Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simonwref

michael ennis

9 posts in this topic

Know what you mean.

I actually thought he had quite a controlled relatively quiet day today - FOR HIM!

I agree that his manner was calm today, but the comment that prompted the 'shut up' today and this thread was when he said: we are just not getting a fair game today. May have been said calmly, but the implications of that statement are dodgy!

I think there's a few captains in the Aussie game that really help there team when going to the ref. Like Smith and Thurston who by asking the right questions in the right way which puts pressure on the refs. There are loads of poor captains though who just seem to get refs backs up by arguing every decision. Like Ennis Lyon and Hayne all three often show themselves up as not even knowing the rules they are arguing over.

PMSL :tongue:

Smith & Thurston - Nato style mediation

Ennis , Lyon , Hayne - Spit dummy out of pram

I'm not saying that I agree with it but, as some of you know, they're 'buying' time for their teammates (to catch their breath) quite a bit if the time.

I'm not saying that I agree with it but, as some of you know, they're 'buying' time for their teammates (to catch their breath) quite a bit if the time.

... and when defending near their line to try to break the momentum of their opponents.

... and when defending near their line to try to break the momentum of their opponents.

Absolutely, that too!

I retract my oeiginal post lol.

Ennis is a gentleman.

"I appreciate your feedback"

Had me spitting out my coffee in laughter.