Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

We're all going on a summer holiday?

81 posts in this topic

Not heard that one. Is it dodgy?

Arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs (and bailed).

4 nights in for London Marathon, Chatham Dockyard and to see daughter.

1 week in Ireland..Cork and west coast.

8 day motorbike tour..reins, Strasbourg, Black Forest.

To come; 7 day motorbike tour of northern Ireland.

Few days in Devon

Off to Croatia in July for a week on the Dalmnatian coast. Should be fun. DJing at the Soundwave Festival while I'm over there (and some open-air club for one of the afterparties). This will be our third year at Soundwave, and it's always good fun. That area of Croatia is beautiful and the people are very friendly. Plus, it's still relatively cheap over there.

The thought never crossed my mind. Did it years ago in a new Trumiph Acclaim , vowed never again. Will try the Hard Knot ale though

I did Hardknott and Wrynose passes last year and absolutely papped myself. My passenger side wheels were right on the edge of a massive drop because some useless drivers coming at me weren't far enough across and just froze, refusing to tuck in. A horrible experience.

The best way in from the south is toward Millom and Ravenglass then back in. Its further but just as quick and a lot less nervy!

Looking forward to going back to Eskdale campsite in Boot again - a beautiful place with two cracking pubs. 

Off to Croatia in July for a week on the Dalmnatian coast. Should be fun. DJing at the Soundwave Festival while I'm over there (and some open-air club for one of the afterparties). This will be our third year at Soundwave, and it's always good fun. That area of Croatia is beautiful and the people are very friendly. Plus, it's still relatively cheap over there.

The wine from that part of the world is getting a lot of good press recently. Geology and climate not that different from Tuscany, apparently.

I did Hardknott and Wrynose passes last year and absolutely papped myself. My passenger side wheels were right on the edge of a massive drop because some useless drivers coming at me weren't far enough across and just froze, refusing to tuck in. A horrible experience.

They were probably thinking that there were some useless drivers coming at them who weren't far enough across and refused to move out a little. :P

Roda Corfu lovely place

Yeh I liked Roda. Crusoes down the front for a quiz most nights. That was 12 years ago now mind!

Scotland. West coast, about ten days. Looking forward to it.

I’m not going away this time either – although it’s due to availability of the mates I go away with rather than any other factors. I’m planning a long weekend up at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival though as a sort of replacement. Never been before (to the festival, been to the city a couple of times and loved it) and I’m massively looking forward to it.

They were probably thinking that there were some useless drivers coming at them who weren't far enough across and refused to move out a little. :P

:dry:

:biggrin:

Flying into Nice and spending a week following the tour around the Alps. Also got a festival booked somewhere. Minimoon in October and splashing an obscene (to us) amount of money on a proper one next year to Thailand.

We are flying to Nice too but staying close by. First time we've ever been to that part of France so any tips would be welcome. 

I'm told Grasse and St Maxime are both worth a visit, but any TRL advice would be great. Ankle-biters are in tow so that has to be a factor...

Ta!

We are flying to Nice too but staying close by. First time we've ever been to that part of France so any tips would be welcome.

I'm told Grasse and St Maxime are both worth a visit, but any TRL advice would be great. Ankle-biters are in tow so that has to be a factor...

Ta!

So much down there.

A trip to Antibes for you all to marvel at the size of the ocean going 'yachts' and remark how vulgar such shows of wealth are (whilst secretly wanting to go on board!). Picasso Museum there too. Great Provencal market also.

The old town of Nice is worth a walk around. Similarly, the Croisette at Cannes. St Tropez to see the beautiful people (of they let you in!). Trip to Monaco? Port Grimaud - a min mediterranean Venice. A ot of the villages around the hinterland near St Tropez are beautiful. Maybe a trip over to the totally unique Camargue (wetlands, flamingos, salt flats, paddy fields, wild bulls, wild horses, cowboys, bullfighting) and Montpellier (my favourite city in the world).

a fortnight in New Milton on South Coast - first time in years we're not going abroad and bricking it about the weather!

Ta!

Grasse is ok to look around the old town and a visit to the perfume factory is interesting. Stayed in Plascassier last year. Some breathtaking and scary roads going north from there.

Ta!

Look after passports, wallets, purses. Seriously.

Look after passports, wallets, purses. Seriously.

Affix primed mousetrap with poisoned spines inside jacket pocket; keep cash'n'cards up your nose or somewhere similarly unexpected.

All inclusive family holiday in the quiet side of Rhodes.

11 nights in September when the wife is free from work,the weather is not to hot for the wee lass and the drunken Brits abroad have all returned to the mother land :-)

No sight seeing no tours just relaxing on the beach or by the pool recharging the battery before another 12 months in the cold frozen wastelands of Norway.

But I guess Im lucky as I class Norway as a working holiday.

If I did'nt work over there it would be way to expensive to visit so seeing the Fjords,Northern lights and the magnificent country side and getting paid is a massive bonus.

In August I'm flying to Singapore then travelling through Malaysia and Sarawak for three weeks and I'll be back for the Superleague

playoffs .

Malaysia is a great country- a good mix of old and modern with friendly people and great food.

Possibly enjoying the fruits of a recent promotion, in addition to the trip to Zante next week with the wife, I'm also now lining up a trip to the IOM in late August for a week watching the Manx GP. Accomodation sorted, just need to confirm the time off work and book the ferry. Looking forwards to it, as I haven't been to the Island since TT 2008. I've previously been a marshall at the TT, but I think for this trip I'll take my camera and see if I can work on my technique a bit.

The best way in from the south is toward Millom and Ravenglass then back in. Its further but just as quick and a lot less nervy!

Looking forward to going back to Eskdale campsite in Boot again - a beautiful place with two cracking pubs.

This is the bestway to do Hard Knott :

http://www.fredwhittonchallenge.org.uk/index.php

112 miles over the top Lake District passes including Hard Knott. Except that the chuffin' tourists get in the way.

Wrynose is the scariest pass IMO.

Good weather forecast this weekend, so the Boot Beer Festival will be great.

Been already, Alcudia, Majorca, on my own with my 4 year old. 11.05-18.05, 6 days of nice warm 21 deg sun, and Thursday was chucking it down all day, 12c max

But overall we had a good time

a fortnight in New Milton on South Coast - first time in years we're not going abroad and bricking it about the weather!

That's what stops me from holidaying at home more. There are some beautiful places in this country...but if you aren't lucky with the weather (and more often than not, you aren't) it can be a disaster.

Not to put a dampener on things like :)

Been already, Alcudia, Majorca, on my own with my 4 year old. 11.05-18.05, 6 days of nice warm 21 deg sun, and Thursday was chucking it down all day, 12c max

But overall we had a good time

Can you also let us know your departure times?