Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wakefield Ram

Does the club want my money?

45 posts in this topic

Again no half-time draw tickets. Asked the lady and she said they sold out over 30 mins before kick off. Reckons she could have sold another £30 worth at least. I have only been able to buy a ticket twice this season. Money for nothing.

PLEASE GIVE THE PROGRAMME SELLERS TWICE AS MANY HALF TIME DRAW BOOKS AS YOU DO NOW.

After the game, there were people outside waiting for the club shop to open, but no it was shut. I went inside to see four people in the office. Of course there are things to do, but could not one person open the shop? More money thrown away. If the club think the money is tight, they are throwing money away.

Same experience here. Plus I couldn't get a pint at half time - no glasses!!

I experienced the same thing. Arrived at 2.45pm and no half-time draw tickets left.

No plastic glasses at half time is a joke.

I was told the bar manager is away....so!!!!

Sunny day, people drinking, shouldn't that be a win win for the club?

No plastic glasses at half time is a joke.

I was told the bar manager is away....so!!!!

Sunny day, people drinking, shouldn't that be a win win for the club?

I think somebody might have mentioned it before, but isn't there a way we could stock the plastic bottled stuff the dogs sell. They always seem to shift thousands and they are easy to chill and quick to serve so reducing queuing time. Surely worth trying ?

plastic bottled stuff the dogs sell. They always seem to shift thousands ?

With the gates we get this ain't easy but a team of deficated alcoholics we just about msnage it

The Craven situation is baffling to say the least. Dale Morton has been The Rams standout player this season. Fev will be on the case no doubt.

The Craven situation is baffling to say the least. Dale Morton has been The Rams standout player this season. Fev will be on the case no doubt.

Are you saying Craven nicked all the plastic glasses

Are you saying Craven nicked all the plastic glasses

It's possible. James Craven was indeed in the royal suite at half time and drinking coke - from a plastic glass. He was being pressed by a few supporters on his non-inclusion and demonstrated a dignified diplomacy that I might have struggled to manage - very professional young lad I thought. Akaidere was also in there looking big and fit - surely he should have been given a chance yesterday given that the Barrow wingers are neither tall or fast.

It's possible. James Craven was indeed in the royal suite at half time and drinking coke - from a plastic glass.

Hes a Thornhill lad, thieving beggars the lot of em, was told Broughy was on the outside loading all the empty glasses into a van, wonder if thats why he hasnt been selected for England

Hes a Thornhill lad, thieving beggars the lot of em, was told Broughy was on the outside loading all the empty glasses into a van, wonder if thats why he hasnt been selected for England

:biggrin:  :laugh:

Here's a thought - the competition sponsors sell their zider in plastic bottles .......

Well done to specky that sorted the gas problem out and went round other side to fetch glasses.Its a shame the stewards at first wanted her to walk around the outside of the ground.  before seeing sense.

Were becoming very unproffesional! Laughing stock! Before game no beer or lottery tickets, halftime no plastic cups!

How dare you!!! us Thornhill lads are good working lads,would never think of doing that.

How dare you!!! us Thornhill lads are good working lads,would never think of doing that.

I know, most of you wouldn't have waited until the glasses were empty,owt for a free pint you lot

Were becoming very unproffesional! Laughing stock! Before game no beer or lottery tickets, halftime no plastic cups!

What do you mean "becoming" :lol:

But at the end of the day, the club are losing money through an inability to organise themselves to

Sell beer

Sell raffle tickets

Sell merchandise by opening the shop

None of this is difficult.

But at the end of the day, the club are losing money through an inability to organise themselves to

Sell beer

Sell raffle tickets

Sell merchandise by opening the shop

None of this is difficult.

Fundamental in fact. Surely someone actually cares?

:girlwerewolf:

Can't be that hard up for money can we when we do this.. Useless! To think all 3 of these happend is criminal and someone who's getting paid by the club needs telling, do job right or get gone! Voluntary staff at other clubs around league do this free of charge and do a better job!

We apologise for the issues you faced buying half time draw tickets and the shortage of glasses at the Barrow game. We did ask the ticket sellers to let us know in the office if they were running short of tickets but we didn't get a message so assumed they had enough. We did in fact give them extra for the game and we will give them even more for the Halifax game since you are right to asssume we do, like every club, need the money. The beer and plastic glass issue will also receive particular attention for the next game since this should not have happened but it did and again, like yourselves, it is not something we want to receive repeated.

Here's a thought - the competition sponsors sell their zider in plastic bottles .......

This is a great suggestion. Surely all the clubs should be able to get bottles of kingstone press cider for a fairly reasonable price ? To be honest it would be good publicity for them because to be honest I can't remember ever seeing their product. Suspect they don't do plastic bottles, but still worth looking at surely...? I would have bought one last week. Nice summers day.....

We apologise for the issues you faced buying half time draw tickets and the shortage of glasses at the Barrow game. We did ask the ticket sellers to let us know in the office if they were running short of tickets but we didn't get a message so assumed they had enough. We did in fact give them extra for the game and we will give them even more for the Halifax game since you are right to asssume we do, like every club, need the money. The beer and plastic glass issue will also receive particular attention for the next game since this should not have happened but it did and again, like yourselves, it is not something we want to receive repeated.

Speaking to the lady behind the Main Stand she said she was given 6 books but sold these out before 2.30 and she reckoned she could have sold at least 4 more books. So based on that maybe give her 12 books. I guess any programme seller not brining any half time draw back means they could have sold more.

And sorry to say but there were people waiting outside the shop after Sundays game, who I assume we're interested in buying some merchandise. If someone could en the shop for 15-20 minutes at the game then that's probably all that's needed.

And if there was a quick way of buying a plastic bottle of beer or if there were some pre-pulled pints I would have a drink at half-time. I don't bother cause I either have to go early and miss the end of first half or queue and miss the start of the second half. I think the butties are a very good idea and will sell well.

I agree but thanks for informing us that the club will sort things, that all we can ask. Like the bottle idea too, alcohol choice is abit poor in the southstand bar, maybe the badger bar could sell bottles?

I agree but thanks for informing us that the club will sort things, that all we can ask. Like the bottle idea too, alcohol choice is abit poor in the southstand bar, maybe the badger bar could sell bottles?

Might be a good idea to reopen the badger bar again if possible when the terracing work is completed in that area.