Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

leigh reaction

76 posts in this topic

Never mind resting players just get everyone on the field playing - played better than expected today well done to everyone - Graeme mattinson mom for me - also special mention for Ewan Dowes who played much better .

Never mind resting players just get everyone on the field playing - played better than expected today well done to everyone - Graeme mattinson mom for me - also special mention for Ewan Dowes who played much better .

Thought Ewan had his best game for Town today. Other stand outs for me were Lupton and Walne for their graft, Brett Phillips, who didnt look like he'd been out for a while and of course Callum Phillips who grew in confidence as the game went on....awesome. Not to forget the vital conversions from Kayle Conner!!!!

Now got to think of an excuse to miss fathers day on Sunday to go to Batley :clapping:

Looks like we finally found our number 7 after many combinations,think we still need Lupton at 6 for his experience and to control the game in the middle of the park.

Yes , how much more comfortable did Callum look with Lupton there compared to Donny ? He can just play what he says and be individually brilliant without all the other responsibilities on his shoulders .That's the best combo we have , good mix . I'd love to keep Briscoe , safe as houses and you can't buy what guys like him have instilled inside them . Not figuring at Widnes - no brainer . Carter can easily play as an xfactor floater .

Classic off TVGirl on the Leigh forum

We lost today to a rubbish team

Can read a game that kid ... How rubbish were we today ?

Apparently all Town fans are disgusting foul-mouthed yobs too.....

I was just gonna say that , I read that . Worryingly though we've heard this before , so although I'm totally unaware of anything I hope we don't have a big issue . We were rubbish and are lowly as well , so I'm glad we won really .

Well done Town today, a exellent win ,well played the lot of you, Callum the MOM for me but everyone of you deserve your winning pay, keep it going!! am I right, Brisco did score of that stupid new rule didnt he, I think it must be the first time someone has mind, what made it extra special for me today was meeting a couple of Towns old stars from the late 70s in Allan Rowley (my hero) and John Burke, both I have to say were very impressed with Town and how the old club had been spuced up, it all added to a great day.

You are right the free play struck gold

There was some unnecessary use of the "F" word from one young man but to tar everyone with the same brush is looking for something to twine about.   Having said that we don't need it, do we want it and all it does is give our club a bad name.   

Classic off TVGirl on the Leigh forum

yeah and they lost to "lowly" workington. Er there only 3 places above us. 8th out of 14 is lowly then. Some very sour grapes on the leigh forum. Some bad losers. I notice tvboy hasnt come back on here after the game. Probably a little embarrased eh.

The stewards do follow up complaints, I've seen it myself, there is things that are said and preserved to be bad language to some people and everyone elsw as just petty humour!

The silly people Leigh fans complaining today to the stewards after the game where nothing more then sore losers to which even there fellow Leigh fans told them they were making fools out of themselves!

Simon finegan scored a good hatrick and made gestures to the town crowd which we could complain about but didn't as we could see it was in good humour!!

End of the day these are the facts:

Town produced an upset

Town played excellent

Callum Phillips Is a gem

1-17 all heros

The ref was from Leigh and showed that in the second half

Honest punters paid £14 to get in the ground and support there teams

Songs were chanted

Hands were clapped

The steward had little chats

Leigh fans Wernt happy about this and with there spat out dummies were acting like tw...

Up the town

Father's Day in batley

well done town...great result for you guys...safety is getting much closer for you now...

Lee

Just want to echo most sentiments above. Yesterday evening I sat outside in the sun drinking cold lagers in a truly contented state. That was a terrific performance against probably the best team (Widnes apart) I've seen at DP this year. Finnegan's tries were just peaches of timing and precision which we might learn from and to contain their tremendous go forward was a superb defensive effort. Callum was MoM for me, that was a really "smart" performance. 1-17 great team effort but thought Shacks deserves a mention as well; they didn't push him back too much! Wasn't aware of any foul language and most Leigh fans around us seemed pretty good humoured. Just good to hear our fans so vocal and supportive.

Best team won by a mile, would have been an absolute injustice had we managed to nick it at the end. Final scoreline flattered us if anything.

Didn't hear anything untoward from the Worky fans stood around us, and fair play for the backing you gave to your side.

What I will say on the refereeing is that he missed a clear try in the second half when Sam Hopkins planted the ball smack bang on the tryline, even leaving his arm in place to prove it! Luckily enough we scored off the next tackle anyroad, but that aside I don't think either side can quibble TOO much about the match officials.

As I said, best team won. Enjoyable day out all the same anyway.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks for that mate, nice to see an opposition fan able to take defeat on the chin. It was a fantastic game, though nervy towards the end. Your forwards of the bench were devastating, caused us so much trouble. Glad you enjoyed your visit, good luck for the rest of the season.

Nice one ... Luckily you have a much easier one next to get back on the horse !!

good win for you boys yesterday had a feeling you would sneak it how did flynn go yesterday ?? was never the best winger when he was in the champ but must be better being full time now

Flynn went really Well in attack and when running the ball out. We struggled on his side in defence, seemed to be a problem in communication.

Bit strange that Beswick got MOM in paper , I was disappointed in him really . Finnigan got a treble , McNally made tries , and young Spencer from Wigan was carrying them up the pitch endlessly . They were more worthy I thought . You could tell what they had as a team when they upped the speed , movement and rucks , and we were rowing a bit at those times ,but they didn't or weren't allowed to do it often enough .

Flynn was excellent , difficult gelling in defence right away but credit to them for the tries more than bad defence , there were a couple of gems . He caught all the kick offs and attacking chips and bent the line every time running it out , which is nowadays one of a wingers primary functions as Charlo mentioned . The more he integrates the better he'll get and I bet he can shift and finish a try

to be fair to flynn both of the finnigans tries went between brett phillips and connor. i think big brett was struggling by that point with it being his 1st game back

Aye , good teams are gonna score points . Overall the line defence was pretty outstanding , precious few of the lapses we see . And to hold firm in the last ten , well yet again a sign of our tremendous conditioning . Good defence , low error rates , savvy game management and high intensity play does the job , with a bit of xfactor thrown in . We put all the pieces together yesterday for a prolonged spell for the first time since Donny . That's the template , that's the standard . No excuse for slipping back now , we've set a marker and showed what we're capable of and how good we are when we play fully to the sum of our parts . There's nothing to fear in this league when you don't hurt yourself .