Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westhuller

Tickle and Briscoe to leave Hull FC

41 posts in this topic

I wonder if Hull FC would be tempted by Jodie Broughton as a proper signing this time.

Goodluck to Danny has been a great servant to Hull.

Couldn't agree more, mate. I'm glad he's got himself what looks to be a good deal.

The sleave has denied that Leeds are signing Briscoe or anyone else.Only interested in promoting from within.That could mean "we are being outbid again"

The sleave has denied that Leeds are signing Briscoe or anyone else.Only interested in promoting from within.That could mean "we are being outbid again"

Or Vickery was cheaper.

All seems a bit of a shame this for Tom Briscoe. It all sounds like he originally did want to play in the NRL (and good luck to him) so didnt accept what sounds like what was a very good offer from Hull FC. Now the NRL thing seems to have fallen through Hull have spent the money elsewhere and no doubt still offering a deal but nowhere near as much. In the meantime the likes of Leeds will be saying not interested to try and get the price down (again fair enough). I could see him ending up in French Rugby Union myself as his and his agents hand is forced by people pushing the price down.

As a Hull fan I wish him luck especially if his original intent was the NRL. I rate him highly but havent really seen him turn a game with brilliance lately like he had in the past. Money can be spent better elsewhere unless he somehow does a U and accepts whats on offer. Hopefully (if not guilty of what he is at crown court today) Jason Crooks can step up a little at least in his place for next season.

Who are some of the rumours?

I've been disappointed with Briscoe over the last couple of seasons; he doesn't seem to have kicked on as much as I'd have expected. Did you expect more from him?

Everyones favourite pantomime villain is just one of the players mentioned.

"Ryan Bailey is the only senior player not contracted for next year. Rhinos are keen to retain him, but he has indicated he may be interested in a move to Australia."

Eh? :blink: 

He's not a real criminal is he? :ohmy: 

"Ryan Bailey is the only senior player not contracted for next year. Rhinos are keen to retain him, but he has indicated he may be interested in a move to Australia."

Eh? :blink: 

He's not a real criminal is he? :ohmy: 

Yes.

Bailey was found guilty of brawling in the street in Leeds, and was sent to a young offenders' institution for 9 months.

Everyones favourite pantomime villain is mentioned.

Lobby is off to Australia?!!?!?! :D

Interesting potential move. I really do despise Ryan Bailey but he is a good player in my opinion and has a specific role in the Leeds team and does it very well. All the best to him if he decides on the move and a club is willing to give him a go.

Yes.

Bailey was found guilty of brawling in the street in Leeds, and was sent to a young offenders' institution for 9 months.

Bloody hell, I remember that. Wasn't it him and Chev Walker and summat about them pasting a guy who had assaulted the girl he was with?

Almost chivalrous.

Bloody hell, I remember that. Wasn't it him and Chev Walker and summat about them pasting a guy who had assaulted the girl he was with?

Almost chivalrous.

Correct.

Tickle confirmed at Widnes, Wigan now front runners for Briscoe along with Sam Hopkins from Leigh.

Tickle confirmed at Widnes, Wigan now front runners for Briscoe along with Sam Hopkins from Leigh.

Wow, Sam Tomkins gonna Leigh?

Didn't see that coming.