Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ralph2

Is this forum dying,

43 posts in this topic

It has its uses chris. But its an open forum and some do insist on conducting private business on there. Some like to live every aspect of their lives including doing their "dirty washing" on facebook. I will never understand why!

Its high tec: Corrie.

I have also noticed a distinct lack of 'traffic' on your forum, which is a real shame as it was often informative and entertaining. I do not use Facebook, precisely because anything goes. I prefer to have a little regulation on the stuff posted.

Its a trade off dd. No moderation on fb but you get to select those you wish to interact with. If there is someone you find unpleasant, vindictive, irritating or a trouble causing dullard, it's simply to omit him/her from your status on facebook.

On these fora you have no choice but to put up woth them, though I have discovered the "ignore" facility!

Quick question for you Fev fans, but where is Sidnee? Not seen a post from him in an age, I met him a few years back when he was through for the Knights match

Think he is just busy with work and not fallen out of love with this forum but others know him better than me 

He is currently active on the facebook group at the minute but drifts in and out of being active

Think he is just busy with work and not fallen out of love with this forum but others know him better than me

He is currently active on the facebook group at the minute but drifts in and out of being active

Cheers

Quick question for you Fev fans, but where is Sidnee? Not seen a post from him in an age, I met him a few years back when he was through for the Knights match

He's fallen in love, and also spends a lot of time on Facebook sharing all those silly quotes and pictures.

He's fallen in love, and also spends a lot of time on Facebook sharing all those silly quotes and pictures.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeh, facebook should give him his own room. we are like voyeurs :tongue:

Male, female or himself? :-)

Male, female or himself? :-)

Haha 2 out of 3 ain't bad, :-)))))

Cue for a song!!!!

Yes, there was another wartime game - Huddersfield v Cas, I think, which ended in a draw, the Cas players had to get back for some air raid duty or summat and Huddersfield kicked off on their own and scored against nobody.

What if they'd knocked on ?

Uncontested scrum?

Just been looking back and I see some topics have had no posts for over 12 months. Surely these can be deleted. Can topics which have had no posts for (say) 3 months be deleted?

Just been looking back and I see some topics have had no posts for over 12 months. Surely these can be deleted. Can topics which have had no posts for (say) 3 months be deleted?

No, because there is some useful and interesting information and debate in most of the topics and threads on here, and doesn't verify deleting just because they haven't been replied too for a while. Many posters will bring threads back into contention once in a while or even use quotes from them

No, because there is some useful and interesting information and debate in most of the topics and threads on here, and doesn't verify deleting just because they haven't been replied too for a while. Many posters will bring threads back into contention once in a while or even use quotes from them

"well said Maureen", as i said in my post on 4th of January

Almost all on facebook nowadays. I kind of miss this forum how it was but it was ruined by one or two individuals for me.

There doesn't appear to be a "half way house"... e.g a forum that moderates good debate but where I can choose who to interact with and/or exclude those I don't wish to include in my topic/status.

I use both. Facebook has it problems but I guess on balance most prefer it for all things fev.

I started creating such a forum a while back, but never really bothered trying to promote it

I doubted anyone would use it anymore than here or facebook, but I thought a dedicated fev rovers forum may be a good idea

here it is

http://featherstonerovers.info/index.php