Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

Elliott Whitehead; transfer request bombshell

111 posts in this topic

But he isn't saying he wants to leave the Bulls per se.  He is saying he wants to play for a 'top four' club.  That smacks of an ego problem to me rather than anything to do with the club.

I think that may besomething he's said just to camouflage a falling out with the club.

Francis Cummins has said he won't pick him, so something must be up. Every team in Superleague is picking first-choice players who both parties know will be moving on next season.

I think that may besomething he's said just to camouflage a falling out with the club.

Francis Cummins has said he won't pick him, so something must be up. Every team in Superleague is picking first-choice players who both parties know will be moving on next season.

ie Briscoe at Hull, either Leeds or Aus  

Bradford probably doing the right thing there. The guy signed what a 5 year deal last season, now not happy that they're not in "top 4" a top four that includes Hull FC who really aren't a top 4 club. It's not like Bradford are bottom of the league

Fair play to FC no player is bigger than the club

I just don't get this from Whitehead. I seem to remember him being one of the fiercest critics of Kopczak when he walked out.

Now, attacking wise, Whitehead would improve any team in the competition, but I'm not sure any will want to pay a fee for him. He runs hard and good lines and has an eye for the try line. However, his defence is really quite poor - he falls off tackles and misses them, too. I'm sure that this can be coached out of him, but Cummins is his third coach and sometimes you have to look a bit closer to home.

If he gets the right coach now who can improve his defence, then whoever he ends up with will have one of the best players in the competition. If he can't, they'll have an expensive mistake.

It's a shame for Bradford who are struggling in the forwards. A very small pack is already suffering from injuries and this will only make things worse, but then this season was only ever about putting a team out for every round. An achievement in itself and one that we all knew was going to happen - Whitehead included, surely?

I just don't get this from Whitehead. I seem to remember him being one of the fiercest critics of Kopczak when he walked out.

Now, attacking wise, Whitehead would improve any team in the competition, but I'm not sure any will want to pay a fee for him. He runs hard and good lines and has an eye for the try line. However, his defence is really quite poor - he falls off tackles and misses them, too. I'm sure that this can be coached out of him, but Cummins is his third coach and sometimes you have to look a bit closer to home.

If he gets the right coach now who can improve his defence, then whoever he ends up with will have one of the best players in the competition. If he can't, they'll have an expensive mistake.

It's a shame for Bradford who are struggling in the forwards. A very small pack is already suffering from injuries and this will only make things worse, but then this season was only ever about putting a team out for every round. An achievement in itself and one that we all knew was going to happen - Whitehead included, surely?

Pretty much spot on in every aspect. Good post.

That may well be true, but I'll bet none of them have recently signed long extensions to their contracts.

I'm disappointed that Elliott wants to leave as I still feel he has it in him to up his game and become a better player. That said, his defence, and the number of penalties he gives away, plus the fact he is a second rower, a posiotion where we have plenty of cover [including some who are currently playing better than him] does make it easier to swallow.

I like the idea that we could maybe arrange a swap deal [hopefully for a prop] with presumably one of the top four. We currently have two Warrington players on loan and if they were interested, maybe a deal could be struck, though I guess the jury is still out on whether Ben Evans is really the one we need at prop - and, looking down their squad, I'd guess Elliott might not be the player Brian Smith has been dreaming of either, so maybe not.

I have always rated him  myself and i can think of a couple of coaches who could improve his game a lot.

I can't begin to say how depressing this is. Truely awful for the club, the fans and the team. Totally and utterly undermines the rebuilding process. Of all the players, Whitehead and Batemen represent what little we've got left to be proud of.

I'm absolutley shattered by this news. If Bateman follows then that might just be me at the exit too...

I can't begin to say how depressing this is. Truely awful for the club, the fans and the team. Totally and utterly undermines the rebuilding process. Of all the players, Whitehead and Batemen represent what little we've got left to be proud of.

I'm absolutley shattered by this news. If Bateman follows then that might just be me at the exit too...

What a loyal fan you must be...

watch this space.....................i know a certain club who will have a lot of money to spend on wages etc etconce their on loan second rower moves to parramatta.

What a loyal fan you must be...

I'll treat that with the utter contempt it deserves.

I'll treat that with the utter contempt it deserves.

Why? Because you made a preposterous, reactionary statement suggesting you'd stop going to Bradford if two players left?

The Bulls loss could be the ams gain. DR anyone? 

The Bulls loss could be the Rams gain. DR anyone ?

He'll need to improve his defence and errors considerably if he is hoping to attract a 'big club'...

He'll need to improve his defence and errors considerably if he is hoping to attract a 'big club'...

To be worthy of being a starter, as distinct from a squad player, in a genuine top four club he would have to get back to the form he was showing 12 -18 months ago. With ball in hand he was looking a future England player, and it sort of glossed over the negatives you mention, defence, errors and the penalties given away. The talent must still be there though...

I was very impressed by him when they came to Widnes but when you've missed more tackles than anybody else in SL you've still got some work to do.

It's not great PR for the lad either, fans don't generally like players with delusions of grandeur. He may be justified but he'd be better waiting until somebody comes for him.

I'm sure there's more to Bradford than just two players?

It's certainly strange that he would request a transfer now, when salary caps are stretched, rather than at the end of the season.

I dont think the timing is strange, players are being signed up for next year now. He probably didnt expect to be frozen out - is that normal for somebody on the transfer list?

We've got a few good home-grown players, but only Whitehead and Bateman are both young and first-choice starters.

Surely if they want a transfer fee for him, they need to put him in the shop window?

Surely if they want a transfer fee for him, they need to put him in the shop window?

Dewsbury...

To be worthy of being a starter, as distinct from a squad player, in a genuine top four club he would have to get back to the form he was showing 12 -18 months ago. With ball in hand he was looking a future England player, and it sort of glossed over the negatives you mention, defence, errors and the penalties given away. The talent must still be there though...

Perhaps it will take the right coach to realise his potential, That's not to criticize F Cummings at all, but I would  put money on it that N Brown would improve him no end,

I wouldn't be  at all surprised to see him at Wolves next season, I think they have the resources and probably the young players to come to some arrangement.

Briscoe at Hull has turned a contract down but he's been playing every week, apart from Saturday that is he's got a knock, the fans no he is going and so does the club but they are just getting on with it.So what's different with the situation between Bradford and Whitehead that they have frozen him out