See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Segovia Carpet

Dr Koukash in Sundays Racing Post

45 posts in this topic

I have hijacked this from the Salford board for forumites :-

Excellent two page column in Sundays Racing Post.

Very positive stuff - interview was with the press last Monday.

Some quotes :-

'I realised straight away what I had inherited - it was like a scene from a Horror Film'

'Brian and I are even now settling on the 2014 team and looking further down the line'

' I am in this for the long term - I have given a commitment that we will turn the club around & I intend to get into the world of RL to change things there as well'

etc

Its a good read.

The Dr has saved my club from extinction, so he is already a hero to me.

I've followed every thread about him on here and RLFans and I am loving it! The jealousy (from some, not all!) is unbelievable. We're bottom of the league and other fans are jealous of us. Bring it on! Loving it! :onthequiet:

Onwards and upwards with the Doctor!

I've followed every thread about him on here and RLFans and I am loving it! The jealousy (from some, not all!) is unbelievable. We're bottom of the league and other fans are jealous of us. Bring it on! Loving it! :onthequiet:

If I am honest, I haven't seen any hints of jealously from other fans, nor any reason to be be jealous.

If I am honest, I haven't seen any hints of jealously from other fans, nor any reason to be be jealous.

Come on, the guy's a breath of fresh air. Just look at how much shouting he does.

In fairness, it is mostly the nutters on RLFans, but there has been the odd comment here that I read as being a dig at us.

Couldn't agree more, I'm a rugby league fan 1st and a saints fan 2nd. I'd love to see a strong and successful Salford and would love to see them making inroads into Manchester in terms of potential new fans and grassroots RL.

Well done the Doctor -the game needs more big clubs especially from the the bigger conurbations.

Wonder how he will react to the 2point deduction ?

Must have aggieved at the £10k fine to think about an appeal with these kind of consequences

The doctor is awesome if only we had more people like him in our game be interesting to see Wat he does for nxt season regarding signings and how he's going to get the crowds up

Couldn't agree more, I'm a rugby league fan 1st and a saints fan 2nd. I'd love to see a strong and successful Salford and would love to see them making inroads into Manchester in terms of potential new fans and grassroots RL.

yep - despite claims of jealousy, I dont think any RL fan is happy with the likes of Salford and London taking hidings in front of less than 3k.

As a Wire fan it would be great if Salford were getting 10k playing great RL creating a genuine rivalry.

I heard rumour that the drs brother was going to buy hkr? don't know if it was true

Cant imagine the game without him now, reminds me of Maurice Lindsay, but with more money and a bigger voice.

I'm intrigued, was this a purely (or a majority) RL inspired interview with Koukash in The Racing Post?

As in, "we know him for xyz in horse racing, but recently Dr Koukash has taken over Salford City Reds, etc. etc. etc."...?

Well done the Doctor -the game needs more big clubs especially from the the bigger conurbations.

Wonder how he will react to the 2point deduction ?

Must have aggieved at the £10k fine to think about an appeal with these kind of consequences

I can't see the 2 point deduction bothering him much. Salford won't be threatening the playoffs this year.

In fairness, it is mostly the nutters on RLFans, but there has been the odd comment here that I read as being a dig at us.

I don't think I've seen many digs at Salford, plenty of digs at the Dr though.  Understandable really, he's got a right gob on him.  I've always enjoyed going to Salford, and I hope they can get their crowds up in the near future and get the team playing well on the park.

I'm intrigued, was this a purely (or a majority) RL inspired interview with Koukash in The Racing Post?

As in, "we know him for xyz in horse racing, but recently Dr Koukash has taken over Salford City Reds, etc. etc. etc."...?

60% about league, 30 about horse racing (his favourite course is Chester which is a mighty fine course) and 10% about general chit chat. An interesting read.

Be good to see Salford as a decent team. Just hope the Dr can deliver for Salford next season. They really shouldn't be fighting off relegation next year, which will put the pressure on one or two other clubs to avoid the drop if we go to 12 teams in SL.

Salford are on the edge of the North's premier city, there is loads of potential there.

The good Dr is exactly the type of person we need in the game, the old guard have done nothing to promote the game.

Not a Salford fan but I love seeing the reaction from other clubs to the good Dr. My oh my is he rattling a few parochial cages. If only we had someone similar down here in London.

Not a Salford fan but I love seeing the reaction from other clubs to the good Dr. My oh my is he rattling a few parochial cages. If only we had someone similar down here in London.

I don't really get the point.

Nobody was bothered when Moran came in at Warrington and started spending money, or Davey at Hudds, or investors at Bradford or Wigan and so on.

Clubs and fans are not complaining due to him being involved, quite the opposite if you think back to when he first came in - people are generally complaining when he sounds off like an idiot. I must admit I find him very likeable and he is clearly passionate, but he doesn't appear the most stable of backers!

if marwan can do for salford what steve o'connor has done for widnes then he will be a massive success, the 2 clubs are in a similar situation with not owning their own grounds and being just the name and playing roster, if he wants to make a success of the job he could do a hell of lot worse than get steve to give him some advice on how to turn a club around. but like dave said he does come across as a bit of a loose cannon at times............

if marwan can do for salford what steve o'connor has done for widnes then he will be a massive success, the 2 clubs are in a similar situation with not owning their own grounds and being just the name and playing roster, if he wants to make a success of the job he could do a hell of lot worse than get steve to give him some advice on how to turn a club around. but like dave said he does come across as a bit of a loose cannon at times............

You've opened a can of worms suggesting that he should speak to Steve O'Connor.

The last time anybody dared suggest that he may benefit from speaking to people within the game who have been a success I and others were shot down in flames!

i know but steve has proved that he has what it takes to turn a club round and get them heading in the right direction, when he took us over we were in a far more perilous state than salford were and he has built the club as a solid business concern before targetting the better players to move us forward. that is really what marwan should be doing as a priority...