Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bromleybulldog

Team for Workington

23 posts in this topic

With SL not playing this weekend will JK be able to give Baz and Keegan a well earned rest (think they have played just about every match so far) and bring in Alex for a guest appearance from Saints and maybe Mullally from the Giants?

Think there are restrictions regarding eligibility of DR players for NR Cup games. Not sure exactly what they are but believed they are designed to stop clubs suddenly producing some "star" names in later rounds.

Anyway I wouldn't think Saints will release Alex again this season now that he is a confirmed member of their squad, as, it would appear, is Mullalley at Giants and Fleming at Cas. Think only DR we will be seeing from now on is Johnson which leaves us a bit thin on the ground.

you can still use 5 DR players for NR cup matches my team (haven) used 3 saints players in the last round 

Hope put a decent team out as Worky are no mugs and I would like another pop at the NR final

Only DR players who played in the last round of the NR Cup are elligible to play in this and subsequent rounds.

Blackmore is no better than we have got, will Fleming and Mullaley be released to play now they are breaking in to the first team?

Only DR players who played in the last round of the NR Cup are elligible to play in this and subsequent rounds.

Looks as if Workington are in the same boat - they only have 1 DR who is eligible for this round.

It's a shame we won't have Josh Johnson as he's been pretty solid for us these last few weeks. By the looks of it Fleming and Mullally will be with their SL clubs so I reckon we'll be looking at something like:

Geeenwood

Campbell

Walton

Faal

Johnson

Black

Moore

Smith

Mennel

Rowe

Walmsley

Davies

Lindsay

Hirst

Flanagan

Bretherton

Leary

There aren't any SL games this weekend so I'm hopeful maybe Fleming and Mullaly might be made available. Smart of JK to play them both in the Keighley game!

It's a shame we won't have Josh Johnson as he's been pretty solid for us these last few weeks. By the looks of it Fleming and Mullally will be with their SL clubs so I reckon we'll be looking at something like:

Geeenwood

Campbell

Walton

Faal

Johnson

Black

Moore

Smith

Mennel

Rowe

Walmsley

Davies

Lindsay

Hirst

Flanagan

Bretherton

Leary

More than happy with that team bring it on !!!

More than happy with that team bring it on !!!

Is Faal Ok or is he still injured??.

Flemming to play acording to BN

JK on Radio Leeds this morning saying he has a problem as he has too many fit players to choose from!! Only Applegarth not available.

JK on Radio Leeds this morning saying he has a problem as he has too many fit players to choose from!! Only Applegarth not available.

Excellent. I believe that he really needs to strike a balance between putting out a strong enough team to win this weekend but ensuring we have a fit and fresh squad for the run in. (not that this thought hadn't occurred to him l'm sure!!!)

Sounds good. Let's just hope a good crowd turns up on the day- it is after all the only game in Yorkshire on Sunday. Good to hear that JK was on the radio publicising it

It should be a cracking game and I hope to be there, but the 2 o clock kick off is a difficult time if, like me, you've been invited out to Sunday lunch for fathers' day.  Good on the club for offering their own fathers' day lunch, but its not a suitable offer for every family.  If you hear a knocking on the gates of the club at half time it may well be me! 

Sounds good. Let's just hope a good crowd turns up on the day- it is after all the only game in Yorkshire on Sunday. Good to hear that JK was on the radio publicising it

Looks as if Workington are in the same boat - they only have 1 DR who is eligible for this round.

Town wont have any DR players this week as we have some players back from the injury list.   We will have a loanee - Jordan Walne - in his second months loan from Salford.    His brother Adam Walne came on loan to us last season and then signed for us but Salford came back for him a few weeks in to the season and he is now playing in their SL team.

Excellent. I believe that he really needs to strike a balance between putting out a strong enough team to win this weekend but ensuring we have a fit and fresh squad for the run in. (not that this thought hadn't occurred to him l'm sure!!!)

I agree with rotating players in league games but in Sunday's Cup Quarter Final Batley have to play the strongest available side and have a repeat of the Huddersfield performance. Workington's win over Leigh shows they are no mugs.

I agree with rotating players in league games but in Sunday's Cup Quarter Final Batley have to play the strongest available side and have a repeat of the Huddersfield performance. Workington's win over Leigh shows they are no mugs.

unfortunately we dont seem to travel with the same intensity (unless its to our neighbours) as we have at derwent park. gutted to say this but i think the bulldogs will have too much for us at home. and tbh it wont do us any harm in concentrating on survival.