Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ripon Boy

England v Exiles Band in the Stand

39 posts in this topic

Some of us have been booked by the RFL to play in the stand for Friday's game. Any suggestions for tunes are welcome. If you want to check us out here we are last Sunday playing at Parklife Festival in Manchester. (Hope the girls are just as pretty on Friday!)  :sleep:

The late great John Fletcher.......you are a man of good taste!

The late great John Fletcher.......you are a man of good taste!

Fletch was a good friend of the family - I could only dream of playing like that. For those who don't recognise the name, you've almost certainly heard him play before, on the soundtrack to 'Star Wars'.

Some of us have been booked by the RFL to play in the stand for Friday's game. Any suggestions for tunes are welcome. If you want to check us out here we are last Sunday playing at Parklife Festival in Manchester. (Hope the girls are just as pretty on Friday!)  :sleep:

I'd rather you just watched the game, cheered, sang and shouted your support.  I hate this guff at games.

Fletch was a good friend of the family - I could only dream of playing like that. For those who don't recognise the name, you've almost certainly heard him play before, on the soundtrack to 'Star Wars'.

Did he do the "Cantina song"?!

Did he do the "Cantina song"?!

He was principal Tuba with the London Symphony Orchestra, so you'll hear him on the orchestral stuff, especially the theme tune, where he solos. Fabulous tone.

Stand up and fight/the Toreador song from Carmen Jones/Carmen.

Just to say, these boys are good, very good. A million miles away from the same two songs belted out by the Southstand band at Headingley.

We had them at York earlier in the year and they really added to the matchday atmosphere!

As long as they aren't the same as the dreary lot who show up at England Football matches with only three tunes.

Just to say, these boys are good, very good. A million miles away from the same two songs belted out by the Southstand band at Headingley.

We had them at York earlier in the year and they really added to the matchday atmosphere!

In fairness you could add to that* with a kazoo.  I'm not a fan.

*very unfair.

Party Rock, Ruby Ruby, and basically anything else that the PlusNet Band play!

Oh, try Gangnam Style and see if that works!

Had a "college football" feel about last night with the different songs. Sounded better than the ###### the southstand at Headingley pump out anyway.

They were actually very good and played some tunes you wouldnt normally associate with an RL game, the crowd even applauded them, excellent.

Sounded brilliant last night

I hope the RFL hire you to all the England WC games!

That said, it might be cliched but I do like a bit of the Great Escape for England games, I don't know why but I do.

They were actually very good and played some tunes you wouldnt normally associate with an RL game.

Like "I'm H -A-P-P-Y"? " Happy Talk" ? "Things Can Only Get Better"?

They were actually very good and played some tunes you wouldnt normally associate with an RL game, the crowd even applauded them, excellent.

The Hawaii Five-O theme tune was great.

Book 'em again, Danno.

Had a "college football" feel about last night with the different songs. Sounded better than the ###### the southstand at Headingley pump out anyway.

Much better than the noise from Headingley, but still awful and intrusive. Out game generates excitement and atmosphere, why shove fake boobs and bleached hair on it?