Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dewsbury Rams

Bentley Joins The Rams

18 posts in this topic

Dewsbury Rams have today announced the signing of 26 year old Kane Bentley until the end of the season. The former Catalans Dragons player is at home in a number of positions including half back, hooker and loose forward and will provide valuable cover to the injury hit Rams squad. Born in New Zealand Bentley is the holder of a French passport and has spent the 2012/13 season playing with French Elite Team Pia who were crowned champions of this season's Elite Championship. Bentley is also a French International having represented his adopted country at both Junior and Senior level. He will arrive at the Rams in just over a week's time.

This sounds promising. Let's hope he doesn't arrive with any injuries.

:P

Good stuff, looking forward to see him play.

Just seen some you-tube footage of him - fantastic signing!

You've also got Vinny Finigan on loan for a month, another good signing for you

What's going on at Sheffield? Finnigan had a month on loan at York, then goes back to Sheffield, gets back into the team, scores a try and is out on loan 

again.

What's going on at Dewsbury? So many injuries (and leavers!) that we seem to have more loanees and dual reg. players than our own signed up fellas.

We just have a lot of injuries. Only players to have left are Esporito (his choice) and Cosgrove (wants reguler rugby understandably)

What's going on at Sheffield? Finnigan had a month on loan at York, then goes back to Sheffield, gets back into the team, scores a try and is out on loan 

again.

What's going on at Dewsbury? So many injuries (and leavers!) that we seem to have more loanees and dual reg. players than our own signed up fellas.

You are very wrong, Vinny didn't go anywhere ..... It was Nev Morrison who played a bit for York

You are very wrong, Vinny didn't go anywhere ..... It was Nev Morrison who played a bit for York

Right, so I got the two mixed up, but from what I saw of the one got, he didn't perform too well. He defence wasn't that brilliant and they scored tries on his side of the field; nor was his speed of any note.

Perhaps time will tell.

Perhaps time will tell.

Did it ever previously?

You should know!

:haha:

So so. He looks to be carrying an injury to me.

This season and last season. Must be close on a hundred players turning out for The Rams. Well maybe not that many, but I am totally lost at times with it all. Have The Rams ever put the same side out in consecutive games?

Are we signing Bentley for next season?

You might as well, us and Fev don't want him :spruceup:

You might as well, us and Fev don't want him :spruceup:

I weren't asking you.