Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

indomitable

Sky Discrimination

53 posts in this topic

Trying to work out if this thread is satire or not...

Mmm.

I seem to remember a period , when your team Bulls were never off, or so it seemed, so swings and roundabouts I think

This. Just to be clear, if you never complained that Bradford were shown too often that other clubs had to miss out in the past you have no right to complain now.

Nothing to worry about. The Bulls coverage will balance out when we storm the playoffs and Grand final.

:D

In which season is this likely to happen Wolers?

Whereabouts are you from?

I'm originally from Garndiffaith.

This isn't a dating site. Cut it out.

This isn't a dating site. Cut it out.

No, it's a conspiracy. And you're not invited.

In which season is this likely to happen Wolers?

Possibly not this season.

:D

I would have thought that with a large population(Bradford) along with the other sides with large populations Sky should aim to give decent coverage. Incidentaly I live in Bridgend, halfway between my places of work Cardiff and Swansea.Thank goodness the World Cup will be on BBC

Believe it or not, indomitable has got a point.

Sky have discriminated against ###### teams for years.

Although we may argue among ourselves about coverage given to our favourite sides, RU sides are extremely over covered in comparison. Sky,BBC, ITV, and now I understand BT will be providing coverage. I always understood because we had an exclusive contract with Sky, it prevented live coverage on other channels. All my working colleagues are union fans, and they get masses of coverage for all club games.

Just to be clear, there has been no free to air coverage of English club rugby at all since 2009 when the BBC lost the Anglo-Welsh cup to Sky Sports. Their live matches have been exclusive to Sky and ESPN, with highlights on ITV. Next season most of their live matches will be on BT Sport with some still on Sky.

The Pro12 is shown terrestrially on the BBC in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland but we cannot complain when we have no professional clubs in any of those countries let alone able to support a separate league in them.

Aside from the awful scheduling of the Super League Show we do just as well in England as club rugby union, if not better because of the free live Challenge Cup games on the BBC. They get more games televised overall though because as well as a league and cup, they also have two European competitions to compete in when we only have a single WCC match to compare.

This is just so far this season, 11 times in 18 rounds (they weren't scheduled to feature in their other postponed game) to me does seem a little excessive.

And that info is at home. In my special nerd place.

(Or the last few threads are here until TRL stops)

But not really, the top clubs feature more, the biggest drop was Huddersfield in 2011 to 2012, I think 14 (top) to around 6.

Are you including the WCC in that? Also, I would argue that it is difficult to count tonight's game in that as it's effectively a bonus televised match due to the match being rearranged. If this was played during round 3, it wouldn't have been televised

Are you including the WCC in that? Also, I would argue that it is difficult to count tonight's game in that as it's effectively a bonus televised match due to the match being rearranged. If this was played during round 3, it wouldn't have been televised

No, I don't include the WCC. And I think it was always on the cards to show tonight's rearranged fixture, I'd have to check if it has been before. The Wakefield postponed game would be a different matter, although funnily enough the home/away games are now back to back.

No, I don't include the WCC. And I think it was always on the cards to show tonight's rearranged fixture, I'd have to check if it has been before. The Wakefield postponed game would be a different matter, although funnily enough the home/away games are now back to back.

Fair enough, was just surprised by the number. I know we've been on TV quite a bit this year but it doesn't feel like we've been on most weekends (maybe it does to fans of other teams though! :D )

Fair enough, was just surprised by the number. I know we've been on TV quite a bit this year but it doesn't feel like we've been on most weekends (maybe it does to fans of other teams though! :D )

Hull FC home, St Helens away, Wigan home, Bradford home, Catalan away, Warrington home, Bradford away, St Helens home, Wigan Magic weekend, Hull FC away, Widnes home.

Hull FC home, St Helens away, Wigan home, Bradford home, Catalan away, Warrington home, Bradford away, St Helens home, Wigan Magic weekend, Hull FC away, Widnes home.

I was on holiday for the last 2 and one is happening tonight, which is why it didn't seem as many to me.

I'll not complain, as I've made a conscious decision not to go to many Leeds matches this year to save up for the RLWC, so the more televised matches the better! :laugh:

Just watching a show on sky 1 which had an advert for sky sports summer schedule. See if you can guess which sport was not mentioned?

Just watching a show on sky 1 which had an advert for sky sports summer schedule. See if you can guess which sport was not mentioned?

Just to be clear, was it the Elite League of speedway? Or was it the WWE that manages to draw an average of 150,000 viewers for a show that airs live at 1am?

Saw an ad tonight for the Monday night game on Sky, nothing on Fridays game though but then again Friday is a settled spot with a settled audience.

Just to be clear, was it the Elite League of speedway? Or was it the WWE that manages to draw an average of 150,000 viewers for a show that airs live at 1am?

No but then, Speedway is perfectly entitled to be mentioned too. As is American Wrestling. Why exclude them?

There's a thread about you, have you seen it?!

I'm plonking this here as it's not worth a new thread as it's i) sky, ii) Bulls relate and iii) league in strange places...

I saw an ad for a series starting on Thursday 4th July called Great Little Britons which features t'Bulls cheerleaders (and Yorkshire Brass Band Championship in Bradford).

edit: incorrect day

I fancy the Brass Band one - if it's one a week and in the order they show - 25 July?

No but then, Speedway is perfectly entitled to be mentioned too. As is American Wrestling. Why exclude them?

Just to be clear, you think a trailer should list every single sport they will be airing over the summer?

Sky's seasonal trailers are, with the exception of bloody football, based around events and tournaments. They never include sports that are on every week because they anyone interested in those will already be subscribing and watching them, and because those will have separate trailers airing for their individual matches. While Sky strangely seem to have forgotten about the Friday matches, as Li0nhead said, they have been promoting the Monday ones quite regularly.