Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

leigh reaction

76 posts in this topic

Best team won by a mile, would have been an absolute injustice had we managed to nick it at the end. Final scoreline flattered us if anything.

Didn't hear anything untoward from the Worky fans stood around us, and fair play for the backing you gave to your side.

What I will say on the refereeing is that he missed a clear try in the second half when Sam Hopkins planted the ball smack bang on the tryline, even leaving his arm in place to prove it! Luckily enough we scored off the next tackle anyroad, but that aside I don't think either side can quibble TOO much about the match officials.

As I said, best team won. Enjoyable day out all the same anyway.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Yeah I'm with you on the ref, he always is a bit frustrating but nowhere near the worst ref we have had. After ignoring off sides at the PTB all match he gave us a pressure relieving pen near the end. Some ref's police the ten and some don't so I'm not one of these who shouts for it every PTB.  I think his assistants didn't do him any favours, there were a couple of times they were slow to catch up with play. Plus as Leigh play lots of flat passes they missed a couple that were forward that had the crowd on the ref's back. As for the try he missed I was too far away to see the line, but the reaction of the Town players on the line was that he was short as they lined up for the next play but I wouldn't argue either way. I laughed at some of his decisions though, but they weren't all against us for sure.

I hope you take your frustrations out next week against without doubt the best team in the country.......

to be fair to flynn both of the finnigans tries went between brett phillips and connor. i think big brett was struggling by that point with it being his 1st game back

I'm sure Finnigan ran inside Callum for his second Wonky, but who was his marker is anyone's guess. They were peaches of passes and he ran a good line but we should have learned from it the first time.

Just like Oneday I returnen home after the game and sat in the sun with a few glasses of chilled sav blanc with a real feeling of contentment. Town won Jam hammered, sun shining.....does life get any better than that ?

Great performance from the lads yesterday for the full 80 minutes, as usual my backside was twitching near the end.....get in there !!

Have you sobered up yet Bomber ? bet you went home and hit the Lambrini !!!

I'm sure Finnigan ran inside Callum for his second Wonky, but who was his marker is anyone's guess. They were peaches of passes and he ran a good line but we should have learned from it the first time.

I think an annoying thing from our perspective was that Finnigan scored three tries from almost identical positions out wide, yet we still ended up trying to take on your pack down the middle with very limited success! Thought we certainly missed Rob Parker in that regard as Hopkins, Spencer, Duffy and Ostick are all really good prospects, but lack the experience of a Dowes or Thackray.

Hopeful we'll put a smile on your faces next week, though a lot may hinge on whether or not we get Ridyard back by then.

I think an annoying thing from our perspective was that Finnigan scored three tries from almost identical positions out wide, yet we still ended up trying to take on your pack down the middle with very limited success! Thought we certainly missed Rob Parker in that regard as Hopkins, Spencer, Duffy and Ostick are all really good prospects, but lack the experience of a Dowes or Thackray.

Hopeful we'll put a smile on your faces next week, though a lot may hinge on whether or not we get Ridyard back by then.

I think that team you fielded yesterday will be too strong for haven especially at your ground.

Not being funny but one or two of those were only scored because one of our players was returning from a lengthy layoff and wasn't as defensively switched on as he normally is.  Having said that your attacking play was better than ours in short bursts, but we found other ways to score.

Not being funny but one or two of those were only scored because one of our players was returning from a lengthy layoff and wasn't as defensively switched on as he normally is.  Having said that your attacking play was better than ours in short bursts, but we found other ways to score.

In that case it makes even less sense that we didn't focus more of our attack in that area!

what made it extra special for me today was meeting a couple of Towns old stars from the late 70s in Allan Rowley (my hero) and John Burke, both I have to say were very impressed with Town and how the old club had been spuced up, it all added to a great day.

I also saw the legendary Ken Kerr enjoying a pint after the game as well. B)

I was looking out for him , he was my first town hero ... How's he looking now ? Long live the King !!!

Just watched the DVD . Great stuff , Callum fantastic game , everyone else top supporting efforts .Two things right in the last set of six , first Beswick dummy's and scoots through a gap looking all the world a match winner and Briscoe grabs him on his own right on the line and stops him dead , then Beswick grubbers through and Briscoe snaffles it with three bearing down on him . Phew !

Just watched the DVD . Great stuff , Callum fantastic game , everyone else top supporting efforts .Two things right in the last set of six , first Beswick dummy's and scoots through a gap looking all the world a match winner and Briscoe grabs him on his own right on the line and stops him dead , then Beswick grubbers through and Briscoe snaffles it with three bearing down on him . Phew !

surely shaun is absolute shoe in for the rest of the season, brett has to play as well but moving him more into the action really brought the best out of his game.

First thing he said was good to get a game , total waste if he's out in the cold again . He's not figuring down there , how many GB fullbacks are available ???

First thing he said was good to get a game , total waste if he's out in the cold again . He's not figuring down there , how many GB fullbacks are available ???

and who knows, if he likes it up here, we have a head start on getting up here permanently next season.

and who knows, if he likes it up here, we have a head start on getting up here permanently next season.

According to one of the RL papers this week he is interesting Featherstone for next season!!!

Their bubbles bursting Shaun , come here !!

Enjoyed my day in the Tom Mitchell longe and enjoyed the game. Thought the best team won and the ref did everything In his power to help Leigh out.

Just watched the match again on DVD and I was amazed at just how many forward passes Leigh got away with from the dummy half position.   It didn't matter if it was Penky or Nicholson 7 out of 10 went forward and some with a clear view from the TJ's.     Why does McNally go to the left wing position when Leigh are defending?     Is he the weak link in the defence and if so we should have run at him more?    Puzzled by the penalty to Leigh decision in the 73rd minute when Walne and Mossop were trying to tackle Maden.   He dropped to his knees and never once did either arm touch the ground and when Walne pushed him over and he lost the ball the ref gave a penalty for pulling him to the ground (at least that is what he signals) after Mossop had picked up the ball and was racing towards the try line!!!!

All in all it was a great team performance with some quite exceptional individual performances thrown in as well.

He definitely gave a second effort penalty Keith but the wrestle was still on and Maden was wriggling and dropped it cold ! He gave them a few soft penalties and piggybacks in the last quarter . Briscoe's hit on Beswick in the last set was a real highlight .

Macnally says in paper its his first time his been in a team beaten by town shame he hasent played for haven last two seasons or it would ov been his 8th time he would ov been beat hahahahaha

Macnally says in paper its his first time his been in a team beaten by town shame he hasent played for haven last two seasons or it would ov been his 8th time he would ov been beat hahahahaha

he was whinging on twitter about the treatment the town fans gave him lol.

he was whinging on twitter about the treatment the town fans gave him lol.

what else did he expect????

It looked like he wasnt involved much but he still had a big hand in most of the tries . Very dangerous player in attack and a real sniffer following the ball .

It looked like he wasnt involved much but he still had a big hand in most of the tries . Very dangerous player in attack and a real sniffer following the ball .

hes dangerous in defence as well.......for the team hes playing for.

No doubt , that's why I left defence out !!!!