Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

We're all going on a summer holiday?

81 posts in this topic

Just back from 'Moray 2013', the Scottish 6 Day Orienteering Festival held on the Moray coast and immediate hinterland. Had some fantastic, sunny weather, along with a couple of refreshing days (ie, pouring down!), and enjoyed the challenging terrain found in this part of the world. If truth be told the terrain was a little too challenging at times, although I managed to complete each day. With your overall position decided by your best 4 races, after discarding my two 'disasters' I managed to finish just about where I expected to.

With the company of nearly 4,000 fellow competitors - including quite a number of very attractive and healthy-looking Scandinavians - challenging terrain, and a well organised event largely put on by volunteers, I had a great time. And I'm knackered!!

Some pictures:-

Me, shuffling up a hill; the blurry figure in purple rather than the guy in Canberra Raiders green!

Lossie_1_400_300.jpg

Lossie Forest

Carse_sample1_400_300.gif

Portion of Carse of Ardersier map

Culbin_east_arial_299_400.jpg

Culbin

My daughter and two of her children have gone to stay with a friend who lives on the Dorset  coast. Her eldest refused to go, so I've got my twelve year old granddaughter for a week.

I'm pretty sure it'll end up with us  both being desperate for her mam to come back.

:biggrin:

Where there's blame there's a claim ;)

My own stupid fault for rushing some conifer trimming. It is slowly getting better but still sore. When you think that a lad who fell off a scrambler bike ended paralysed, it goes to show how lucky one can be. 

Just back from Tunisia. It was very hot, very! Absolutely loved it though. Will be going back deffo but I won't be hiring a car...the roads are crazy with people having to give way ON roundabouts...total mentalists, I aren't sure why they bother wasting white paint for the road markings as they are just totally ignored!

you should have acclimatised yourself to the road etiquette in advance by driving round Barkerend Road for a couple of hours every night before you travelled.

you should have acclimatised yourself to the road etiquette in advance by driving round Barkerend Road for a couple of hours every night before you travelled.

I drive round there regular. It's a picnic compared to there.