Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Knights to wear fans names with pride!

18 posts in this topic

Don't know why the club has not done this before, Cas did this years ago and I suggested it to the club and as usual they didn't bother.

Don't know why the club has not done this before, Cas did this years ago and I suggested it to the club and as usual they didn't bother.

Well they have now!

Be great minus the silly collars

I've been assured there'll be no silly collars.

For those interested in having their name on the new away shirt:

If you want to send a cheque to the club office along with the names you'd like on the shirt, or alternatively you can pay straight into the Squadbuilder account and let me know the names (via info@alldesignandprint.co.uk), whichever is most convenient. You could call into the club office and pay cash as well if that suited, or even see me or any member of the supporters club committee on a match day.

Cheques payable to: YCK Squad Builder Fund

Account Name: YCK Squad Builder Fund

Sort Code: 77-71-32

Account Number: 16121468

Office Address: York City Knights RLFC, Roland Court, Huntington Road, York YO32 9PW

Thanks for your support,

Simon

Edit: A quarter of the available names have already gone, so I wouldn't hang about if I were you!

Just a reminder there's a few spaces left to have your name on next years Championship 1 Champions shirt ;)  

All names need to be in by Friday 6th September latest.

As an aside, Squadbuilder raised £13,892.36 this year. Not bad going at all that, massive thanks to everyone who put their money where their mouth is. 

Don't want this to sound rude, but a genuine question. What does £13,892 get you at this level of rugby league?

Don't want this to sound rude, but a genuine question. What does £13,892 get you at this level of rugby league?

About 95% of a Simon Brown?

About 95% of a Simon Brown?

Looking for an actual answer, unless that's true? I have no idea how much an RL player costs :P

Thats as true as that gets shadow. Was he worth our cash?

Itd get 4 or 5 props

Thats as true as that gets shadow. Was he worth our cash?

Itd get 4 or 5 props

Gonna say No!

Didn't do owt to dazzle me either.

Pre-Easter he was class and I saw us playing on into late September.

Pre-Easter he was class and I saw us playing on into late September.

May have had his head turned by another teams interest?

Bit of guesswork really, but about 2 decent players, or half the cost of 4, or a quarter the cost of 8 etc.

Nothing new here we have had ours woven in this season, good way to raise some cash though.

I reckon nearly £14,000 is a fine effort by all concerned and many thanks from me. When you take into account our poor attendance figures and apparent low local interest levels this year, coupled with the financial climate, it's not a bad sum.