Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

audois

Remi Casty to NRL with Roosters

42 posts in this topic

Story breaking here. To join up with Trent Robinson. If so fantastic opportunity for him & richly deserved.

Just chatting to Foti sans Goaty about it....

Fantastic news for the lad and for the treize here.  

Sad for the Dragons who have now lost their two big grunt boys up front in the space of twelve months.  Casty doing a lot more work this year in the absence of Ferriol.

http://fr.catalansdragons.com/index.php?article=2013-06-11_2823

Two years from 2014. After Dream Team selection in 2012. Who knows may still get him back. What experience he would bring back & still only 30 yrs old. If anyone has built the foundations at Brutus its him. Whats more he will wear the tricolours to remind him of home. Bravo Remi!

Two years from 2014. After Dream Team selection in 2012. Who knows may still get him back. What experience he would bring back & still only 30 yrs old. If anyone has built the foundations at Brutus its him. Whats more he will wear the tricolours to remind him of home. Bravo Remi!

Agree entirely, and nicely put as ever.  

A strange feeling of happy sadness.

I do wish the Australians would start some youth development in their forward department as they need to stop nicking those from the northern hemisphere.

Personally I don't celebrate any good player of Casty's quality leaving Superleague for the NRL.  I think it's a damn shame he's been tempted away.  Our league was richer for him being in it.  The only possible upside to him going is that a young French forward may get the chance now to show us what he has got to offer, at least I hope that will be the outcome.

Agree entirely, and nicely put as ever.  

A strange feeling of happy sadness.

You've summed it up.

Out of interest is he a first from France to play NRL.

Big Jerome at the Raiders....  Must be 15 years ago now, but still got the Aussie twang.

Saintslass, please forgive us.  Down here we have watched Remi Casty from junior level come through the ranks, and to see him go to the NRL is a huge clap on the back for the lad.

Big Jerome at the Raiders....  Must be 15 years ago now, but still got the Aussie twang.

Saintslass, please forgive us.  Down here we have watched Remi Casty from junior level come through the ranks, and to see him go to the NRL is a huge clap on the back for the lad.

Nothing to forgive!  I can appreciate your pride.

Watching the NRL week in, week out on Premier Sports has left me somewhat underwhelmed on the whole, bar a match or two each week, so I'm not really in the worshipping NRL camp!  I just get miffed that they keep tempting our (ie the northern hemisphere) best forwards meaning our game is without them.  If they have such a wonderful system out there why don't they develop their own bloody forwards? :angry:  (Scuse my ranting!)

Nothing to forgive!  I can appreciate your pride.

Watching the NRL week in, week out on Premier Sports has left me somewhat underwhelmed on the whole, bar a match or two each week, so I'm not really in the worshipping NRL camp!  I just get miffed that they keep tempting our (ie the northern hemisphere) best forwards meaning our game is without them.  If they have such a wonderful system out there why don't they develop their own bloody forwards? :angry:  (Scuse my ranting!)

Aye, the world needs more Josh Perry's!

;)

Aye, the world needs more Josh Perry's!

;)

Well, I suppose it does if it wants more muesli but not if it wants good rugby league!!

Great stuff, look forward to seeing how he goes over there. Congrats Remy, and all the best!

Great news. Tomkins and Ryan Hall next please.

I think the best hope for European rugby league - sadly - is NRL expansion into Europe personally. In this age of easy air travel I could realistically see, say, 6 European sides joining an expanded NRL and playing away games in batches on road trips. I wouldn't rule out our big guns like Leeds, Wigan and Saints putting in bids to join in the future and Catalan with its European flavour would be a big draw as well.

Watching the NRL week in, week out on Premier Sports has left me somewhat underwhelmed on the whole, bar a match or two each week, so I'm not really in the worshipping NRL camp!

Really? I'm the exact opposite. Total convert. The game's twice as quick, largely penalty free and just played to an infinitely higher standard (IMHO).

I think the best hope for European rugby league - sadly - is NRL expansion into Europe personally. In this age of easy air travel I could realistically see, say, 6 European sides joining an expanded NRL and playing away games in batches on road trips. I wouldn't rule out our big guns like Leeds, Wigan and Saints putting in bids to join in the future and Catalan with its European flavour would be a big draw as well.

That's just not feasible at all, the journey is just far to long.

Anyways good look to Remi, hope he goes well down under.

Have you ever considered seeking help from a mental health professional?

That's just not feasible at all, the journey is just far to long.

Really? So how does international cricket manage then?

If you had 6 Euro sides the Aussie sides would only need 1 road trip each and the Euro sides at most 3 but possibly just 2. I don't see a huge problem, although of course the preferred alternative would be a self-contained Euro "conference" with smaller road trips just adding colour by way of non-conference games. But that would necessitate as many Euro NRL sides as are in Aus, which brings us back to the same problem that Super League faces, namely that we're not brave or ambitious enough to engineer them.

I'll make a prediction though - Leeds and Saints to apply to join NRL within 5 years. Watch this space.

Have you ever considered seeking help from a mental health professional?

Quality input as ever.

Quality input as ever.

Hmmm so do you consider the fantasist guff that you post to be "quality input"?

Thought you'd taken your bat and ball home anyway.

Great news. Was just thinking earlier it would be good to get some French players over there. Gives more frenchbplayers the opportunity in sl. Escare great example. Old knackered Brent Webb would have blocked his path if he wasn't old and knackered. Get more of the french spread around.

I'll make a prediction though - Leeds and Saints to apply to join NRL within 5 years. Watch this space.

:sclerosis:. that will only be possible when there is a direct train route through the earths core........................  which will be never!

:sclerosis:. that will only be possible when there is a direct train route through the earths core........................  which will be never!

Shun, i'll let you into a few things that may ot have made their way to your neck of the woods!

1. Something called the airplane has been invented and you can fly from London to Sydney in 21/22 hours ..... Shock, horror! Heck, you are even allowed to go to sleep on them!

2. The NZ and South African teams that play in the very successful Super 15's tournament have trips that are about 16/17 hours and they play 3 games before returning home

3. And finally the British Lions decided to trial DSK's crazy idea of flying to Oz and play 6 games on the road ..... And by golly it might even catch on!