Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

We're all going on a summer holiday?

81 posts in this topic

This is the bestway to do Hard Knott :

http://www.fredwhittonchallenge.org.uk/index.php

112 miles over the top Lake District passes including Hard Knott. Except that the chuffin' tourists get in the way.

Wrynose is the scariest pass IMO.

Good weather forecast this weekend, so the Boot Beer Festival will be great.

Looking at the route profile on this link its a big nope from me.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/324949

Croyde Bay, North Devon - camping at Ruda right next to the beach. Hoping for good weather and even better surf!

Maybe take in a North Devon Raiders game if they're at home.

Be careful of the low tide rips.

And how many days do you get? :)

Winner - a bit less than 6 hours.

Think there could be a 13 hour time limit as well! 

Severus, on 07 Jun 2013 - 12:03, said:

Can you also let us know your departure times?

Civilised, 12.20 out, 16.45 back

Just come back from Sardinia.

Most of the island only kicks into life between 1st July and 1st week September.

Fuel is the most expensive I've ever paid 1 euro 85 a litre!

Wine at 10 euro per litre in a restaurant nearly made up for it.......and it wasn't bad

Weather was disappointing - worst Spring for 200 years apparently.

Well this is just bleeding typical. Off to Tunisia in a couple of days and its all kicking off- effing charming.

All inclusive family holiday in the quiet side of Rhodes.

11 nights in September when the wife is free from work,the weather is not to hot for the wee lass and the drunken Brits abroad have all returned to the mother land :-)

No sight seeing no tours just relaxing on the beach or by the pool recharging the battery before another 12 months in the cold frozen wastelands of Norway.

But I guess Im lucky as I class Norway as a working holiday.

If I did'nt work over there it would be way to expensive to visit so seeing the Fjords,Northern lights and the magnificent country side and getting paid is a massive bonus.

I was snowboarding in Norway back in Feb Tommo, went to Trysil for a week. Loved the place, although a tenner for a pint and 20 quid for pub fish n chips wasn't to good.

Kos for me in 6 days for 14 nights. Much needed too.

Getting set for a week's camping in Dolgellau from tomorrow. Plans whilst there including walking (probably up Cader Idris and along the old railway to Barmouth at least), other sightseeing plus some photography if I can find some good views.

Hoping the weather is a bit better than currently forecast: I don't mind a bit of rain but would prefer "showery" to a week of grey and wet.

Can't believe I missed this topic.

Three night stays in Boston and New York, with a week in Florida at the end. Unfortunately, still a few weeks away.

Another trip planned to Marrakesh come early November planned. Any TRL'ers got any tips for the visit?

Two weeks in Scunthorpe, We went to Corby last year and I hope Scunthorpe is as good.

In August I'm flying to Singapore then travelling through Malaysia and Sarawak for three weeks and I'll be back for the Superleague

playoffs .

Malaysia is a great country- a good mix of old and modern with friendly people and great food.

My wife has Malaysian friends, we went to a wedding in Penang last year and thoroughly loved it.  Definitely on my revisit list.

This year, we have nothing planned beyond maybe a couple of long weekends.  Too much work scheduled between now and Christmas

Two weeks in Scunthorpe, We went to Corby last year and I hope Scunthorpe is as good.

Enjoy the high life. Runcorn or Redcar next year???

Enjoy the high life. Runcorn or Redcar next year???

They both sound good to me, I was also thinking of Chelmsford or maybe Harlow.

Oh, by the way if anyone is considering coming to Coventry we have a street called Momus Boulevarde! It's well worth a visit.

Right, I'm off to Newcastle airport soon, then to Tunisia. I just bet I get caught up in some sort of uprising (......Packs comedy Muslim disguise hurriedly)

See you later, I aren't using my phone at those prices!

See you later, I aren't using my phone at those prices!

I was in Majorca in May, & I assumed that because O2 are Spanish owned I would get normal rate roaming, imagine the shock on my face when 2 calls to the UK, and a daily text to my 4yo mum bumped my months phone bill up by £40ish

OK, just noticed this thread again, and noticed the title "We are all going on a summer holiday".

Well, we had a works outing a few weeks ago, to Doncaster Races.  We travelled there in this:

post-38239-0-13992400-1374959768_thumb.jpg

Summer Holiday indeed. :tongue:

A fun day was had by all, even though the aircon in the restaurant/bar wasn't working (on the hottest day of the year to that date).

Off on honeymoon travelling down and up the Croatian coast for two weeks tomorrow. Mostly around Zadar and Trogir.

Off on honeymoon travelling down and up the Croatian coast for two weeks tomorrow. Mostly around Zadar and Trogir.

Congrats on the nuptials.

Just back from a week in the Algarve, we stayed in a villa with friends just North of Tavira. The kids spent most of the week in the pool and loved it. 

The local seafood dishes were superb, the highlight was an octopus and prawn rice dish which was delicious. Some very nice (and very cheap) local wines too.

Back from the Isle of Wight and really enjoyed it, although a bit painful! Just a few days before departing, I fell flat on my back on the pavement after my ladder toppled over. Still sore but improving. Next stop Poland in four weeks. 

Croyde Bay, North Devon - camping at Ruda right next to the beach. Hoping for good weather and even better surf!

Surf was great! 4-5ft nearly all week with cross/offshore winds. An amazing time spent in the water. :-)

Back from the Isle of Wight and really enjoyed it, although a bit painful! Just a few days before departing, I fell flat on my back on the pavement after my ladder toppled over. Still sore but improving. Next stop Poland in four weeks.

Where there's blame there's a claim ;)