.  You cannot see anymore (or indeed as much) on the FB page.  However, for us, Facebook has been far more powerful than the website.

And an interesting offer from Randers Kommune....

This is what I was alluding to Bob.

Bob8: I noted on Jutland's FB page that there might be a Copenhagen v Jutland game on November 2nd. Could you please keep us updated on venue and time if it's still on?

There is one more game left, Copenhagen vs Jutland.

The official announcement will be coming shortly.  We will be hoping for a good (profitable) crowd.