Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tim2

Results 8th June

19 posts in this topic

Midlands Prem

Chargers 34 Leicester A  66

Northampton A 94 Outlaws A 14

Telford 50 New Ravens 2

Cov Dragons 28 Birmingham  14

Cov Bears A 42 Sleaford Spartans 41

Lots of points today.

Conference South:

Bristol Sonics 42 Leicester Storm 22
Northampton Demons 4 Nottingham Outlaws 50
Sheffield Hallam Eagles 88 St Albans Centurions 18

West of England:
Somerset Vikings 40 Bristol Sonics A 18
Glos Warriors 42 Oxford Cavaliers 8
Swindon St George 10 Old Patesians 48

Went to the game at Bridgwater today. Nice setup at Old Morganians. Perfect for summer rugby. Difficult afternoon for the Sonics travelling with 12 which meant me make a mercifully rare cameo! Huge thank you to the Vikings for lending us a few lads. Somerset fully deserved their win but our lads can hold their heads high. Great to have a couple of 16 year olds from our youth teams playing as well. 

Conference South:

Bristol Sonics 42 Leicester Storm 22
Northampton Demons 4 Nottingham Outlaws 50
Sheffield Hallam Eagles 88 St Albans Centurions 18

West of England:
Somerset Vikings 40 Bristol Sonics A 18
Glos Warriors 42 Oxford Cavaliers 8
Swindon St George 10 Old Patesians 48

Went to the game at Bridgwater today. Nice setup at Old Morganians. Perfect for summer rugby. Difficult afternoon for the Sonics travelling with 12 which meant me make a mercifully rare cameo! Huge thank you to the Vikings for lending us a few lads. Somerset fully deserved their win but our lads can hold their heads high. Great to have a couple of 16 year olds from our youth teams playing as well. 

Were you number 8 by any chance?  I was the fat lad behind the sticks hiding behind a camera!

An enjoyable game to watch, didn't catch his name but hats off to the ref clocking up his 100th game.

Great set up and a welcome excuse for an escape from the inlaws!

Were you number 8 by any chance?  I was the fat lad behind the sticks hiding behind a camera!

An enjoyable game to watch, didn't catch his name but hats off to the ref clocking up his 100th game.

Great set up and a welcome excuse for an escape from the inlaws!

No mate, I was in 15. Wearing 8 was our coach Aran Simm. He's a great lad who puts his heart and soul into the club. Apparently I've got to describe him as our live wire half back after yesterday. :)

The ref was Ian "Muddy" Waters. He's a local legend who again does a massive amount for the game. He clocked up game 101 with the Vikings A vs Cornish Rebels match straight after ours and is refereeing our juniors at Caerphilly this morning. 

Muddy ref'd Swindon RL vs Swindon RU for our pre-season cross-code game and the Bristol vs Swindon game at the start of the season. I think he told me he has also ref'd over 70 RU games too.

I reckon I was over 300 games when I stopped last year, include school fixtures and festivals. I dread to think how many some of the old stagers in the north have done.

Cov Bears A 42 Sleaford Spartans 41

Bravo!

Stowmarket 40-22 Kings Lynn

I believe North Herts beat St Ives 38-10.

What happened to Bowes?

The ref was Ian "Muddy" Waters. He's a local legend who again does a massive amount for the game. He clocked up game 101 with the Vikings A vs Cornish Rebels match straight after ours and is refereeing our juniors at Caerphilly this morning. 

I think "Give it a rest son, I've got four eyes you've only two" was my favourite line from yesterday, great banter, an enjoyable afternoons rugby, wish I'd stayed on for the 2nd game, but sadly had to get back.

Some photos from last weeks Somerset v Bristol game.

I saw him earlier in the year, he's following Cov home and away and enjoying life sans TRL.

I get PMs from him from time to time.

I saw him earlier in the year, he's following Cov home and away and enjoying life sans TRL.

And doing a good job as MRL results secretary

He was busy doing the scoreboard at Coventry today.

He was busy doing the scoreboard at Coventry today.

Sounded like a good game yesterday vs Pilks (my old club). It definitely sounds like the Bears are improving.

I still get the odd message.

There should be a Bowes Spotting thread.

Derby 68 - Warriors 8

Despite a record defeat I thought first half the warriors looked like they held their own against much stronger opposition. Unfortunately the old cliche that if you travel with 13 the numbers game will catch up!

I have arranged a home fixture so im hoping we give these boys a better game not just a first half. Full credit to derby they lent us players second half when injuries and tiredness kicked in.