Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Knights to honour Hall of Famers in vintage charity jersey!

43 posts in this topic

Limited edition. Everyone will get the chance to buy, but not every one will be able to buy. Want.

So an excellent chance to make some money for the club goes a begging.  Why not take pre-paid orders from all who want the shirt? Everyones a winner then

So an excellent chance to make some money for the club goes a begging.  Why not take pre-paid orders from all who want the shirt? Everyones a winner then

Patience, young Padawan...

Was always taught that patience was a virtue, just thought mine was a better idea than "putting names in a hat" and drawing them out

What, its a raffle? Why not do what Wests Tigers did with the Star Wars shirts and auction each players shirt separately? Idno, just a thought ^^

What, its a raffle? Why not do what Wests Tigers did with the Star Wars shirts and auction each players shirt separately? Idno, just a thought ^^

Just actually read the article and it says what I just said so nevermind :D

They are going to be auctioned. Don't freak out about it.

Gathering by Gavs post that the shirts will be available to the supporters at a latter date?

Gathering by Gavs post that the shirts will be available to the supporters at a latter date?

No. These are strictly limited edition, so if you want one, you'll have to bid.

Madness, should make a replica of the shirt for general sale to supporters to buy once the ones worn by the players have been sold off.

Do you not check your e-mythers at home...?

:P

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Auctioning off 20 limited edition shirts is better than selling a load at 40 quid a pop. Unless you don't get one, then at least you'll have something else to whinge about.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Auctioning off 20 limited edition shirts is better than selling a load at 40 quid a pop. Unless you don't get one, then at least you'll have something else to whinge about.

Nice touch Mr Hall calling fans who want to put money in the club coffers "whingers", so as a supporter I may get out bid on buying one of these shirts, but if they were made and sold in the club shop I could then buy one and put even more money in the club coffers, as I say madness.

Nice touch Mr Hall calling fans who want to put money in the club coffers "whingers", so as a supporter I may get out bid on buying one of these shirts, but if they were made and sold in the club shop I could then buy one and put even more money in the club coffers, as I say madness.

The club would have to order about 200 shirts for them to be able to get them at a cheap enough price to sell them at a profit, and we'd have to sell them all to do that (which we wouldnt). These are a one off, paid for by sponsorship and any money raised by the auction is an extra. It's a nice touch by the club to honour the York RL greats, the rarer the shirt, the more value to whoever manages to get one.