Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bedlam breakout

mc namara calls you "the fans" blinkered

60 posts in this topic

Just as your opinion of McNamara is irrelevant and the name-calling childish. Hypocrisy is not an endearing trait.

As I said, your opinion is irrelevant.  I don't care what you think about me.  So leave it at that.

I'm a Leeds fan, obviously.

Burrow and JJB should be no where near the England team. Lunt and Kirkmond should have been there.

Walmsley for Moz too.

That's not being blinkered I don't think. I'm not even happy he's picked Hardaker as a centre.

I'm a Saints fan and very happy that Wilkin is not in the team as he is not good enough.  I think Robes is, even though he will be a bit match rusty after his long lay off, but I would have loved to have seen Lunt interchanging with him, not because I have anything against Burrow though.  I just think that Lunt has evolved into the better hooker this season.  I also hope that Ryan Hall rediscovers his 2011 form because he will be devastating on the wing if he does.  And as a Saints supporter who has memories of repeated GF defeats at the hands of Leeds I would say that if I was blinkered then the last team I would want to see represented in the world cup would be Leeds!

There's a poetic correlation between the, 'why can't people take a joke' / 'PCGM' squad on here and those who are getting offended by every minor thing McNamara says.

To be honest, 'blinkered' would be one of the milder adjectives I'd attach to the slightly weird bunch of people intent on lynching him.

As I said, your opinion is irrelevant.  I don't care what you think about me.  So leave it at that.

No.

All our opinions are irrelevant..but I don't resort to the use of childish name-calling of the England national coach, who does actually get respect from those who matter.

Are fans blinkered? Yes, it's their "job"

Is the England coach equally blinkered? Yes

That's the worrying thing, he is the last person that should have blinkers on.

Are fans blinkered? Yes, it's their "job"

Is the England coach equally blinkered? Yes

That's the worrying thing, he is the last person that should have blinkers on.

Not sure Macca has been 'blinkered', after all he saw through all the froth and nonsense surrounding the 'Brough for England' campaign and came to the right decision. I'm not sure what more you can expect from a manager.

Or alternatively he didn't see past anything

And ignoring Brough since he has opted to play for England there is still the matter of MacNamara refusing to see that fans from all clubs are calling him on his selections of players from their own clubs

He is refusing or unable to see and admit his captain and presumably starting halfback is woefully out of form

He refuses or is unable to see that his selection of certain players is universally regarded as poor and that those players have failed on multiple occasions for England

He fails to acknowledge or is unable to see that his management of any team had produced not a single worthwhile result and that despite having all the resource he could want and time with the team that can be given he has yet to win a series against a scratch side of hastily convened overseas players

I don't give a damn what club any of the England players come from, but I do give a damn that the best players are selected

This is not the case in the present ETS

One of the problems I have with McBanana at present is that he consistently claimed to be picking players on form.  He has altered that slightly in recent interviews, qualifying with 'long term' before 'form'.  This suggests to me that his original claim was false and this suggestion is backed by the evidence that he has consistently chosen certain players over the last three years regardless of their form.  While it is his prerogative to choose who he likes and on what basis he likes, by contradicting himself in this way, and then changing the goalposts recently, he has lost some credibility.  For me personally this recent loss of credibility has simply built upon his consistent use of spin when interviewed previously.  I never trust spin no matter where it comes from. 

Argh... temporarily locked while I can see if this thread is even part way redeemable.

Nope, it isn't recoverable and stays locked.  I did try to delete a few but then more would have made no sense and I'd have had to bin most of the thread.  Anyway, I'm sure those of you who wanted to express an opinion of it will have written it by now and the rest is just grumbling.

I'm not that fussed if you can't treat the England coach with respect but I expect you lot to at least try to respect each other.