Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Browny

55-52?!

32 posts in this topic

Gateshead 52 - 55 London Skolars this afternoon. Sounds like a defensive masterclass!

Is 52 points a record for points scored by a losing team in an RL game?

I was going to ask the same!

You've got to ask questions when you score 50+ points and still can't win!

I await Lobby's contribution with interest.

And I walked away from Headingley on Friday thinking the same thing! This is ridiculous though!!

Poor old Gateshead.  They score over 50 but still can't win!  Their fans must be in despair!

I have no sympathy for them; if you can score 50 points and still contrive to lose you deserve everything you get.

I see that new 20-tackle law didn't quite work out as the RFL hoped.

I saw Leigh beat Batley 48-44 a few yrs ago, but this tops that

Correct

It does

At least neither team folded as the points mounted up against.

Chris, do you remember the Fev Vs Gateshead score that ended up 64 - 44?

I bet the game today was a belter though!

I have no sympathy for them; if you can score 50 points and still contrive to lose you deserve everything you get.

well thankyou for that comment, try supporting a team like us, most of the seasons we've had we've been hammered most games and I mean hammered I was at blackpool when we got hammered and had 100 put past us I could go on with scores that we've been hammered by its been so hard watching us get hammered over the years now we score 52 though still lose, to get beat by just 3points is a big improvement for us, not many of us though we love our club! and always will love them! so unlucky today gutted though roll on next game v Rochdale, were still alive as a club and that means so much to our small band of loyal fans!  onwards and upwards! come on thunder! come on thunder!!

I await Lobby's contribution with interest.

most probably along the lines of "it wouldn't have happened if we still had promotion and relegation"

most probably along the lines of "it wouldn't have happened if we still had promotion and relegation"

Look a little closer and you will see.

Glad I wasn't tweeting live updates from that game...

I tweeted the London game yesterday, like the Broncos it was a struggle to keep up with play.

just quoting lobby's stock answer to everything.......

well thankyou for that comment, try supporting a team like us, most of the seasons we've had we've been hammered most games and I mean hammered I was at blackpool when we got hammered and had 100 put past us I could go on with scores that we've been hammered by its been so hard watching us get hammered over the years now we score 52 though still lose, to get beat by just 3points is a big improvement for us, not many of us though we love our club! and always will love them! so unlucky today gutted though roll on next game v Rochdale, were still alive as a club and that means so much to our small band of loyal fans!  onwards and upwards! come on thunder! come on thunder!!

Well said.

I reckon the Thunder fans are the hardiest bunch in rugby league.  And they always seem to be the first to support the sport with their organised coach trips to the Challenge Cup and international matches.  Great community club.  Just wish they could get more wins!

Well said mate. I sometimes get depressed watching the Bulls lose a lot but in reality am just moaning for the sake of it. Like many I have a soft spot for Gateshead...and also Skolars (patronising alert!!)

Gateshead 52 - 55 London Skolars this afternoon. Sounds like a defensive masterclass!

Is 52 points a record for points scored by a losing team in an RL game?

Might well be.  Huddersfield lost a game about 10 years back while scoring 46 points, which I think was the previous senior record.

Might well be. Huddersfield lost a game about 10 years back while scoring 46 points, which I think was the previous senior record.

That was the only comparable game I could think of, Steve. 52-46 v Leeds? I can still remember Garry Schofield's face on the SL show!

Amen to that. The hardy Gateshead few created a good bit of noise down at Hemel earlier in the season. I wish you the best of luck - apart from in the return fixture!

Well said.

I reckon the Thunder fans are the hardiest bunch in rugby league.  And they always seem to be the first to support the sport with their organised coach trips to the Challenge Cup and international matches.  Great community club.  Just wish they could get more wins!

They are a great set of fans. We Oldham fans are going up there end of June, stopping over the Saturday night before the game, and out on the beer round Newcastle with Kevin Barlow and rest of the Thunder crew. The pub next to the stadium did a happy hour before and after the game last season, had a great day out and was one of the best away trips we did.