Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

super_reff

National Cup Finals

12 posts in this topic

National Cup Open Age and Under 18s finals are taking place this Saturday.

Anybody attending? I note that in the case of the U18s final, Thatto and Leigh East first teams are both playing also on Saturday. It's a shame that the players and officials from the clubs will be torn on which game to go to!

As it is the 40th Anniversary of the National Cup, all past winners have been given 2 invites to the matches which includes a buffet lunch.  This is a kind gesture, but as you say we all have league games to attend too.

Its going to be belting final between sharlston and wibsey. My prediction Sharlston by 36+

sharlston win by 40+ can not see a shock on the cards sharlston blow wibsey away

Ive been to far more BARLA National cup finals than I have missed and it was always one of the highlights of my season, but I have duties to perform with my own club and we are playing same day. I'm only missing about 2 or 3 final programmes. The first one between Leigh Miners and Latchford was just one folded sheet!

a lot of people thought it wud be 1 sided including me looks like a top game!!! congrats to sharlston!!!!

Think Wibsey deserve respect for pushing a very good Sharlston side all the way.

Both games had everything today, credit to all involved at the clubs for making it a truly enjoyable day.

very well done sharlston by all accounts u nick it at the very death but unlucky wibesy u did yourselfs proud earned alot of respect