Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ackroman

sense of humour

32 posts in this topic

Just noticed a few locked threads that in my opinion, could have developed some quite humorous posts?

What the chuff has happened to this board?

I get a few key moments in the day to read about RL, and frankly if we're going to get 26 pages arguing the toss about licencing why can't we spend our frivolous time reading a load of tosh that is just as meaningless?

Thanks for ruining lunch you miserable sods (is that worthy of a ban?)

I love an angry thread about the lack of sense of humour!

Maybe he's joking and this is really a light hearted dig at people who are angry about humorous topics.

Irony not your thing then?

Completely, that's what made me laugh.

It is for times like this that we should relaunch The Beautiful People Thread

I locked them because it was getting silly.  Really silly.  We don't mind humour on here and do let it go but at one point there were four threads in a row about dropping something or other.

Now, if they'd been posted on AOB then I'd have probably just merged them and let them run.

And... the Beautiful People Thread, well, I always liked that... AOB only and with nothing that'd be banned from daytime BBC.

What the chuff has happened to this board?

It's full of Rugby League fans moaning about stuff.

Same as it's always been, really. :tongue:

Completely, that's what made me laugh.

Good. I've extended my lunch in anticipation!

when should the plug be pulled on over sensitive moderating?

:P

How can anyone complain about lack of humour when we have clement with his beer mat evidence of RL corruption? Its simply superb

It's full of Rugby League fans moaning about stuff.

Same as it's always been, really. :tongue:

:lol: aye :lol:

How can anyone complain about lack of humour when we have clement with his beer mat evidence of RL corruption? Its simply superb

Just seen it, outstanding!

To quote a David Byrne Lyric   ... ' Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...'

To quote a David Byrne Lyric   ... ' Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...'

That's a song I didn't want stuck in my head.

The dance is distracting the office too.

no sense of humour? don't make me laugh.

That's a song I didn't want stuck in my head.

The dance is distracting the office too.

It goes nicely with my tinnitus.

I think it was a legitimate complaint. That thread is just based on a bad picture of a crayon drawing.

I think it was a legitimate complaint. That thread is just based on a bad picture of a crayon drawing.

Yeah but its a real laugh. I am just waiting for the humungous sized beermats they might produce in order to accomodate every single club ever involved in the CC. Not to mention the drinks that will fit on them.

Yeah but its a real laugh. I am just waiting for the humungous sized beermats they might produce in order to accomodate every single club ever involved in the CC. Not to mention the drinks that will fit on them.

"Rugby League Causes Live Damage"

This newspaper can now reveal exclusively that Rugby League causes liver damage and other complications. A recent study of 50 men exposed to over-sized beer mats discovered that the men, confused by the table sized beer protectors bought more drinks to cover the surface. Over a period of time the men's consumption of beer became unsustainable and mortality increased. The study also found that the death rate of men by liver disease in the north outstripped that of the south where no-one has heard of Rugby League and therefore the beer-mats are more modest.

The beer-mats used to promote the RL Challenge Cup have now been destroyed, requiring 3 men to remove them due to the absorbed over spillage. A spokesman for RL justified the mats saying "RL is one big family and we like to celebrate that, but maybe we should have produced blankets instead".

"Rugby League Causes Live Damage"

This newspaper can now reveal exclusively that Rugby League causes liver damage and other complications. A recent study of 50 men exposed to over-sized beer mats discovered that the men, confused by the table sized beer protectors bought more drinks to cover the surface. Over a period of time the men's consumption of beer became unsustainable and mortality increased. The study also found that the death rate of men by liver disease in the north outstripped that of the south where no-one has heard of Rugby League and therefore the beer-mats are more modest.

The beer-mats used to promote the RL Challenge Cup have now been destroyed, requiring 3 men to remove them due to the absorbed over spillage. A spokesman for RL justified the mats saying "RL is one big family and we like to celebrate that, but maybe we should have produced blankets instead".

well I can see how men would be confused  ;)