Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

We're all going on a summer holiday?

81 posts in this topic

I'm already there, on the South edge of the sun-bathed North York Moors. Just back from a shopping expedition to the pleasingly old-fashioned market town of Northallerton.

Nowhere. Simply cannot afford a day out, let alone a week away! :(

Roda Corfu lovely place

Flying into Nice and spending a week following the tour around the Alps. Also got a festival booked somewhere. Minimoon in October and splashing an obscene (to us) amount of money on a proper one next year to Thailand.

Going to the Boot Beer Festival this weekend

Going to the Boot Beer Festival this weekend

Was up there a couple of weekends ago. Don't take hard knot unless you want to say goodbye to your exhaust.

Going to New York for a week, and that's wiping me out. I can't not go because my cousin is getting married, and she's chosen the helpfully expensive time of the August school holidays to do it.

My local council (Ealing, west London) runs a series of events and festivals every summer, and they're all in a park ten minutes walk from me, so I'll be making the most of the following - Ealing Beer Festival, Comedy Week, Blues Festival (with Dr Feelgood headlining) and Jazz Festival. Cheap tickets, all day drinking, and hopefully not too much rain.

I will be continuing my trips down to Perpignan for each Dragons home game complete with overnight stay as my summer breaks.

I'm also heading back to Newton le Willows for my next door neighbours' wedding in mid July; and Mrs Timtum is coming out here for three weeks sausage wrapping (careful there at the back) at the end of August.

Mortgage is paid off in January next year and the big Australia save up will be back on......

Durdle door in July, Dartmouth Regatta in August, Scotland in September, Lake District in September and October and after the Grand Final over to Dublin for a well earned few days rest before the World Cup.

Nowhere. Simply cannot afford a day out, let alone a week away! :(

same here

Doing the Norfolk Coast Path in June, Latitude Festival in July, Dales Way and long weekend in New York in September.  So more short breaks this year rather than a long holiday. 

Just back from a week in Kent, dropped lucky FA Cup Final on the first weekend and London v Wigan on the last weekend.

Got a week booked in to go somewhere in August but don't know where yet, can't face taking my 2 year old on a plane so likely be somewhere in the UK, ended up in a Yurt last year and kids had a ball so might do the same again this year.

Did have plans to take my good lady to Budapest in July, but neither set of grand parents can bring themselves to have the kids for more than a night so its a bit of a none starter!

Quite envious of some of the above I have to say!

Due to staff cutbacks at work, I am taking long weekends rather than proper holidays. Mind you, last year I only took Christmas off, so am appreciating this current break very much.

Was up there a couple of weekends ago. Don't take hard knot unless you want to say goodbye to your exhaust.

I did that without any damage but was very hairy.

The thought never crossed my mind. Did it years ago in a new Trumiph Acclaim , vowed never again. Will try the Hard Knot ale though

I have ticked two off my wish-list places to visit. Firstly, it's off to the Isle of White and then Krakow, from where I have trips booked to the salt cathedral as well as Auschwitz 

Tunisia

For a second i read that as 'Tulisa' which based on todays alleged news, you don't want to go where she may be going. 

Croyde Bay, North Devon - camping at Ruda right next to the beach. Hoping for good weather and even better surf!

Maybe take in a North Devon Raiders game if they're at home.

Not had a proper holiday for years now, but do get away helping a mate out on his stall at car shows.

Tatton Park  - 1 weekend beginning of June, 1 weekend August

NEC - 4 days in November

Hebden Bridge - 1 weekend in August

Various markets in York through the year

Fathers Day car show Harewood House

Car show at Event city, Manchester

Also had 2 weeks in Liverpool, working with my real job, but did have some time to look round the centre and down the docks.

For a second i read that as 'Tulisa' which based on todays alleged news, you don't want to go where she may be going.

Not heard that one. Is it dodgy?